Manor Solomon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This again? Do you ever post anything other than needlessly shitting on other people's excitement?

For once in your life, stop subjecting us to your perpetual misery you boring tosser.

Fuck me you can’t even make a lighthearted comment about Whoscored being shit without the resident happy clappy enforcement gestapo popping up like a fucking hernia.

I generally think it’s an alright little pick up. Are you happy now? Have you enforced enough excitement today?

Not necessarily the same group of people. Not sure why we should be happy for ENIC to put a billion quid of debt on the club just to end up back where we were under Jol, though I understand the nostalgia for that era.

It's not a nostalgia thing for me and I don't see this as being back in the Jol era?

Also what would be so wrong with buying the next Gareth Bale, Kyle Walker and Luka Modric?

It's not a nostalgia thing for me and I don't see this as being back in the Jol era?

Also what would be so wrong with buying the next Gareth Bale, Kyle Walker and Luka Modric?
Well, it might be the best we can hope for under this ownership. I'm not against us trying to get back to what served us well up to the middle of Poch's reign but it feels like an admission that we aren't going to compete.

Well, it might be the best we can hope for under this ownership. I'm not against us trying to get back to what served us well up to the middle of Poch's reign but it feels like an admission that we aren't going to compete.

Weren't we competing at that time more than we have been since? I'm truly confused at what the issue is here?

We are going back to do things that worked for us in the past.

Anyone would think some fans aren't happy until there's something to moan about..
No one has said he's a world class player, no one has said he's our main target, no one has said we won't target any more players.. He was available on a free, what is the problem?

The same people moaning are the same people who want to be like Woolwich, who have just signed one of the worst strikers in prem history whilst paying £65m for him and giving him £330 A WEEK..
I guess you'd be happy if we did that.?

Nothing. If the players are built around to enable our club to win trophies. Like we used to.
However, all three you mention were sold at enormous profit at their peak as they could all see the glass ceiling imposed by Daniel Levy.
Tottenham Hotspur should be more than a player trading agency / feeder club.

Nothing. If the players are built around to enable our club to win trophies. Like we used to.
However, all three you mention were sold at enormous profit at their peak as they could all see the glass ceiling imposed by Daniel Levy.
Could also add Berbatov to that list.

I thought he looked impressive in Fulham highlights. Totally fine with him as a punt to replace Lucas. Assuming Kane is staying I'd rather spend big on defenders.
And that's what he is. A punt.
23 years and we're still cheaping out on punts while our rivals spend big and laugh at us.
This is why we no longer win anything other than financial plaudits and CEO of the year awards.

Carrick, too. Although he didn't try and force a move.
We just decided to cash in and take the profit
We don't seem to be doing it so much recently, ie not selling Kane to Manchester City 2 years ago,

edit - In hindsight we should have sold Dele Alli when he was playing well.

So just to confirm, any discussion we have about football is going to be about Levy=bad man making me sad?

Bale and Modric went to go play at Real Madrid - we were in a different phase of our timeline then than we are now and it was completely understandable that we sold them at their peak.

Kyle Walker I remember huge swathes of our fanbase were more than happy to sell at the time and that was the last sale we could be deemed as being a feeder club for.

And that's what he is. A punt.
23 years and we're still cheaping out on punts while our rivals spend big and laugh at us.
This is why we no longer win anything other than financial plaudits and CEO of the year awards.
But he'll be a squad player John......and a no risk, free squad player at that ..........🤷‍♂️ he'll be fine if we have a tight game and he comes on for maybe 15 mins.
All the top clubs have half decent squad players, why can't we?............He looked pretty good at Fulham i thought.....a lot of the time i agree with you, but not on this occasion.

We're the opposite of a feeder club, we have no clue when to sell players and hang on to them far too long.
We've hung onto average players too long but apart from Kane and Son we've sold too many of our so called star players over the last 2 decades or so.

We don't seem to be doing it so much recently, ie not selling Kane to Manchester City 2 years ago,

edit - In hindsight we should have sold Dele Alli when he was playing well.
Well, we should have broken up that 2017 team if that was our model. However, I note that Woolwich aren't selling Saka and Saliba but buying big name players to go with them.

Well, we should have broken up that 2017 team if that was our model. However, I note that Woolwich aren't selling Saka and Saliba but buying big name players to go with them.
That's what we should be doing, Maddison is a start but it's not enough. If we get Ven de Van and Tapsoba, that will be a good start. We need to keep that up in January too.

We have too many average players and not enough really good players.

No idea about how good this Solomon bloke is.

Fuck me you can’t even make a lighthearted comment about Whoscored being shit without the resident happy clappy enforcement gestapo popping up like a fucking hernia.

I generally think it’s an alright little pick up. Are you happy now? Have you enforced enough excitement today?
It's a strange phenomenon. The further we've fallen and after last seasons multiple humiliations, the more hardcore and virulent the self entitled forum vigilantes have become.
It's like a police state on here

police-beating.gif

Thank Heavens for the handful of remaining moderate voices adding some measured reason and balance to the place.

Back
Top Bottom