Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son in 75 minutes (well more like 86' if we're couting the extra time) had 2 crosses (0 accurate), and 2 dribble attempts (1 successful). 0.05 expected assists.

Perisic in 15 minutes had 3 crosses (1 accurate), and 3 dribble attempts (3 successful). 0.16 expected assists.

It's clear who deserves to start, it's clear who deserved to start since pre-season, but we know who will start next match, same as last season.

Why is that? We were in total control and we needed an injection of pace and someone who’d hit from outside the box. Royal was poor defensively today as you saw with the second goal. He needs to get himself in a position where the wide player has to beat him. All he had to do was drop 5 yards as the free kick is being taking and it changes the whole situation.

Porro would have done worse than Emerson. Poor lad has no clue what to do on defense.

As opposed to Andora, San Marino, and Albania in England’s group? Fuck, what heavyweights!
Yes they play against some crap teams in Europe but on the same note European national teams play better opponents more regularly with Nationals League, Euros, etc.

I would argue that European national teams get way many more competitive games than teams in South America per year. I think that is not even debatable imo.

Other than Argentina, Brazil really don’t play anyone of note (Uruguay are crap recently).

I don’t agree with this. We were a lot better.

Our problem defensively was that they got behind us quite a bit and our midfielders weren’t quick enough to provide support.

The penalty was absolute BS.

Our two goals were absolutely earned. A goal from a set piece is not luck. Emerson’s goal was not a worldie.

Ok. The xG if you take away the penalty was pretty much identical, in fact they edge it. They created the best open play chance of the game (a missed open goal!!!) and had several other half-chances, same as us.

We dominated possession because that's how we play. And yes, Emerson's goal is a worldie. He doesn't score from 0.03 xG on a regular basis.

The penalty is soft but pretty much by the rules these days, the ankle is caught and that makes it a penalty.

It was a close game, we weren't a "Lot better" by any stretch, this is emotion/tribalism clouding reality completely.

Ange Postecoglou on substituting Cristian Romero

"I thought it was quite evident, he hurt his head. We're in an era where we know about these things so I'm not a doctor and anytime that happens I think it's really important that we protect the players.

"They don't know themselves what's going on and I had medical advice.

The disappointing thing for me was that we filled in the wrong from for a concussion substitute so in this day and age when we are talking about player care, a piece of paper is not important. No hesitation in taking him off, obviously the player wants to continue but he's not the one who makes that decision."

Likely story...wrong form means Romero doesn't get benched for 7 days...

One thing is for sure. VdV will play every minute this season as long as he isn't injured.
Yup, good to see him have a solid debut. Unlucky on their second goal. Reminded me very much of Vertonghen in his playing style so hopefully he will settle in well

Would of been easier of course if we had signed him for pre-season, but its the same shit with Levy every year, so nothing new

Our problem was in the wide areas today.

Richy did what was asked of him. Thought he did well with a man constantly on him, sometimes two.
Richy was woeful

His first touch and shooting were awful today.

He had two chances today that should have been buried, the first shot was hit straight at a Brentford player and the second shot also hit a Brentford player as well .....but thank God it did as it was headed for the corner flag.

If we don't get another striker in this season, were going to have an awfully hard time scoring.

3-0 brentford. Think we’ll get blown away with that atrocious defence and toothless up top.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Studios 2016

Back
Top Bottom