What owners would you prefer ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What owners would you prefer ?

• Total voters
I have got to the point where I don't care who owns us, I just want to see attacking, winning football. I know I should not be a 'sell-out' and keep hold of my moral compass. but I am fed up with having to go back 30 years to remember what that was like.

Following on from a, respectful, debate with Deuterz Deuterz .

Instead of having a binary choice, let's all have a wishing wand to say what type of owner we'd prefer.

I've tried to make the question as neutral as possible with no attempt to big up, or lay low, any potential candidates.

I think that whoever it is, they should be well-dressed.

A discrete Ralph or Lacoste polo is fine. Fred Perry too if you're going British, but this?

No. No! NO!!!

640px-Daniel_Levy.jpg

I'm fully on board with the sports washers. They are the only ones who will invest properly into the team. All the others will be looking at the balance sheet. I want to win some trophies and dont care how we do it. None of us are getting any younger.

(Did think about trolling some members on here and clicking ENIC though for a second!)

My issue with ENIC in recent years hasn’t been lack of spend, we’ve just been godawful at spending it wisely.

Would be more than happy to be taken over by owners who equally don’t investment any of their own funds, but are actually competent on the football side of things.

3 should be oil /gas state or mad/corrupt/scummy billionaire. Then I'd vote for that. Either that or accept that we are the good guys and will never win anything again.

TBH nobody else gives a shit anymore about FFP, etc. so I don't either.

I think that whoever it is, they should be well-dressed.

A discrete Ralph or Lacoste polo is fine. Fred Perry too if you're going British, but this?

No. No! NO!!!

640px-Daniel_Levy.jpg

That's an old pic tbf.... I don't think he's even taken his suit off since around 2007....... And long gone is the playful exterior of the sunglasses accessorising.

I agree , It’s not rocket science , the two biggest clubs in the country are the two most historically successful . Chelsea and City have grown massively in recent years . Football success has driven that growth not Go Karting or Wall Climbing or NFL games .
So the solution is just to get football success?

Or could it be that Chelsea and City both have something else in common? What could that be… HMMMMMMMMMM

Oh yes they’re both cheating, sports-washing cunts.

I have got to the point where I don't care who owns us, I just want to see attacking, winning football. I know I should not be a 'sell-out' and keep hold of my moral compass. but I am fed up with having to go back 30 years to remember what that was like.

Nah, it's entirely valid. Pretty soon the whole league will be owned by sportswashers or playboys to some extent. The sport has completely sold its soul (world cups in qatar, stars going to Saudi) and even the ones not directly owned are almost always financed by these people on some level.

There's no morality in the game. Celebrating our moral values because we're owned by insider traders instead is so false. Yeah they're 'better' but they aren't good people and they'd happily take Saudi funds without blinking an eye.

Just accepting football for what it is & saying that if the game's gone we may as well have some fun too and not be miserable is entirely fair.

Cut n paste my comment from another thread just a moment ago:

Despite all the twattish tarring people with an ENIC-IN brush; I'd barely flinch if they left tomorrow (much like I didn't when we were linked with that Iraqi bloke); I just dont't wanna be turned into a petro-murder-ball sports-washing implement.

#2, #5 or #6 for me and (even though they're flawed) #1 until one of those comes along.

Last edited:
Sportwashing should be banned but until it is I would choose one to take us over. Morally no billionaire is going to be perfect, obviously some are much worse than others (Saudis in particular), but at this stage I just want to see us win some things. If we won the league or champions league once I’d happy go back to 1 trophy in 23 years. Just like a little bit of glory.

Exactly. Who's to say the next billionaire not from the middle east wont be a tax dodging, market manipulating or insider trading bastard!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom