Newcastle United at Home 10.11.13 @ 12:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is everyone still mad?

Realistically, we're still in a good position with a developing team and young manager. Yesterday was just far too spursy. Top 4 here we come!

a_560x0.jpg

He was a huge, big fat slug
Out of interest - what did he do wrong all game?

I don't think we can expect Lloris-like performances from a 42-year old who's hardly had a game in 12 months.

For what it's worth - thought he did quite al-right, imv

Last edited:
Is everyone still mad?

Realistically, we're still in a good position with a developing team and young manager. Yesterday was just far too spursy. Top 4 here we come!

a_560x0.jpg

I do share this. Just so fucking annoying how we on Saturday I was expecting to gain 2 points on them Chelsea cunts but no, we go and lose 1-0 to a team who will pretty much enjoy a season of mid table obscurity. White Hart Lane used to be a fortress. No more.

Sad and embarrassing. I feel everybody is hitting the right note with the problem. It's the team rotation , the team not being settled. Years ago (young people) you would play your best team (starting 11), every game, week in, week out. Either your fit or not. Why is Sandro not the first name on the sheet?
Newcastle Utd reflect all that is bad in english football. Players with limited ability but with strength and bollocks.
There is no style in English football- what is English football?

There is some negativity surrounding the result, which is completely justifiable, as we should beat Newcastle at home, its plain and simple.

But in terms of the performance and how the match panned out, i have no reason to be negative. Apart from a sloppy start, we absolutely dominated them, and had numerous clear cut chances. If Paulinho wins that 50/50 we stroll to victory, its as simple as that. Fine margins

But in terms of the performance and how the match panned out, i have no reason to be negative. Apart from a sloppy start, we absolutely dominated them, and had numerous clear cut chances. If Paulinho wins that 50/50 we stroll to victory, its as simple as that. Fine margins

We stroll to victory?Based on what exactly?

We had loads of possession whoop de doo, our best "attempt" came via a huge deflection.

I also think we have a big problem with Soldado. I am sure (and hope) he will come good once he gets used to the PL, but that could take months/all season. Unfortunately, with today's demands for CL footie, we do not have time for our main striker to score the odd penalty.

I also agree with MrS. How is Sandro not playing every PL game?? I think the main problem is AVB does not know his best team. Well Mr AVB......its about fucking time you found out. And fast.

We stroll to victory?Based on what exactly?

We had loads of possession whoop de doo, our best "attempt" came via a huge deflection.
PS - i couldnt care less about possession, im not a football hipster, i care that Tim Krul made the most amount of saves in a single game since 2006, He obviously had a rocking blowjob on saturday night. Any other day, and we win that game.

I just watched the MOTD highlights and I feel much better than immediately after the game yesterday. It's frustrating, but we were just unlucky - we'll start destroying a few teams soon.
Just did that too.
Thinking with a much clearer and cooler head ... I think we may indeed have been a tad unlucky.
And it also made me feel better too; thanks bud.
Oh well, upwards and onwards!

Btw, just in case it might cheer someone up also, here's the motd highlights:

Last edited:
Just did that too.
Thinking with a much clearer and cooler head ... I think we may indeed have been a tad unlucky.
And it also made me feel better too; thanks bud.
Oh well, upwards and onwards!

We were incredibly unlucky. We defended poorly for 15 minutes, Paulinho wimped out of a 50/50 which cost us a goal, and it was an outrageous goalkeeping performance for the rest of the game, i have no qualms with how we performed, in fact i was happier with that performance than some of the 1-0 wins we have picked up this year

The fact that a GK having the GAME OF HIS LIFE against us seems to be a regular occurence (well, at least TWICE a season for the past 4 or 5) would suggest to me, that like an opposing Striker who hasn't scored in months, suddenly finds his shooting boots against us, (or an entire TEAM as in West Ham's case a few weeks back) ....there is STILL the problem that needs to be addressed, of the Tottenham Charity Bandwagon handing out 'pick-me-ups' to any player/club down on their luck... we've done it so often, you wonder why we're as high in the league as we are.

...it's also, I guess connected to the fact we rarely give anyone a real damn good thrashing, when other 'Big' teams go 1/2-0 up, the 3,4 and sometime 5,6,7 goals that follow make you feel sorry for the team on the receiving end. We tend to go easy on teams when we have the opportunity to really stamp on authority on a game...

Yesterday doesn't really count to the second theory, as Krul was too busy making worldies, for us to see if we'd have added to even ONE goal we should've got!

We're just TOO nice!

Back
Top Bottom