Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His last presser after SU game asked about finishing 5th he said his only interested in first not even 2,3 4. Surely the answer at this stage should be the aim is to finish as high as possible and be competitive in every game. It’s like he doesn’t view progression or building to something and he just wants the front door key to a house without it being finished. Almost delusional!
Are you really that dumb?

He's aiming for first. You don't aim for lower spots and call it progression. You aim for the top, and as you get closer to it each season, THAT is called progression.

Wasn't she actually saying that this is what goes on at most clubs?
And that wasn't really what she was saying anyway.

I don't know why so many people can't count.
82% of the United Kingdom is white based on the last census. I would be surprised if there is less than 18% of non-white representation among players. In fact, given there is potentially a genetic advantage in some sports, you may find a higher representation of black players.

The sad thing, is that the only person who has the balls to say this is Joey fucking Barton ffs.
Even when he says something that's right he's still a megacunt.
I don't know why you are doubting me. I listened to it live. Her argument was that Pep put in a fake bid for Rice to help his old mate Arteta out. Ludicrous and non-sensical obviously. Her justification was that it is sort of thing she did all the time when she was sporting director. When questioned she said she would ring up rival clubs' sporting directors to get them to put fake bids in for players she wanted. it apparently would lead to her boss giving her more money.
And yes, if she is telling the truth and this is what goes on in the WSL, there should be an audit of the league.

He's aiming for first. You don't aim for lower spots and call it progression. You aim for the top, and as you get closer to it each season, THAT is called progression.

That seems a bit harsh a statement to a Spurs supporter in my opinion. In the times when Tottenham had success they have had leaders who were loyal and humble. Bullshit baffles brains it seems. You can say anything you like but the way we were set -up before the City game, all the ' i wanna win' bs doesn't count for much. I look serious so you better watch out.. no matter what reasonable question is asked.

It can come across that way. I think he says that more with him not having the usual pedigree for this level and feeling he has to justify and defend his appointment, that he has earned the opportunity, if you know what I mean.

Kompany looks he has the Bayern gig, well, I'd say Postecoglou has earned this shake of the sauce bottle.
Fair enough. Tottenham have been around a long time hopefully he will show some respect in future.

Is that Bognor Regis, Cyril’s brother?

Funnily enough in the mid 80s I was in the same rehabilitation hospital near Slough with his younger brother David
Me for my neck and David with a bad knee sadly from which he never recovered to play pro football again
Top bloke and was the spitting image of Cyril!
Liked a brandy or three at night!

Liam Brady was also a patient and it was similar to Lilleshall
Liam was with the Spam at the time and also had a bad knee
Decent guy tbf

And why is that?

It’s not far from me and the locals call it SkegVegas

I suppose you prefer Grimsby?

I think you just answered your own question!!

Never been to Skekvegas or Grimsby actually.
More of a Norfolk coast person where the best turkeys are bred.

Holkham and Burnham Market these days. Great Yarmouth and Cromer as a youngster. I do love Norfolk.

Bootiful!!!

I think you just answered your own question!!

Never been to Skekvegas or Grimsby actually.
More of a Norfolk coast person where the best turkeys are bred.

Holkham and Burnham Market these days. Great Yarmouth and Cromer as a youngster. I do love Norfolk.

Bootiful!!!

Actually Hunstanton is nearer and we usually go there for the day or Wells-next-the-sea, Cromer or Sheringham

Friends in Holt which is another lovely place

That seems a bit harsh a statement to a Spurs supporter in my opinion. In the times when Tottenham had success they have had leaders who were loyal and humble. Bullshit baffles brains it seems. You can say anything you like but the way we were set -up before the City game, all the ' i wanna win' bs doesn't count for much. I look serious so you better watch out.. no matter what reasonable question is asked.
Eh?

He's been quite clear in what he says, he's aiming for the title. It's only halfwits with an agenda that can't see that.

If he came out and said we're just hoping to get into CL, you and your ilk would be moaning about lack of ambition.

Actually Hunstanton is nearer and we usually go there for the day or Wells-next-the-sea, Cromer or Sheringham

Friends in Holt which is another lovely place

Why has Hunstanton all of a sudden come into the conversation!

Going back to the original point of my post I think Skegness is closer to you than Bognor Regis.

:porrogasp::porrosmile:

Eh?

He's been quite clear in what he says, he's aiming for the title. It's only halfwits with an agenda that can't see that.

If he came out and said we're just hoping to get into CL, you and your ilk would be moaning about lack of ambition.
ilk

it's just talk. all the corny life advice and i did this and that. "I want to win ! , I'm a winner !" wow "I, I ,i me" 'things have got to change around here because I'm the man" ... embarrassing

ilk

it's just talk. all the corny life advice and i did this and that. "I want to win ! , I'm a winner !" wow "I, I ,i me" 'things have got to change around here because I'm the man" ... embarrassing
Of course it’s all talk. What the fuck are you expecting from an interview? Did you think he’d start juggling? Whittle a pool cue out of a branch? Do a crossword?

It’s like you’ve never seen managers or players being interviewed before.

Don’t piss anyone off, don’t be too interesting and don’t be too dull. That’s it.

ilk

Yup, ilk. Halfwits with agendas

What is embarrassing is reading "fans" digging him out for talking positively about what he intends to bring. You'd rather he say "hey, I'm just here for the paycheck, we're just here to make up the numbers?"

🤡

Yup, ilk. Halfwits with agendas

What is embarrassing is reading "fans" digging him out for talking positively about what he intends to bring. You'd rather he say "hey, I'm just here for the paycheck, we're just here to make up the numbers?"

🤡
Which is why I don't understand why fans are questioning a manager who wants to win. It's really sad fans are calling a manager who has the ambition delusional.

Funnily enough in the mid 80s I was in the same rehabilitation hospital near Slough with his younger brother David
Me for my neck and David with a bad knee sadly from which he never recovered to play pro football again
Top bloke and was the spitting image of Cyril!
Liked a brandy or three at night!

Liam Brady was also a patient and it was similar to Lilleshall
Liam was with the Spam at the time and also had a bad knee
Decent guy tbf
Was Liam’s sister Karen there as well?

Which is why I don't understand why fans are questioning a manager who wants to win. It's really sad fans are calling a manager who has the ambition delusional.
It's just the usual suspects who knew nothing about him when he was appointed, other than Celtic, and decided they didn't like him. Throw in the fact that he's Australian, and this perception that Aussies are "arrogant," and you have the "ilk."

The irony is that it's ignorant arrogance from people who haven't a fraction of his knowledge or ability.

Back
Top Bottom