Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ll take the point. Bissouma, Udogie, Madders all big positives. VDV pretty decent too. Would have liked to see Solomon have at least 15 mins.

Not playing so negative is a big breath of fresh air. Would rather we lose trying than lose sitting back.

I think we've finally replaced Dembele in Bissouma, what a performance from him. My new favourite Spurs player!

Much much better in the 2nd half, just need to bring in 2/3 new players and I will be optimistic for this new season.

Good result in difficult circumstances, Brentford fans are cunts.

Right midfield is sorted another centre half and a STRIKER………okay you’ve 80million gathering dust MR Levy get it spent and NOT on a fat sulky Belgian

Decent performance . Nothing ground breaking but definitely better than how we ended last season. Need to upgrade on Richarlison, Kulu and Skipp. Maybe start with Perisic, Porro and Sarr and stick Son up front.

Richarlison has a really annoying habit of shooting when the ball is clearly going to be blocked by the defender. Does it all the time, gets very frustrating.

I am still hoping he just needs a confidence boost, but am getting a sinking feeling...

Very good, positive start.

Two goals without Kane, good play, and a couple of more signings to come in.

Bentacur will make a huge difference to our midfield.

Very early days but loads of posutives for Ange to take from the game.

Not an easy place to go but a bit disappointed with that second half.

For all the talk of Ange's rock and roll, all out attack football, we looked content just knocking the ball around quite casually. Never really tried to win that.

I think the key issues to resolve before the window closes are:
- 1 or 2 CB upgrades. Sanchez wasn't a disaster but I reckon we win that game with Romero on. We simply need better rotation options than we currently have
- Anything good we do comes through Maddison and right now we don't have a real alternative if he's out. We can't bank on Gio. This is why the Eze links make sense to me. We are really fucked without Maddison in our current setup
- We need another forward. Ange is currently working with square pegs in round holes. I'm not convinced Son and Kulu will cut it.

I'm happy with that, better to watch, we dominated possession, looked like a team ( with 4 debutants aint easy )
begrudgingly agree with the score.
now the negatives... richy has to do more, more movement and less sulking
Sonny needs to go past a player and stop picking the easy option.
side note Biss was the best player on the pitch by far and happy with Udogie
But work needs to be done with the defence which hopefully will come with games.

I think we've finally replaced Dembele in Bissouma, what a performance from him. My new favourite Spurs player!

Much much better in the 2nd half, just need to bring in 2/3 new players and I will be optimistic for this new season.

Good result in difficult circumstances, Brentford fans are cunts.

Sorry you're not allowed to be positive, wet wipe/loser mentality only please.

Back
Top Bottom