Big case tomorrow, regarding FIFA/UEFA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bro I'm not just talking about this particular competition,UEFA bought in FFP, it's just a fancy way of making sure the elite clubs are protected and the smaller clubs can't catch them up.

At the end of the day both orgs are as bad as the other one, they are out to protect ct the elites either way.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that UEFA's model wasn't perfect but it was better than this in my first post that you replied to.

No Bin dippers?

They were quick enough with their statements after a single wrong call...

No Woolwich statement yet either.

FSG, Kronke & The Glaziers were evidently front and center from the UK contingent last time around.......

Hopefully another legal action where FIFA (and UEFA) powers to increase the size of, schedule additional competitions, and schedule competitions in middle of existing competitions (eg Afcon) which in turn is going to lead to players being forced to be over played.

In this the powers of FIFA to mandate clubs to release players need to be challenged, as well as the national sides 'borrowing the players' only play wages - not a commercial 'rent' to compensate clubs for transfer fees paid and are not liable for the cost of injuries on international duty or indeed any consequential costs.

As an example, if a player is injured during AFCON, clubs are left with an injured player and if the injury is detected close to the end of a transfer window or outside a transfer window, the clubs are unable to sign alternative players (= integrity of PL competition is undermined etc) - all totally avoidable except for the insanity of FIFA scheduling of competitions. And of course that FIFA invent more competitions to fill the year to make more money - yet to date the evidence is FIFA gets rid of too much money from existing competitions through corruption and 'dodgy deals' of one sort or another.

Back
Top Bottom