What owners would you prefer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What owners would you prefer ?

• Total voters
Following on from a, respectful, debate with Deuterz Deuterz .

Instead of having a binary choice, let's all have a wishing wand to say what type of owner we'd prefer.

I've tried to make the question as neutral as possible with no attempt to big up, or lay low, any potential candidates.

I'm fully on board with the sports washers. They are the only ones who will invest properly into the team. All the others will be looking at the balance sheet. I want to win some trophies and dont care how we do it. None of us are getting any younger.

(Did think about trolling some members on here and clicking ENIC though for a second!)

An ENIC-ish owner that still makes a lot of money, but put the following on top of everything else:
- repeated and continous football success (major trophies, regularly)
- strong focus on our identity and on what the great people from our past stood for
British/ non eastern europeans or North American. Japanese welcome too.

Last edited:
Cut n paste my comment from another thread just a moment ago:

Despite all the twattish tarring people with an ENIC-IN brush; I'd barely flinch if they left tomorrow (much like I didn't when we were linked with that Iraqi bloke); I just dont't wanna be turned into a petro-murder-ball sports-washing implement.

#2, #5 or #6 for me and (even though they're flawed) #1 until one of those comes along.

Last edited:
Cut n paste my comment from another thread just a moment ago:

Despite all the twattish tarring people with an ENIC-IN brush; I'd barely flinch if they left tomorrow (much like I didn't when we were linked with that Iraqi bloke); I just dont't wanna be turned into petro-murder-ball sports-washing implement.

#2 or #5 for me and (even though they're flawed) #1 until one of those comes along.
Don't forget to vote mate.
:adethumbup:

An owner whose priority is the team and the goal is to win things and not fleece everything and anyone in the process for their own gain.

I'm fully on board with the sports washers. They are the only ones who will invest properly into the team. All the others will be looking at the balance sheet. I want to win some trophies and dont care how we do it. None of us are getting any younger.

(Did think about trolling some members on here and clicking ENIC though for a second!)

Sportwashing should be banned but until it is I would choose one to take us over. Morally no billionaire is going to be perfect, obviously some are much worse than others (Saudis in particular), but at this stage I just want to see us win some things. If we won the league or champions league once I’d happy go back to 1 trophy in 23 years. Just like a little bit of glory.

Sportwashing should be banned but until it is I would choose one to take us over. Morally no billionaire is going to be perfect, obviously some are much worse than others (Saudis in particular), but at this stage I just want to see us win some things. If we won the league or champions league once I’d happy go back to 1 trophy in 23 years. Just like a little bit of glory.

Exactly. Who's to say the next billionaire not from the middle east wont be a tax dodging, market manipulating or insider trading bastard!?!?!

You have a magic wand to make your choice, but there can only be one owner.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

pressure-sweating.gif

And, finally, an honest post.

Option 2 sounds great but doesn’t work given the current financials. We’re the 5th or 6th highest revenue earners in the UK — 200m behind United and City and 100m behind Liverpool. To keep up, a ‘responsible owner’ would need to invest 1 -2 billion of his own money over a decade. That would be 4 billion over the time that ENIC have owned the club — for an asset currently worth closer to 2 billion. Yeah, there will (hopefully) be growth in the asset over that time period but many think the explosion of EPL revenue might be over. So, that won’t happen.

So, what are you going to get from option 2?
Hopefully, a good cycle (like we got with ENIC from 2009-2017) where we can pick up a cup (if we’re lucky).
Option 2 is Aston Villa with a slightly higher base and they’ve won (and probably will win) nothing. At peak, it’s Woolwich (an FA Cup if you’re lucky).

If you want to be perennial winners ( or even contending annually) against that kind of revenue differential then you’ve got to go with oligarchs and pretend that head-chopping is the equivalent to insider trading unless you can convince Billy Gates (or Zucks) to give up all that boring philanthropy stuff and give their billions to Tottenham. Don’t bother with Zucks — I’ve already tried and there was nothing doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom