Newcastle United at Home 10.11.13 @ 12:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen's corners yesterday were top-notch Spursy - he couldn't even clear the first man!

At that point, I realised he is well and truly 'our' player now

After about the 20th shit corner, I was hoping Dawson would have pulled Eriksen to one side and said "look mate. This corner thing isn't working for you today. In fact, my mum could take better corners and she only has one leg. You get in the box and let someone else give it a go".

After about the 20th shit corner, I was hoping Dawson would have pulled Eriksen to one side and said "look mate. This corner thing isn't working for you today. In fact, my mum could take better corners and she only has one leg. You get in the box and let someone else give it a go".
He could have said 'my mum works on corners every night'

i thank you

Yesterday was, sadly, the first time I really felt my patience wearing thin....with the players, management...the crowd. It took under three minutes for some prick to call Soldado a "fucking cunt" and then someone else a further three minutes to tell Walker he is the same.

The first half was awful.

The second half slightly less but half the saves Krul made he shouldn't have had the chance to.

Townsend can either play on the left next match or be dropped to the bench. AVB's insistence that he plays on the right, and only the right is, I think, the most significant handicap to our team. Sigurdsson was on the left on the team sheet but seldom there on the pitch and I can't justify it.

11 games is enough time to realise that all is not quite right with his formation, or at the very least, read this forum to see that inverted wingers aren't the be all and end all.

Oh. and Sandro, unless dying, plays every single minute of every match we ever play again.

Spot on. Eriksen and Paulinho's shots were right at him. Aim for the corners you cunts.

After Lamelas performance against Sheriff he should have started yesterday. I understand the Europa/cup/league rotation of the squad but for him to just find his feet and then be benched for 90 minutes cannot help his mindset at all.

Whether he would have made the difference or not is moot. If we can keep playing Soldado without him really finding his feet then surely the £5million more expensive player should also be given the same opportunities.

I'm not totally gutted after yesterday, mostly as we played some of the best football I've seen us play all season. I think it was just one of those days, Krul also was unbelievable to watch.

Having the scum lose to a Van Pursie goal definitely helped.
:adelol:

Spot on. Eriksen and Paulinho's shots were right at him. Aim for the corners you cunts.
Eriksen's miss made me feel ill
After Lamelas performance against Sheriff he should have started yesterday. I understand the Europa/cup/league rotation of the squad but for him to just find his feet and then be benched for 90 minutes cannot help his mindset at all.

Whether he would have made the difference or not is moot. If we can keep playing Soldado without him really finding his feet then surely the £5million more expensive player should also be given the same opportunities.

I'm not totally gutted after yesterday, mostly as we played some of the best football I've seen us play all season. I think it was just one of those days, Krul also was unbelievable to watch.

Having the scum lose to a Van Pursie goal definitely helped.
:adelol:

I think Lamela would have come on if AVB wasnt forced into bringing Kaboul on at half time and using a sub up.

Townsend also tried towards the end - similar results

My simple thoughts:

• 1st half awful
  • Pauline and Dembélé no good together - or could be if they didn't play in the same plane
  • 2nd half very unlucky
  • I don't agree with those who say the finishing was poor because the shots were AT Krul. Even if they were, that is unlucky in itself. It only takes a tiny change in the way you hit the ball for it to go a yard either side. The fact is, Krul played a blinder
  • Sandro for Dembélé was a no-brainer and it changed the game
  • Also, Walker was obviously told at half time that he's allowed to venture over the half-way line. That added much-needed width. Watching him and Townsend link up was very enjoyable
  • The left-hand side, in comparison, was very poor. It meant that Newcastle could afford to double up on Townsend because there was no threat from the left
  • The injury to Chiriches had two bad effects - 1. Losing him when he'd played really well. 2. It meant AVB only had one more sub to use
  • The sub he did use was a poor decision. We were bossing it after half time before switching to 4-4-2. I just can't see the logic of taking off a midfielder, thereby limiting our creativity and chances of linking up with the striker, and replacing him with another striker who didn't get any service because there were even fewer midfielders to provide it. It should have been Lamela or Lennon
Good to see some ambition in the second half. We could easily be sitting here praising a 3-1 win.

But we're not.

Does 'Audere Est Facere' translate as 'tried hard, failed miserably'? ;-)
Sunday games are an abomination & i am going to try & avoid them for the rest of the season.
Booked Palace this morning which is currently a Sat although i am sure as usual it will get moved at the last min. Hopefully we will get a home tie in the FA Cup 3rd round (4th Jan) & we can make it 1882.

Does 'Audere Est Facere' translate as 'tried hard, failed miserably'? ;-)
Sunday games are an abomination & i am going to try & avoid them for the rest of the season.
Booked Palace this morning which is currently a Sat although i am sure as usual it will get moved at the last min. Hopefully we will get a home tie in the FA Cup 3rd round (4th Jan) & we can make it 1882.
There's no Europa League the Thursday before Palace, so here's hoping!

Back
Top Bottom