Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I support a team that's won 3 trophies in my lifetime. I support a team that used to be mid table fodder if not fighting relegation but has now become one of the richest (and most expensive to follow) teams in the world. I want my team to be doing much better than they're doing and I think it's possible.

You and the other muppets are happy to settle for mediocrity as long as you get thrown a bone every now and again.

So Mr Arlison you can get back to supporting the £60M wasters in the team and I'll get back to wanting my team to be better.

You have the wrong person mate.

Not once will you see me saying that this purgatory range between 8th and 4th is good enough.

But why does that make you draw knives for the team? When the players and Manager are all new and it’s the clubs policy where the frustration should be aimed?

Calls for him to go are ridiculous.
Please quote those calls, mate? Except that Netflix & Chill guy.

People have said we’ve been shit for months and the system has been crap for months, barely producing any positives like we were promised by Postecoglou fans earlier this season, and his fanboys quickly swarmed to defend him saying that we should be glad that we’re 5th and his system is very good, just needs better players and look at Arteta and Klopp and Guardiola first season bla bla.

Guess criticism (if that is considered criticism) is now the same as a change of manager? Lol.

Last edited:
Exactly, that is the level of delusion here. It's down to the first 10 games where luck was in our favour that they can point to the league position and say how great it's been but it seems like no matter what this manager does, he'll be slavishly lauded by morons.
Animated GIF

Please quote those calls, mate? Except that Netflix & Chill guy.

People have said we’ve been shit for months and the system has been crap for months, barely producing any positives like we were promised by Postecoglou fans earlier this season, and his fanboys quickly swarmed to defend him saying that we should be glad that we’re 5th and his system is very good, just needs better players and look at Arteta and Klopp and Guardiola first season bla bla.
Not going to find you quotes but generally there's been negativity that's not been warranted imo. Concerns about our performances post-January are legitimate and people are right to raise them but my point is that panicking about results this season is unwarranted and Ange should be given next season before people make proper evaluations.

While there are concerns, we are still in the race for top 4 which is better than what many expected when the season began. Improvements in playstyle and feel around the place are obvious too. If, come January next year, we haven't improved and haven't solved the issues that have become apparent, then is the time to start thinking about thinking about the manager's position

You haven’t posted a single positive thing about this club since you joined.

Which club do you support?
He's posting his concerns because he supports Spurs you dildo...
I'll never get this childish nonsense that folk who think we deserve better and want to see better results on the pitch must support someone else.
It's the rationale of an idiot.

Not going to find you quotes but generally there's been negativity that's not been warranted imo. Concerns about our performances post-January are legitimate and people are right to raise them but my point is that panicking about results this season is unwarranted and Ange should be given next season before people make proper evaluations.

While there are concerns, we are still in the race for top 4 which is better than what many expected when the season began. Improvements in playstyle and feel around the place are obvious too. If, come January next year, we haven't improved and haven't solved the issues that have become apparent, then is the time to start thinking about thinking about the manager's position
Those same people whining about us not challenging this season, are the same morons that were predicting we'd be battling relegation before we'd kicked a ball.

They crawled under a rock until the Chelsea game, piped down again after we got through our period where 10-15 players in the squad were injured, but they spent all that time sharpening their knives ready to stick them in now.

It's springtime though, so I suppose you have to expect these infestations.

He's posting his concerns because he supports Spurs you dildo...
I'll never get this childish nonsense that folk who think we deserve better and want to see better results on the pitch must support someone else.
It's the rationale of an idiot.

Not one positive thing any any player on the team?

I know you are a Spurs fan and I know come summertime we tend to agree on things but when the season is still going and neither of you can find one thing you like about the team you support?

It’s fucking nauseating mate.

Not going to find you quotes but generally there's been negativity that's not been warranted imo.
Right… so you say people want him out but you don’t want to do the small effort of finding those people’s posts. :mourthumb:
Concerns about our performances post-January are legitimate and people are right to raise them but my point is that panicking about results this season is unwarranted and Ange should be given next season before people make proper evaluations.
Concerns about performance is legit, but panicking abouy results (what results?) is not.

Aren’t most people here saying they are concerned we defend like donkeys and we can’t create solid chances and in the last few games we do the same shit over and over? Or what is it?

Right… so you say people want him out but you don’t want to do the small effort of finding those people’s posts. :mourthumb:

Concerns about performance is legit, but panicking abouy results (what results?) is not.

Aren’t most people here saying they are concerned we defend like donkeys and we can’t create solid chances and in the last few games we do the same shit over and over? Or what is it?
Just fucking negative is what it is. We're at the beginning of a new project and have already made massive improvements. Have some perspective and get behind them at this early stage.

Yes we can be frustrating as fuck but I don't see the point in whining incessantly, only focusing on negatives and ignoring the positives, when we are less than a year into Ange's tenure. I'll be there with you moaning if we have the same problems in 9 months time...

2-2 at Everton for them to get beat 6-0 by a Chelsea team our fans think is worse than us.
2-1 vs Luton who got beat 5 & 6 1 recently by City and bloody Brentford
1-1 Vs West Ham who get beat 5-2 vs a shite Palace
But we beat Villa 4:0 who beat Woolwich 2:0 who beat Brighton 3:0 who beat us 4:2 so really we beat them and not they us...

Back
Top Bottom