Big case tomorrow, regarding FIFA/UEFA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone heard about this, i hadn't
European Court of Justice decision ‘bigger than Bosman’ and could change the face of football
The European Court of Justice stands to rule on whether Uefa and Fifa are monopolies to be broken up in a landmark case which will have repercussions across the game.

European Court of Justice decision ‘bigger than Bosman’ and could change the face of football
The European Court of Justice stands to rule on whether Uefa and Fifa are monopolies to be broken up in a landmark case which will have repercussions across the game.

Could be a couple of cases on the roles of fifa/uefa - PL just brought a case as fifa are putting together a new competition for clubs which would last 5 or 6 weeks over the summer meaning :
- effectively no pre-season for clubs
- players exhausted (and therefore more likely to pick up injuries = huge health and safety issues) before PL starts
- PL would need to start a month later but end at same time = much more congested season
etc

IMO FIFA and uefa need to be broken up :
a) A new regulatory body
b) FIFA/uefa ability to take up weeks needs to be restricted - they are living off the clubs who invest to develop players etc - fifa/uefa only pay player wages when called up for internationals not any part of investment made to develop players. Parasites
c) Need to be overseen - the level of corruption is well know. The level of executive pay and perks crazy. The way the 'elections' work that fifa/uefa bribe a number of countries/regional associations to vote in the existing uefa/fifa management on new 5 year contracts = self perpetuated 'pigs in troughs' No real oversight on where massive profits go
etc

Think the superleague are waiting on this. Those who still want it to go forward

Fuck that criminal Infantino, he'd sell his own mother for extra bucks. Cunt has no shame, no limit...all about money, money, money. Look how he sold his soul to Qatar, Saudis. That mug makes choir boys out of Blatter & Platini.

Could be a couple of cases on the roles of fifa/uefa - PL just brought a case as fifa are putting together a new competition for clubs which would last 5 or 6 weeks over the summer meaning :
- effectively no pre-season for clubs
- players exhausted (and therefore more likely to pick up injuries = huge health and safety issues) before PL starts
- PL would need to start a month later but end at same time = much more congested season
etc
Hmm. I wonder where it will be located?

GUTOXTG5F5JPLNHRY6NPYHLYXU.jpg

ZJGRF6NDK5HE3D25Q4JIBBON7I.jpg

Whatever happens, it won't affect us.

Brexit.

Tricky one.
I think a challenge to UEFA control (even more FIFA) would be a good thing, but the Super League isn't the way to do it.
Saying that I don't have any cunning plan to offer.

Much as I'd like to think the Super League is dead, money tends to win in the end and this ruling will absolutely result in discussions starting up again.

Guaranteed serious revenue with no need to perform on the pitch ...
:levyeyes:
No question Levy would still be interested but he doesn’t have enough backing from the fans. He knows he’d lose most of his season ticket holders and there aren’t enough other Prem clubs to make it worth it.

There is already a super league and we are already in it every season

No question Levy would still be interested but he doesn’t have enough backing from the fans. He knows he’d lose most of his season ticket holders and there aren’t enough other Prem clubs to make it worth it.

There is already a super league and we are already in it every season

Levy will do what's best to make sure the club's future isn't in jeopardy, he doesn't need to listen to the fans tbh, If the Super League came up again then he'd put us straight back in it.

Back
Top Bottom