Director of Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the club is apparently moving forward with signing players like Dier and Lenglet

And also going through a manager job which sounds like they're looking into finalists

I can see how unappealing this situation is for a new DoF and why its taking so long

I always think of this when Birmingham gets mentioned..

That's fucking amazing.... It's like someone doctored it and replaced the visuals with something completely different.

"An over 40's disco competition...... It was incredible" :roflmao:

Kojak, motherfuckers!!!

So the club is apparently moving forward with signing players like Dier and Lenglet

And also going through a manager job which sounds like they're looking into finalists
Parataci has gone.
Presumably the people that reported into him are still doing their jobs. I would suspect that putting together a list of viable managerial candidates and prepping for the next transfer window falls under their purview.
I don’t think it makes sense to down tools until a DoF who won’t come in until the end of season at the earliest starts work.
More of Schrodinger’s Spurs fan: We’re not doing enough / we’re doing too much.

We can’t even sell first team players.

.........Yet not so long ago we got 9m pre-Neymar pounds for Alex Pritchard who'd amassed 12 senior mins in total.

Somewhere along the way the plot was lost. Even if Harry Kane's will be rare, we should be earning money out of our academy...... Around that same time we'd clocked up about 100m(*) in fees from him, Andros, Bentaleb, Carrol, Mason etc.

(*Again, pre-Neymar 2017; that's serious wedge.)

...........Sherwood is a proper bell-end, but between him & McDermott we had out shit together,

Last edited:
Great to see Villa look stupid.

Doesn’t make our chaos but if that’s a comfort to you, knock yourself out.

You're in 'cake and eat it' territory here given your former comments on the matter........The moral of the story is don't be too eager to shoot your load (as it was yesterday and as it is every time someone gets 'shook' when another club gets linked to a player).

....................The "only Spurs blunder/miss out/get gazzumped/bottle-it etc." narrative is oh so commonly wrong.

You're in 'cake and eat it' territory here given your former comments on the matter........The moral of the story is don't be too eager to shoot your load (as it was yesterday and as it is every time someone gets 'shook' when another club gets linked to a player).

....................The "only Spurs blunder/miss out/get gazzumped/bottle-it etc." narrative is oh so commonly wrong.
I really don’t think you understand many of the posts you think you do from me.

You assume they mean what you want them to mean because you have ready made answers for posts like that but really that’s never what I’m really saying.

I really don’t think you understand many of the posts you think you do from me.

You assume they mean what you want them to mean because you have ready made answers for posts like that but really that’s never what I’m really saying.

Not at all... I take them as I find them (seems to me we agree on some stuff as much as we disagree on other stuff, maybe you see the ratio different.)......

"The point is that Villa have been able to identify the guy they want, go to one of the biggest clubs in the world and take the guy they want.

Meanwhile, Levy has done fuck all about appointing a DOF and Villa being able to achieve that kills just about any excuse possible for the time it's taking."

I won't dissect it all over again; other than to say that without being behind the scenes you don't know how much has or hasn't been done towards getting a new DOF and the Villa thing coming undone (which you previously used to underpin said criticism) has been proven null.

If there is some vastly different interpretation I should have reached then my ears are open.

Not at all... I take them as I find them (seems to me we agree on some stuff as much as we disagree on other stuff, maybe you see the ratio different.)......

"The point is that Villa have been able to identify the guy they want, go to one of the biggest clubs in the world and take the guy they want.

Meanwhile, Levy has done fuck all about appointing a DOF and Villa being able to achieve that kills just about any excuse possible for the time it's taking."

I won't dissect it all over again; other than to say that without being behind the scenes you don't know how much has or hasn't been done towards getting a new DOF and the Villa thing coming undone (which you previously used to underpin said criticism) has been proven null.

If there is some vastly different interpretation I should have reached then my ears are open.
Villa thing coming undone is bad for them.

I don’t think it makes our system any less chaotic when we have known since January ar least that Paratici was on the hook.

It does mean Villa screwed up so that can’t underpin the criticism. It doesn’t make the criticism null.

Some people in Germany simply can't believe what Daniel Levy is trying to do at Spurs​

5 hours ago

Tim Steidten looks to be in the running to become Tottenham’s new Sporting Director, and some in Germany can not believe that he could be getting this job.

According to The Telegraph, the links between Steidten and Tottenham have been greeted with shock in Steidten’s home country, with many German sources stating that they can not believe he could get this job.

Indeed, it’s stated that the feeling around the German footballing community is that Steidten is much more suited to a Technical Director role rather than a Sporting Director role, working on administration rather than on-the-pitch issues.

As we know, Tottenham have just hired Scott Munn to take on a lot of the responsibilities you would usually associate with a Technical Director, and Steidten would be coming in as a like-for-like replacement for Fabio Paratici.

These noises from Germany seem to suggest that Steidten is not well-suited to this role, but when has that ever stopped Daniel Levy from making a decision at Tottenham before?

Of course, every great Sporting Director has to start somewhere, Ralf Rangnick was, for a long time, seen as the best around in that role, but he started as a manager, so perhaps there is room for Steidten to grow and become more comfortable in this role.

Hiring Steidten to take on a role that he has never done before would be a big gamble from Tottenham, but after such a poor period under Paratici that was meant to be a sure-fire success, perhaps Spurs are best off rolling the dice and doing something slightly different here.

Tottenham’s search for a new manager is grabbing all of the headlines at the moment, but their search for a new Sporting Director mustn’t be forgotten about either.

.........Yet not so long ago we got 9m pre-Neymar pounds for Alex Pritchard who'd amassed 12 senior mins in total.

Somewhere along the way the plot was lost; even if Harry Kane's will be rare.... We should be earning money out of our academy...... Around that same time we'd clocked up about 100m(*) in fees from him, Andros, Bentaleb, Carrol, Mason etc.

(*Again, pre-Neymar 2017; that's serious wedge.)

...........Sherwood is a proper bell-end, but between him & McDermott we had out shit together,

If we end up outside of the top 6 then we might start using more youngsters again.

It’s going to be an interesting 2-3 seasons I think.

Villa thing coming undone is bad for them.

I don’t think it makes our system any less chaotic when we have known since January ar least that Paratici was on the hook.

It does mean Villa screwed up so that can’t underpin the criticism. It doesn’t make the criticism null.

No; no more than it validates it when originally presented then.... (Like I said, can't have it both ways.)

So all that's left is an un-supported theory that we're doing "fuck all" to fill the recently vacated DOF post (when you'd previously used the Villa thing to ram home said feeling).... Even though y'day you were complaining that the visibility of our process was too much of a publicity show for your liking. If DanK is to be believed then seemingly things are happening behind the scenes? .......Or maybe his article is just winging it all along afterall? : P

(Your head yet? ........Mine does, which is why I try and let much of this shit brush off as possible and wait for the eventualities. )

I share in the frustration that our DOF is yet to be resolved....... I'm just not gonna seek external reasons to feed that level of frustration though (esp. as in instances such as this we know comparatively fuck all about how Villa operate and what goes on behind their 'scenes')..........

What I do know is that if we'd succumbed to what Villa just have; the outcry of rage would have been "only Spurs would have allowed such a thing to happen!!!" when in truth, we're just not as tuned into what happens at other clubs.

Back
Top Bottom