Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sergio with a match worst 3.78 on the BBC player ratings from last night v WHam. Next worst Ivan Toney with a 4.04.

I just can't see anyone paying any money for him unfortunately.
He will probably just continue to bounce to whoever has an emergency at LB/LWB for the next 2 windows. Contract expires at the end of next season.

We spent £33,000,000 according to sportrac, and are paying him £50k a week.

I'm putting this down as a ❌ from the scouting and recruitment department.

Sergio with a match worst 3.78 on the BBC player ratings from last night v WHam. Next worst Ivan Toney with a 4.04.

He will probably just continue to bounce to whoever has an emergency at LB/LWB for the next 2 windows. Contract expires at the end of next season.

He's gone from Atletico Madrid to Man Utd to Brentford.

With this trajectory, he might be signed by Norwich City next season!

Their was no science behind it, he was available and Real wanted him to play matches so they could eventually sell. He did alright for us I guess, bit erratic - Brentford is probably his level.

Loved his signing and was more concerned he’d be back to Real quickly.

Got that wrong!

:mourweird:

Reggie played the whole game as Bs draw 2-2 at home with Chelsea yesterday.
Looks like a good loan and surely they will buy him in the summer.
Brentford next game is the Goons on Saturday.

Sickening right. However...I've watched him up against City and Liverpool and he's struggled. Still have him over all bar Sonny in our front three.

Think a move to a better club than West Ham could take him up an extra level. Always thought he was a shoe-in to sign for Liverpool at some point with his style of play, but that will now depend on who they replace Klopp with. Don't think he or Paqueta will be there for too much longer.

Any chance we can do Reguilon plus cash for Rico Henry? I know Henry is/will be coming off a long-term injury, but assuming he heals fine, I think he'd be a great squad option for us behind Udogie.

Henry plays a very different fullback role for Brentford than what we play, good player that he is I’m not sure he is right for us playing the inverted fullback position

Real Madrid
"You can have Bale on loan, and we'll pay most of his wages, as long as you take this kid off our hands too.

Levy
:levywhoa:

Mourinho
"I'm not playing Bale"
:mourpointlaugh:

Maybe but I seem to remember the same being said about Udogie by quite a few people, before he actually came here. But you could well be right.

Yeah fair point. Henry could adapt very well to the role but from the little I’ve seen of him he seems an up and down pacy fullback type rather than the more technical type needed in our system

Yeah fair point. Henry could adapt very well to the role but from the little I’ve seen of him he seems an up and down pacy fullback type rather than the more technical type needed in our system
He is. Plays on the touchline and is back and forth, more like an Ashley Cole. He would have been perfect for Eng’s system imo

He’s not happy

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1765691094002798617?s=46&t=LZlJuZ1uaIN4QMovCQVkvQ

🎙️| Sergio Reguilon on his departure from #Tottenham:

“I didn’t understand and still don’t understand the situation. During pre-season I was very happy and he [Postecoglou] was happy with me, also the staff. I was playing like a normal player, all the games.”

“The week before, I went to see him. ‘You want me at the club?’ ‘Yes, I have to do a list and you are in my squad’. It was strange. The next day I was out of the training and I didn’t know what happened.”

“I know I can play in Spurs, but in many aspects in football the player doesn’t have control. And I don’t want to stay to sit in the stadium watching. I am 27, I have too much football to live. I don’t understand why one day is ‘yes’ and next day is ‘no’ but . . . I don’t think it’s performance reason, I think it’s another reason, this is football, this is business.”

He’s not happy

View: https://x.com/thespursexpress/status/1765691094002798617?s=46&t=LZlJuZ1uaIN4QMovCQVkvQ

🎙️| Sergio Reguilon on his departure from #Tottenham:

“I didn’t understand and still don’t understand the situation. During pre-season I was very happy and he [Postecoglou] was happy with me, also the staff. I was playing like a normal player, all the games.”

“The week before, I went to see him. ‘You want me at the club?’ ‘Yes, I have to do a list and you are in my squad’. It was strange. The next day I was out of the training and I didn’t know what happened.”

“I know I can play in Spurs, but in many aspects in football the player doesn’t have control. And I don’t want to stay to sit in the stadium watching. I am 27, I have too much football to live. I don’t understand why one day is ‘yes’ and next day is ‘no’ but . . . I don’t think it’s performance reason, I think it’s another reason, this is football, this is business.”

Oh it was most definitely performance reasons, Sergio.

Faked a bloody injury because a 16 year old was destroying him. That should have been enough.

If that wasn't enough. Going from Man Utd to Brentford should probably do it.

Oh it was most definitely performance reasons, Sergio.

Faked a bloody injury because a 16 year old was destroying him. That should have been enough.

If that wasn't enough. Going from Man Utd to Brentford should probably do it.
Proof?
You got ended by a 16 year old homie, that probably sealed the deal
Is that the same 16 year old that's played 36 games, scored 5 goals, and got 7 assists this season for Barcelona?

If it is, and I'm not saying Reguilon is great, but that hardly seems like a stick to beat him with...

Back
Top Bottom