Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

but if we sold him it would be to a club like Newcastle, Man Utd, Villa or something - not relegation fodder.
Not a single one of these clubs would pick this guy...not a single one. ManU is dealing with their own player that can't beat someone after shipping out another player with similar issues, Villa have Bailey and Diaby, and Eddie Howes likes burners up top with a muscular MF...not a fit for Kulu.

This is hopeful nonsense that someone can stick to for the years that he is here and when he's on his way out you can say "He regressed" or some other face saving bit. This kid should NEVER have been made permanent and he should be shipped out as soon as possible to open a spot for someone that can be consistently useful i.e. is good enough. We have enough issues with HG players that this foreign player should not rot on our bench.

Not a single one of these clubs would pick this guy...not a single one. ManU is dealing with their own player that can't beat someone after shipping out another player with similar issues, Villa have Bailey and Diaby, and Eddie Howes likes burners up top with a muscular MF...not a fit for Kulu.

This is hopeful nonsense that someone can stick to for the years that he is here and when he's on his way out you can say "He regressed" or some other face saving bit. This kid should NEVER have been made permanent and he should be shipped out as soon as possible to open a spot for someone that can be consistently useful i.e. is good enough. We have enough issues with HG players that this foreign player should not rot on our bench.
Well his best position is through the middle anyway, not out wide.

He would get games at Villa, most likely supporting Watkins up top rather that wide.
United could do with the work ethic of a Kulusevski, though for them would be out wide as he isn't getting games over Fernandes. Contributes more and grafts more than their current players.
Of those 3 examples, Newcastle is probably the side he would get least game time.

72 games, 13 goals, 17 assists. Goal contributions per game of 0.41 whilst being a grafter too.

For comparison over their Premier League careers;

United: Fernandes (0.56), Rashford (0.48), Antony (0.13), Garnacho (0.28), Eriksen (0.47)
Villa: Diaby (0.40), Bailey (0.35), Tielemans (0.27), Luiz (0.22), Ramsey (0.20)
Newcastle: Gordon (0.23), Willock (0.18), Barnes (0.39), Almiron (0.17), Guiramaraes (0.29), Murphy (0.15)

3 of those 16 examples have a better goal contribution rate and all of them at United. (Eriksen's best numbers were for us anyway).

To say that level of output is essentially 'not good enough for Tottenham' and
he should be shipped out as soon as possible to open a spot for someone that can be consistently useful i.e. is good enough
is quite frankly, delusional as well as ridiculous. We should keep him until we have 3-4 players with better outputs and team contributions.

It's not being hopeful, it's being realistic of who we are and what he has done for us to date.

Last edited by a moderator:

He would get games at Villa, most likely supporting Watkins up top rather that wide.
United could do with the work ethic of a Kulusevski, though for them would be out wide as he isn't getting games over Fernandes. Contributes more and grafts more than their current players.
Of those 3 examples, Newcastle is probably the side he would get least game time.

72 games, 13 goals, 17 assists. Goal contribution every 0.41 games whilst being a grafter too.

For comparison over their Premier League careers;

United: Fernandes (0.56), Rashford (0.48), Antony (0.13), Garnacho (0.28), Eriksen (0.47)
Villa: Diaby (0.40), Bailey (0.35), Tielemans (0.27), Luiz (0.22), Ramsey (0.20)
Newcastle: Gordon (0.23), Willock (0.18), Barnes (0.39), Almiron (0.17), Guiramaraes (0.29), Murphy (0.15)

3 of those 16 examples have a better goal contribution rate and all of them at United. (Eriksen's best numbers were for us anyway).

To say that level of output is essentially 'not good enough for Tottenham' and

is quite frankly, delusional as well as ridiculous. We should keep him until we have 3-4 players with better outputs and team contributions.

It's not being hopeful, it's being realistic of who we are and what he has done for us to date.

Something's gone wrong with those stats mate....... 1 x G/A per 0.41 games would mean he'd have about 160 in total!

