Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly I'm not against getting rid of it now. And yes I know the actual technology isn't the problem (no shit), but the people running it aren't getting the decisions right anyway so I just don't see the point in having it anymore.

It slows the game down and doesn't even get the correct decisions anyway. Also the officials taking too long to wave the flag when the play should be over is annoying.

I'd rather have human errors in the game than this shit.

All it has done is make bad decisions more annoying because everyone knows they have time to slow it down and analyse it first.

The shit decisions still happens. The controversial ones still happen. Where’s the improvement?

All the negatives of var without any of the on paper positives.

It’s not the tech, it’s not VAR, it’s the fucking idiots in charge. They have to get better referees. Humans have to be better.

Or....just go back to refs being humans who make mistakes. It was always part of the game's charm for me.

Trying to perfect something where it's blatantly obvious that it can't be done.

Fans just need to accept that referees will make mistakes and be inconsistent, whether they have VAR or not. Just accept it.

The mistake today was dreadful and the bloke will no doubt be sacked like Lee Mason was, but it will keep on happening. VAR didn’t make our referees into robots.

Honestly I'm not against getting rid of it now. And yes I know the actual technology isn't the problem (no shit), but the people running it aren't getting the decisions right anyway so I just don't see the point in having it anymore.

It slows the game down and doesn't even get the correct decisions anyway. Also the officials taking too long to wave the flag when the play should be over is annoying.

I'd rather have human errors in the game than this shit.
Getting rid of it would lead to so many bad calls. One bad call like today is better than 4 yard offsides goals standing like it used to be.

They need to fix offsides with a better system than the stupid manual line drawing and also the stupid clear and obvious error bullshit because what’s clear and obvious is subjective.

If the var thinks something is a foul, send the ref over and give him another look to accept or reject. Don’t just make up some imaginary line of how significant the error is and then only decide to intervene if it passes this imaginary line.

Getting rid of it would lead to so many bad calls. One bad call like today is better than 4 yard offsides goals standing like it used to be.

They need to fix offsides with a better system than the stupid manual line drawing and also the stupid clear and obvious error bullshit because what’s clear and obvious is subjective.

If the var thinks something is a foul, send the ref over and give him another look to accept or reject. Don’t just make up some imaginary line of how significant the error is and then only decide to intervene if it passes this imaginary line.
They aren't going to fix it, thats why I want it gone. I don't care if it gets some decisions right, it's a net negative overall.

Not given today because VAR thought it was a goal on the field.....

I'll say it again we NEED a challenge system for VAR. 2 a game you get to use it to check one thing thats it keep the challenge if your correct.

So many errors are made because it's checking everything all the time

Reduce the work load less errors simples

So sounds like the VAR refs aren't watching the game unless they need to get involved!

Seriously thought a goal had been given which is why the check was so quick - they thought they were checking that the goal could be given!

Lol lovely stuff!

VAR isn't the problem.

English refereeing is.

The process seems to work just fine in France and Germany.
People like to say this all the time and I don't know why.

Everyone knows that the actual technology isn't the reason why bad decisions are made. Obviously it's the people running it. But they aren't getting any better so all it does is slow the game down for no reason while still getting the calls wrong.

Everyone knows that the actual technology isn't the reason why bad decisions are made. Obviously it's the people running it. But they aren't getting any better so all it does is slow the game down for no reason while still getting the calls wrong.
It’s both

Technology is average and usage is poor

It’s amazing that it was just lumped in without any extended proof of concept, or discovery phase in the lower leagues. There’s little to no continuous improvement process either, it’s an absolute shambles - very surprised a big Tech company haven’t provided a high profile investment to improve it

There has to be a better technology for offsides than some bloke with a crayola taking four mins to draw wiggly lines on a grainy image? Surely they can put microchip sensors on a players boot or something and connect it all up like goaline tech so it’s instant, objective and conclusive

Not given today because VAR thought it was a goal on the field.....

I'll say it again we NEED a challenge system for VAR. 2 a game you get to use it to check one thing thats it keep the challenge if your correct.

So many errors are made because it's checking everything all the time

Reduce the work load less errors simples

Wow what a fuck up. They must not watch the games in the booth then as he would be thinking why is the GK taking a goal kick and got on the mic to the referee.

I’m going to sound like a massive Matthew Le Tissier here, but maybe those in charge love the controversy, for marketing purposes. It sells. We know how much they love a narrative in this country. We don’t see this problem in nearly every other top football competition.

World Cup?
Euros?
CL?
Europa?
Conference?

The prem clubs also voted against semi-automatic offside technology…

Austin Powers No GIF

Back
Top Bottom