Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's one thing loosing like this, it's done. Now, It's how we respond next game. Maybe it's the kicking we needed to remind us, we are fighting for every thing this year as of last and the year before and how easy it can all be taken away. Tiredness, complacency or poor judgement from AVB is no excuse. We need to bounce back with a boom!! lets really see what we are made of.

I'll translate.

I'm fine with the way he has us playing so long as we're winning but I wont give him any praise or credit for that. After one shit game I've decided the man hasn't a clue. I've been waiting for this moment for ages.

I've been expressing doubts about his style of play for a year but keeping getting slapped down when we edged out games with 40-yard Bale strikes so stopped bothering in order to keep the peace

Listen everyone, Chelsea won the fucking Champions League playing like West Ham today beating the likes of Barca and Bayern whilst stumbling along in the league. Sometimes it happens. I've seen so many hilarious "such and such HAS TO START from now on" comments on here its unreal, just look all all the different opinions to tell you its not that simple.

Today West Ham gambled on being able to block us out and hit us with a set piece or a counter. If Defoe had scored one of his early chances they would never have got in the game (highly unlikely anyway) they didn't have any way of coming out of that ultra defensive anti-football at that point. We chased the game at 1-0 and got caught on the break, it happens.

For me, the lack of goalscoring chances is a bit of a worry and personally, I think Soldado will struggle for some time yet, I also think a lot of fans got carried away with our signings and results so far but we are only 3 points off the top, lets not act like its the end of the world just yet eh?

His team one 3-0 away, using the same tactics he's always used. So no, Ted 'I'm a fucking cunt today' Cobra, I'm not retarded.
West Ham played well today, very little of the long ball nonsense. Allardyce outsmarted AVB simple as, he had his gameplan and it worked. We couldn't break them own then they broke and countered well. AVB had a shocker today, no denying that at all.

You guys know what the ironic but sad part of our poor performances is ....

It's that last season and many times before also, we were known as one of the best counter-attacking teams in the PL.

This season, nowadays, whenever we lose or seem to get pegged back ... it's almost always via the opponent's counter attacking. I mean, it's a pity that we now suck at defending something that once was our dominant strength.

:avbmad:

West Ham played well today, very little of the long ball nonsense. Allardyce outsmarted AVB simple as, he had his gameplan and it worked. We couldn't break them own then they broke and countered well. AVB had a shocker today, no denying that at all.

Not denying AVB set up all wrong. Sam didn't really play different from the usual 'defend, break, use set pieces well'

Listen everyone, Chelsea won the fucking Champions League playing like West Ham today beating the likes of Barca and Bayern whilst stumbling along in the league. Sometimes it happens. I've seen so many hilarious "such and such HAS TO START from now on" comments on here its unreal, just look all all the different opinions to tell you its not that simple.

Today West Ham gambled on being able to block us out and hit us with a set piece or a counter. If Defoe had scored one of his early chances they would never have got in the game (highly unlikely anyway) they didn't have any way of coming out of that ultra defensive anti-football at that point. We chased the game at 1-0 and got caught on the break, it happens.

For me, the lack of goalscoring chances is a bit of a worry and personally, I think Soldado will struggle for some time yet, I also think a lot of fans got carried away with our signings and results so far but we are only 3 points off the top, lets not act like its the end of the world just yet eh?

I saw the bright blue avatar and the expressive post and assumed that you were @ 1882 1882 ... never mind, you both seem to talk a lot of sense. Football is ultimately a game that is 50% luck and 50% skill, and I can only hope that today was the former.

I was 3 seats from the divide in B35... also saw the bloke with spit in his hair, he was the row in front of me... Disgusting behaviour. Onto the chants, I heard, from their side, 'Viva Lazio', four times. Fucking nasty. But the one that really fucking wound me up was: "He's coming for you, he's coming for you, we cant say his name, he's coming for you.".It was not sung by a small group of them, but several hundreds. Serious-fucking-ly, is that the kind of shit that these absolute tossers can get away with these days, simply because they don't use the Y word? (YIDS)? Are the authorities actually disempowered by the fact that the context is so much worse than the actual words?

The fucking tossers then proceeded to label us racists. For example, 'From the racist boys, no noise'. And pointing and chanting 'racist' at anyone who chanted anything with the word 'yid' in. I can't possibly describe how angry I was hearing this. I came so fucking close to launching myself at them. Thank fuck I didn't. I controlled myself, kicked the shit out of a( empty seat in front of me and then got some whisky for the journey down the High Road. Much more sensible.

I'm furious about the result, but more fucking furious about the way that the police and stewards stood there and allowed those tossers to hurl their abuse.

I must have seen you without knowing. Where are you in that picture? The spit was an absolute disgrace. The chants were the usual shit, same as last year but by less people and less frequently.

I must have seen you without knowing. Where are you in that picture? The spit was an absolute disgrace. The chants were the usual shit, same as last year but by less people and less frequently.
I wouldn't have expected you to recognise me don't worry, I'm no familiar face! Struggling to make out much in that picture. The bloke who got spat on was one in front and one to the left of me. Hardly anyone around me seemed to be interested in singing apart from the bloke to my right, who basically hurled playground abuse across the divide. Did you see the guy with the flag at HT, didn't say a word, just waved the flag, and got a word from the stewards for it?!

one thing that's baffling me is we're playing with inverted wingers but our 2 best inverted wingers aren't starting in Chadli and Lamela

ah well it was always going to be abit ropey this season with all the changes we made, hopefully this can act as a wake up call and we pick up the pace

I think it would have been the same whoever played today. We played to WH's advantage by playing inverted wingers. It meant that we had fuck all width and as they packed defence AND midfield centrally we had no room, passes were cut out and they got free possession. Normally with ten in defence you get it back soon enough but they kept their midfield in midfield mostly, putting us under pressure. True wingers would have forced their midfield and defence wider creating more space in the middle and would also have made us less predictable. This alone would have changed things dramatically, though it was not the only mistake today, but this one issue was clear as day and big fat Sam worked that out before the game even started.

all the people putting the players down will be fucking rubbing their bollocks in 2 weeks when we start winning, we had a bad day at the office, and this being tottenham hotspur when we have a bad day at the office we make it so that it's a london derby against a struggling teams, that's just tottenham, we've been in worse places, anyone remeber the raziak team? my god, now that was awful, getting a draw at fulham seemed to be a godsend in them days, every top team has had their share of embarrassing losses this year, let's not pull a woolwich and start shouting 'WENGER OUT, BOARD OUT' that's cunty and melty as fuck, this year's going to be tight, this hopefully tells the players to step it up and we'll 'hopefully' come out fighting against Villa! so would everyone stop having a meltdown and keep the faith holy shit, we surely should all be used to games like this? being spurs fans and all?

Never been a huge fan of the way AVB has had us playing, but held my tongue while results were going our way. But this is a total aberration and this squad deserves better direction.

I feel the same because we can only play one way. It's not bad exactly and sometimes you can win that way, it's just very limited and if the opposition nullify our tactics we don't seem to have a plan b. I also think we generally play too slowly. When we bought Holtby I thought we were going to transform that part of our game - quick one two passing...but so far, no.

Back
Top Bottom