Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whenever she talks I have to put the TV on mute. She is that common rare type of person with a chip on her shoulder who thinks they are genius but is actually a complete bit of an idiot. I still remember her proudly admitting that she colluded with other club's sporting directors (i.e fraud) to get players' values inflated so her boss would raise the transfer budget. People pointed out that this was potentially illegal and she cried victimhood.
Corrected your very sensible post.

Whenever she talks I have to put the TV on mute. She is that rare type of person who thinks they are genius but is actually a bit of an idiot. I still remember her proudly admitting that she colluded with other club's sporting directors (i.e fraud) to get players' values inflated so her boss would raise the transfer budget. People pointed out that this was potentially illegal and she cried victimhood.

She's the biggest racist in football.

I think her crowning glory was when she basically said when white people are over represented (in a particular field) it was because of racism but when ethnic people were over represented it was down to talent. Staggering.

Erm there are 8 people listed and 8 pictured... but they don't tie up. Where's Ange? And surely there are 3 women in the picture, but only 2 listed... Weird decision to include a picture with the same number of people as the list, but them not be the same people. 😂
The middle 2 are presenters rather than pundits

How the fuck is Aluko still getting work. One of the most stupid people I’ve ever seen on tv.
Vote Yes GIF

View: https://x.com/Blue_Footy/status/1793375411591844061

Think this is actually an important point to be made about the current narrative about our inverted FBs leaving us exposed defensively.

Inverted FBs are actually designed to help with defensive transitions and also give you the opportunity to overload when you have the ball...

The issue we have had is that when the FB goes forward, the 8 on that side is meant to rotate into the space they leave to cover us in defensive transition. We have that sorted with Sarr on the right hand side. The left has been where 99% of the issues have been in transition. Either because Maddison or Bentancur haven't been fit enough or able enough to cover for Udogie or because there has been a miscommunication. When we have had Emerson playing LB it has been even worse.

100% something that can be fixed with recruitment and time training together being coached to build those instinctive rotations.

Just a thought.

See now, when I look at this I see a team who keeps five men back to protect against the counter (in a 3-2 shape), whereas we look more like a 2-1-7; we have BOTH fullbacks inverted, not just the one, and often they're both right up alongside the 10s, not just in the double pivot like here.

If ours was a genuine 2-3-5 it would still be riskier than the Maresca/Pep/Arteta 3-2-5 but it would make a lot more sense than what we currently do. And from memory it was more like that in the early part of the season, as opposed to the chaos-ball structure we see now. No idea why Agnes changed it.

I'm also not sure it's something that can be fixed with recruitment (unless Superman's available for transfer?) or player rotations with the #8s filling in. I honestly think it's structural/tactical. And it worries me that Ange hasn't adapted thus far. There's a reason why every manager in football copies Pep's inversions but nobody copies Agnes.

See now, when I look at this I see a team who keeps five men back to protect against the counter (in a 3-2 shape), whereas we look more like a 2-1-7; we have BOTH fullbacks inverted, not just the one, and often they're both right up alongside the 10s, not just in the double pivot like here.

If ours was a genuine 2-3-5 it would still be riskier than the Maresca/Pep/Arteta 3-2-5 but it would make a lot more sense than what we currently do. And from memory it was more like that in the early part of the season, as opposed to the chaos-ball structure we see now. No idea why Agnes changed it.

I'm also not sure it's something that can be fixed with recruitment (unless Superman's available for transfer?) or player rotations with the #8s filling in. I honestly think it's structural/tactical. And it worries me that Ange hasn't adapted thus far. There's a reason why every manager in football copies Pep's inversions but nobody copies Agnes.

I would guess it's situation-dependent as well.

We are definitely 2-3-5 a lot of the time when I'm watching but even see Romero rampaging forwards at times as well and then it's about the rotations which clearly need to improve. especially down our left. If you are seeing 2-1-7 at times then probably something has gone wrong or it's a specific situation where they want to be so aggressive. Maybe it's about how the other team's shape is as well?

Whenever she talks I have to put the TV on mute. She is that rare type of person who thinks they are genius but is actually a bit of an idiot. I still remember her proudly admitting that she colluded with other club's sporting directors (i.e fraud) to get players' values inflated so her boss would raise the transfer budget. People pointed out that this was potentially illegal and she cried victimhood.
Wasn't she actually saying that this is what goes on at most clubs?
And that wasn't really what she was saying anyway.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Woolwich-declan-rice-eni-aluko-30349133

She's the biggest racist in football.

I think her crowning glory was when she basically said when white people are over represented (in a particular field) it was because of racism but when ethnic people were over represented it was down to talent. Staggering.
I don't know why so many people can't count.
82% of the United Kingdom is white based on the last census. I would be surprised if there is less than 18% of non-white representation among players. In fact, given there is potentially a genetic advantage in some sports, you may find a higher representation of black players.
I guess in the context of a popular and political culture that believes vehemently (and rightly IMO) that females should have segregated sport due to inherent biological differences, I have a bias towards regarding those who have actually played the male game at elite level, as more likely to be experts in the field.

How unreasonable!
The sad thing, is that the only person who has the balls to say this is Joey fucking Barton ffs.
Even when he says something that's right he's still a megacunt.

Back
Top Bottom