The central myth didnt die after numerous terrible performances there when people were back to saying he’s a RW? It’s still going?

What a cycle.

"I always thought of me being a No 10, I still think I am, but my best results as a football player have always come being a right winger, so I don’t know! In the future, we will see where I’ll be. Yeah I can probably play wing-back too."

This season;
Middle: 6 games, 2 goals, 2 assists (0.66).
Wide: 17 games, 4 goals, 0 assists (0.23).

Has had better returns for us playing central this season anyway.

"I always thought of me being a No 10, I still think I am, but my best results as a football player have always come being a right winger, so I don’t know! In the future, we will see where I’ll be. Yeah I can probably play wing-back too."

This season;
Middle: 6 games, 2 goals, 2 assists (0.66).
Wide: 17 games, 4 goals, 0 assists (0.23).

Has had better returns for us playing central this season anyway.

He had 2 good games in the middle and the rest were awful. Pretty sure all those goals and assists are from those two.

He is not good enough to be a 10 for a top team. Even Foden (a vastly vastly better player) has lots to learn and has spent years with KDB before being trusted centrally long term.

He had 2 good games in the middle and the rest were awful. Pretty sure all those goals and assists are from those two.

He is not good enough to be a 10 for a top team. Even Foden (a vastly vastly better player) has lots to learn and has spent years with KDB before being trusted centrally long term.
Cover for Maddison? Perhaps not ideal but we have too much to do elsewhere both out and in imo . More creative and reliable than Lo Celso. If we have 2 new creative wingers no 10 becomes less of an issue anyway.

It's pretty chronic at the moment. Some real groans starting to go round the stadium every time he checks back...with our fans especially the home ones....Well we all know what the next installment looks like...😔
Funnily enough I remember the groans when Son nearly scored twice from pinpoint passes by Kulu.

Statement of facts not in evidence.

We should keep him until we have 3-4 players with better outputs and team contributions.
Right, exactly why we should ship him out NOW. Like you, there are others that have not cottoned on and will think he would be a helpful player and might pay real money for him. Now is the time to exploit that ignorance not much later when everyone can see it.

I'll check back with you later and we'll see if it was "delusional".

Kulu worked in that first season under conte because he was playing as an inside forward than a true out and out touchline winger...not to mention he was playing with Son and Kane at their best...

Overall a limited player...squad player at best...if this club has any aspirations to complete with liverpool...city...nowhere near good enough to start.

Kulu worked in that first season under conte because he was playing as an inside forward than a true out and out touchline winger...not to mention he was playing with Son and Kane at their best...

Overall a limited player...squad player at best...if this club has any aspirations to complete with liverpool...city...nowhere near good enough to start.

Yeah he would be depth at Liverpool and I doubt he’d see light at City.

Yeah he would be depth at Liverpool and I doubt he’d see light at City.

Tbh I never understood the Kulu hype (some fans were saying hes better than saka..?)...yea his stats looked good in that 6 month period under Conte...but his overall game was still limited. He was getting those assists because Son that season was elite and finishing everything....

We have to do better.

Tbh I never understood the Kulu hype (some absolute wombles blinded by tribalism said hes better than saka..?)...

FTFY

Yeah he had a great start at the club where we really clicked and everything went in. He was god awful last season but it was Conte so got a pass and he’s been very mid this season.

Tbh I never understood the Kulu hype (some fans were saying hes better than saka..?)...yea his stats looked good in that 6 month period under Conte...but his overall game was still limited.

He was (still is) strong, physical and hardworking and was commonly beating his FB for fun.

He was also very keen to shoot (which has totally been drilled out of him since).

He was getting those assists because Son was elite and finishing everything....

We have to do better.

He was also creating a fair bit earlier THIS season that weren't being converted...... So perhaps his stats being depended on the finishing of others isn't the indictment you presented it to be.

Back
Top Bottom