Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah football people live and breathe the game.
Imagine telling people on here that it’s not acceptable for them to do something they love in their spare time? They’d tell you to fuck off but Ange can’t do what he wants! Bizarre people we have on here.
This isn't true though.

There are plenty of people on here who label the entire forum disabled, discriminate against it, and tell it to go on holiday. I'm not sure who is supposed to be handing out these holidays but ok I'll take one. Ange also thinks about half of Spurs fans need counselling for caring about rivalry. Again I'm not sure where this magic counselling is that will make me as successful as Richarlison etc. but I'll take it.

Some Spurs fans would rather their manager did less media until he is actually successful. It's not an unbalanced view. It's not an unhinged view. Nobody is throwing their toys out of the pram and yet plenty of people are being told to calm down for having that opinion, which is a projection. There is also an irony in going on a forum to tell people to go off a forum for having an opinion on the manager.

It's a valid opinion to be concerned about the way the media label Ange a winner, the way he portrays himself in the football media, and the way Spurs fans are seen as the reason Spurs are unsuccessful. I assume similar fans would have similar feelings about Poch's book, or Levy's documentary, or Rose's articles in the rags.

Also, do you think the likes of Rashford gets away with doing what he wants when he isn't scoring goals? I suspect zero Spurs fans would really care what Ange does in the media if he was actually more successful than the past 15 seasons he brought up.

This isn't true though.

There are plenty of people on here who label the entire forum disabled, discriminate against it, and tell it to go on holiday. I'm not sure who is supposed to be handing out these holidays but ok I'll take one. Ange also thinks about half of Spurs fans need counselling for caring about rivalry. Again I'm not sure where this magic counselling is that will make me as successful as Richarlison etc. but I'll take it.

Some Spurs fans would rather their manager did less media until he is actually successful. It's not an unbalanced view. It's not an unhinged view. Nobody is throwing their toys out of the pram and yet plenty of people are being told to calm down for having that opinion, which is a projection. There is also an irony in going on a forum to tell people to go off a forum for having an opinion on the manager.

It's a valid opinion to be concerned about the way the media label Ange a winner, the way he portrays himself in the football media, and the way Spurs fans are seen as the reason Spurs are unsuccessful. I assume similar fans would have similar feelings about Poch's book, or Levy's documentary, or Rose's articles in the rags.

Also, do you think the likes of Rashford gets away with doing what he wants when he isn't scoring goals? I suspect zero Spurs fans would really care what Ange does in the media if he was actually more successful than the past 15 seasons he brought up.
Great post.

I’d rather he was at his desk formulating a decent Plan B and/or working out how to defend set pieces but hey ho.

Yes, he has a right to take on extra work in the close season. His prerogative (& Daniel’s consent obvs).

However, coming so soon after the
‘spat’ or misunderstanding’ with the fans leaves a slight bad taste in the mouth. Don’t get me started on the fucking trip down under either

. I'm not sure who is supposed to be handing out these holidays but ok I'll take one.

Here you go. Have fun.

Collect the holiday codes when they are published. The next sun holiday codes starts on Monday 13th May 2024 with the booking form open on Tuesday 14th May. The last day to book a holiday will be Sunday 2nd June 2024.

Whenever she talks I have to put the TV on mute. She is that rare type of person who thinks they are genius but is actually a bit of an idiot. I still remember her proudly admitting that she colluded with other club's sporting directors (i.e fraud) to get players' values inflated so her boss would raise the transfer budget. People pointed out that this was potentially illegal and she cried victimhood.
"She is that rare type of person who thinks they are genius but is actually a bit of an idiot." Somehow that doesn't seem that rare these days.

I'd prefer it if they were in gags!
Flirt GIF by The Vibe is Right

There should be an annual award for the worst pundit.
Although Alex Scott seems like a nice person, I don't rate any of the female pundits. I know, my "unconscious bias" or some other assertion of a pseudo intellectual fashion.

Just to prove I am even-handed to the core, I don't rate a fair few of the male pundits either. The Monday night club are mostly good. Watching the Overlap episode when Rio Ferdinand was on, he came across very well.

Although Alex Scott seems like a nice person, I don't rate any of the female pundits. I know, my "unconscious bias" or some other assertion of a pseudo intellectual fashion.

Just to prove I am even-handed to the core, I don't rate a fair few of the male pundits either. The Monday night club are mostly good. Watching the Overlap episode when Rio Ferdinand was on, he came across very well.
I actually think that Frank Lampard was an excellent pundit. Very good analysis and insight.

I mean what do pundits really add to our experience of watching the game itself? The only pundits that I find vaguely interesting are ones that have done it at the highest level and maybe share a bit of what goes on behind closed doors in an insightful or original way. No female pundit has ever got to the highest level of men's football so I generally ignore them because of their skillset, not because they are women. That might change if I got into women's football but I just cant pretend I enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom