Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

as in, why did he have to end up with us? Spurs. There's plenty of other clubs out there.

Rumours were he actually knocked back another EPL club when mid-season at Celtic.

Ange is ex City Football Group. Yokohama are part-owned by CFG. Scott Munn is ex-CFG. . Celtic have strong links with CFG. Say what you like about City, they have the resources, the facilities, the scouting networks, the backroom systems that are second to none. They don't pick mugs to join them.

He also has a reputation for coming into clubs in some sort of turmoil, clearing out the dead wood, and re-setting the course of the club

Rumours were he actually knocked back another EPL club when mid-season at Celtic.

Ange is ex City Football Group. Yokohama are part-owned by CFG. Scott Munn is ex-CFG. . Celtic have strong links with CFG. Say what you like about City, they have the resources, the facilities, the scouting networks, the backroom systems that are second to none. They don't pick mugs to join them.

He also has a reputation for coming into clubs in some sort of turmoil, clearing out the dead wood, and re-setting the course of the club
Ok thanks. I guess we have to wait and see what happens regarding your last sentence. The previous 'turmoil', on the face of it, appeared to be ex-managers' with proven track records of managing at the elite level not being able to build a team with the players they felt they needed? At the moment what I am hearing and seeing in interviews is it's all 'me, me and me' 'and it's someone else's fault.' media appear to lap it up.

Ok thanks. I guess we have to wait and see what happens regarding your last sentence. The previous 'turmoil', on the face of it, appeared to be ex-managers' with proven track records of managing at the elite level not being able to build a team with the players they felt they needed? At the moment what I am hearing and seeing in interviews is it's all 'me, me and me' 'and it's someone else's fault.' media appear to lap it up.
Levy the trophy killer (but what does Jose know).
In my mind Ange is a blustering windbag who has a Plan A that works beautifully if you have 11 superb players who can run all day plus back ups for when those 11 are injured.

Wrong club bonzo try Citeh.

Levy the trophy killer (but what does Jose know).
In my mind Ange is a blustering windbag who has a Plan A that works beautifully if you have 11 superb players who can run all day plus back ups for when those 11 are injured.

Wrong club bonzo try Citeh.
His last presser after SU game asked about finishing 5th he said his only interested in first not even 2,3 4. Surely the answer at this stage should be the aim is to finish as high as possible and be competitive in every game. It’s like he doesn’t view progression or building to something and he just wants the front door key to a house without it being finished. Almost delusional!

It can come across that way. I think he says that more with him not having the usual pedigree for this level and feeling he has to justify and defend his appointment, that he has earned the opportunity, if you know what I mean.

Kompany looks he has the Bayern gig, well, I'd say Postecoglou has earned this shake of the sauce bottle.

His last presser after SU game asked about finishing 5th he said his only interested in first not even 2,3 4. Surely the answer at this stage should be the aim is to finish as high as possible and be competitive in every game. It’s like he doesn’t view progression or building to something and he just wants the front door key to a house without it being finished. Almost delusional!

There's things managers say in the media and things they believe. He's repeatedly said the team has long way to go, but the ultimate goal is to finish first, and he has to instill that belief in the players and the club that its possible. "Why not us?"

Back
Top Bottom