Big case tomorrow, regarding FIFA/UEFA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/imiasanmia/status/1737424972165898414?s=46&t=fbqxNuG9CT4qTaiJx8mBjg

Great thread on Rumnenige interview about this.

Says it’s all Real and Barca trying to kill the Premier League because they have killed La Liga already

Super league is dead according to him because nobody will join it

That's a good interview and one I agree with.

Fans showed their collective disdain for it when we and others signed up for it. What was particularly brilliant about the protests was that "us" PL-going fans rarely protest about anything (lots of virgins on Twitter always moaning about everything are a genuine minority as is shown when it comes to actually mobilising - just look at our own Purple & Gold virgins at the height of their noise it translated to about 40 people at most standing outside the stadium) but the anti-Super League was a real statement and showed a unity across all Clubs hating the concept.

A22 Sports, which has been pushing for this is basically Madrid, Barca, and Juve Clubs PR mouthpiece pushing for a closed shop as it's their only way to compete with the PL. I think the PL is just too strong now (this might be an arrogant position to take) but if Juve, Madrid & Barca broke away to form a Super League it would be without the PL and Bundesliga Clubs, so got to ask does that make it attractive? I'd say no it absolutely doesn't.

I am 100% against the formation of a Super League BUT I also think this is the right decision, a fair decision, as it's absolutely wrong and dangerous that UEFA can hold a monopoly on Football. They should feel the threat of a breakaway and listen to what fans want (which is overwhelmingly a non-closed shop league for the old declining mega Clubs that are granted access to a legaue based on what they achieved historically) and therefore provide fans what they want, to have a better product than a Super Legaue.

BTW - Do the big 6 get their money back that they were all fined for attempting to break away?

Last edited:
Quite, my point still stands though.

I think if you are Levy you have no incentive to being a driving member. If they get 12 giants on board then you make a decision then. The club makes money and with NFL and the stadium, you know you have a business they will want to franchise in so you can always join later if it’s a no brainer for the future of the club.

If you drive it, you will lose your fan base

I think if you are Levy you have no incentive to being a driving member. If they get 12 giants on board then you make a decision then. The club makes money and with NFL and the stadium, you know you have a business they will want to franchise in so you can always join later if it’s a no brainer for the future of the club.

If you drive it, you will lose your fan base

You do not know our chairman clearly and you do not know our fans.

I don't think so. One thing is completely clear and that's the fans absolutely don't want it, most importantly it's the fans of the big 6 don't want it (and those fans of Bundesliga). I haven't got the steer on what Serie A and La Liga fans feel, I suspect there might be quite a few of them as they can see their leagues/clubs falling behind the PL????

I don't think so. One thing is completely clear and that's the fans absolutely don't want it, most importantly it's the fans of the big 6 don't want it (and those fans of Bundesliga). I haven't got the steer on what Serie A and La Liga fans feel, I suspect there might be quite a few of them as they can see their leagues/clubs falling behind the PL????
Inter fans are opposed to it. Milan fans are a bit more split. Juve fans love the idea of it, alongside Barca and Real Madrid. No idea about Atleti fans.

Real Madrid fans aggressively want it because they feel like they are bigger than La liga and probably even the Champions League.

In reality, nobody else in football really needs Real Madrid or Barca. the Galacticos was a bygone era, the Premier League is this era and even in Spain the Premier League is massively popular.

Our fans that protested last time and protested ticket prices?

The purple and gold got almost zero traction but on super league Levy would need to be very careful.

Our fans 'protested' because they were bored at home during Covid and fancied a day out with their mates, this fanbase is incredibly passive, we know that already.

Our fans 'protested' because they were bored at home during Covid and fancied a day out with their mates, this fanbase is incredibly passive, we know that already.

They protested. They protested again for ticket prices and COVID was over.

Levy has a legacy now with this club and I think that matters more to him than you give him credit for. Willing to bet with you that we won't see Levy driving a Super League this time. Not saying he wouldn't join it, because as you say, if it's best for the business of the club he absolutely will.

They protested. They protested again for ticket prices and COVID was over.

Levy has a legacy now with this club and I think that matters more to him than you give him credit for. Willing to bet with you that we won't see Levy driving a Super League this time. Not saying he wouldn't join it, because as you say, if it's best for the business of the club he absolutely will.

'Protest'

TALKSPORT-Spurs-Protest.jpg

skysports-tottenham-protest_5382359.jpg

That's about 100 people lol

But anyway you agreed with what I'm saying, didn't say he'd drive it but he'd definitely join it, if the conditions of the ESL were the same as last time which meant leaving the PL in the wilderness and having a club that guarantees revenue then he'd put as straight back in.

'Protest'

TALKSPORT-Spurs-Protest.jpg

skysports-tottenham-protest_5382359.jpg

That's about 100 people lol

But anyway you agreed with what I'm saying, didn't say he'd drive it but he'd definitely join it, if the conditions of the ESL were the same as last time which meant leaving the PL in the wilderness and having a club that guarantees revenue then he'd put as straight back in.

And his reasons to not join it would be the exact same as the reason he pulled out last time, which wasn't fucking UEFA, it was customers.

Ha, you really think that?

He pulled out because the project didn't get off the ground, nothing to do with fans.

All the clubs pulled out because it didn't get off the ground and that was mainly because of fans and not being able to secure all the biggest clubs. They couldn't get the biggest clubs because of their fans.

The ground has moved since and it looks even more difficult now than ever. Premier League clubs are losing almost any incentive other than to negotiate better terms from UEFA.,

All the clubs pulled out because it didn't get off the ground and that was mainly because of fans and not being able to secure all the biggest clubs. They couldn't get the biggest clubs because of their fans.

The ground has moved since and it looks even more difficult now than ever. Premier League clubs are losing almost any incentive other than to negotiate better terms from UEFA.,

Huh?

They literally got their 12 clubs to initially sign up up to the project...they got who they wanted.

I'm not sure if it happens now, PL clubs don't need anyway, it's Real/Barca and Juve who are pushing it.

Huh?

They literally got their 12 clubs to initially sign up up to the project...they got who they wanted.

I'm not sure if it happens now, PL clubs don't need anyway, it's Real/Barca and Juve who are pushing it.

They didn't get PSG, Bayern were never fully on board. Not even sure City ever fully committed either.

Then they got the backlash from fans and clubs started dropping like flys

Either way, no fans = no party. Right now this is just about leverage with UEFA. Unless something drastic changes.

They didn't get PSG, Bayern were never fully on board. Not even sure City ever fully committed either.

Then they got the backlash from fans and clubs started dropping like flys

Either way, no fans = no party. Right now this is just about leverage with UEFA. Unless something drastic changes.

That's not why they pulled out though, they already knew that those clubs hadn't signed up before they announced it.

It was though a poorly thought out project in the end and it received a load of backlash from everyone but those clubs do not care about the fans, otherwise they would not have singed up in the first place, it was always about money hence why UEFA have done their best to placate the legacy clubs with this new CL format.

Back
Top Bottom