Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alasdair Gold said that once Emerson and Davies are back, they’re 2 natural full backs, so it should allow Mason to play his favoured 4-3-2-1
If Davies is fit & playing as a LB, then Dier can look over his shoulder in terror as a pass flies beyond him & this time find an actual defender there.

That moment against ncastle when he looked in panic for the LCB and saw Perisic in the LWB position on the touchline was classic.

I get trying to play 3 in midfield, but the FBs then need to tuck in when we're defending. Oh, and not ball watch, immobile as traffic bollards.

Vorm was a very popular character in the dressing room, this doesn’t surprise me.

The players need a change of air and to just relax. They need to enjoy their work again. We all know top 4 has gone, we are basically in the grief counselling stage of our season. We need to do whatever we have to to do get them enjoying their football if we want to win games.
The players need to relax?! Hahaha.

No they fucking don't. That's the last thing they should be doing.

The players need to relax?! Hahaha.

No they fucking don't. That's the last thing they should be doing.

Nah, they do. The militaristic style of Mourinho and Conte is what has brought them to this point. They are all too nervous, terrified to make a mistake and don’t enjoy being on the grass. It’s obvious to anyone watching that the players don’t enjoy playing football, the pressure is too much. Conte was right about that.

These soft lads need an arm around the shoulder, relax and enjoy the game. Similar to what OGS did when he took over from Mourinho. Of course long term we need to completely rebuild the sporting culture of the club but right now the players need to let off steam. Just release the handbrake and let them play.

Of course a proper team shouldn’t need to treat their players like frightened children but that’s where we are. We don’t have a strong team.

Last edited:
This club is an absolute clown show now.
It really wouldn’t surprise me if we spent all summer fart arsing around trying to appoint a manager then end up giving Mason the job permanently.

Vorm was a very popular character in the dressing room, this doesn’t surprise me.

The players need a change of air and to just relax. They need to enjoy their work again. We all know top 4 has gone, we are basically in the grief counselling stage of our season. We need to do whatever we have to to do get them enjoying their football if we want to win games.
Tinky Winky Dance GIF by Teletubbies

We can’t because our centre backs don’t defend well enough in a pair. They need that extra cover of a third centre back which is actually embarrassing because one is a World Cup winner and the other an England international.
3-5-2 for me with Danjuma or deki in behind Kane and Richarlison. Let Richarlison run the channels and get behind Utd’s poor defence and Harry can drop into holes and get turned and release or wing backs or Danjuma or deki running from deep.
They don't defend well enough as a 3 either though...

Davies in at lb instead of Perisic, and a functioning midfield 3 ahead of them rather than 3 lads plonked on the pitch together for the first time with minimal instruction, and I'm sure we could cobble together a capable enough defensive unit (and by that I mean no worse in defence than the fucking useless 343).

Spot on

Back
Top Bottom