Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But your life isn’t football. His is,always has,loves the game and wants to do it. What the fuck is wrong with that? How anyone can be the slightest bit bothered by this and looking for a reason to have a pop is embarrassing.

I’ve been lucky enough to meet quite a few coaches.
After giving up their time to do a training season they will go out for a meal too and just talk football.

It’s mental that a place where people come to talk about football can’t get their head around the fact pro coaches just literally live for the game.

Tbh I think the whole place is fully autistic.

They approached him, along with the BBC. He didn't seek anything.

What does he give FULL focus to, the empty changing room while they're all away on international duty?

Give it another coat because the paintwork is looking a little jaded?

The transfer market and ensuring that we don’t buy any more duffers like Johnson and Werner?

The more friends he has in the media the better it will be for Spurs next season. Perhaps Ange can hold up a card with Romero's face on it and if Gary Neville says "ooooooh VAR will want to look at that" he can jab him with a stick with shit on it.

It's no co-incidence that those upset at him being on the tele are upset at him being at Spurs and that's ok. I can see why they are sick of Aussies.

Child Smile GIF

Our "totally risk averse" defense last season was Lloris, 3 from Dier, Sanchez, Romero and Davies with Royal at RWB and either Sess or Peresic at LWB

Our defensive unit, even when Romero played was like watching the 3 stooges most of the time. If Dier wasn't playing opposition attackers through on goal, we had Lloris throwing it in his own net or Sanchez getting booed off the pitch after the worst 20 minute cameo in PL history.

This season we've had a keeper that I believe made no errors leading to goal all season, 2 top quality CB's at the top of their game, and pretty useful FB's. And we still conceded almost as many goals. I would, on paper at least, expect the current unit to concede 15-20 goals less over a season than we did tbh.
SU could have scored 3! Alarm bells should be ringing!

We also had 4 FBs playing in a back 4 half the time and Royal having to play LB pretty often.

That’s before you ignore the excuse not taken of 3 of the back 5 playing their first prem season and Porro converting to a new position
Half the time! Cuti was out for 3 games from red then I think he got injured for one game or so. I’m sure he hasn’t been missing much. Porro and destiny like wise. Only VDV was longer around 2.5 months.

I think we conceded as many as we did because we played wide open football with little regard for defense.
It's as simple as that. Park our players in the opposition half and we invite teams to play a quick ball behind and catch us out. Which they did. A lot. And then expose our inability to defend set plays.
This! If the FBs are inverted up field then this is what happens. It’s purely the tactics and system. Our defensive coach have worked on nothing other than VDV bailing us out.

This! If the FBs are inverted up field then this is what happens. It’s purely the tactics and system. Our defensive coach have worked on nothing other than VDV bailing us out.
It's amateur, naive defending, if the manager is determined to succeed in this league, that will resolving as a matter of urgency.
Won't win anything if we defend like a team in the bottom three.

I’ve been lucky enough to meet quite a few coaches.
After giving up their time to do a training season they will go out for a meal too and just talk football.

It’s mental that a place where people come to talk about football can’t get their head around the fact pro coaches just literally live for the game.

Tbh I think the whole place is fully autistic.
Yeah football people live and breathe the game.
Imagine telling people on here that it’s not acceptable for them to do something they love in their spare time? They’d tell you to fuck off but Ange can’t do what he wants! Bizarre people we have on here.

Honestly, the guy is a bigger wideboy than Redknapp and thats saying something. LOVES waggling his arse for the media. It’s all a bit cringe. Iv never seen a manager talk so much about himself yet achieve so little. Atleast Redknapp earned his stripes and had been in the top flight for decades and earned that bit of limelight, and is actually funny. Guys been in top flight football less than a year and is already booking punditry gigs. If he was a seasoned manager in his 4th season with the club youd say okay fine enjoy yourself., But not when youve just finished ur first season with the club where you pretty much tanked the second half of the season and then wet ur pants at spurs fans during a game.

Honestly dont like nor trust the guy. Dude thought he had won the league mid season and was gassing himself up for the Liverpool job, tells me all I need to know.

View: https://x.com/Blue_Footy/status/1793375411591844061

Think this is actually an important point to be made about the current narrative about our inverted FBs leaving us exposed defensively.

Inverted FBs are actually designed to help with defensive transitions and also give you the opportunity to overload when you have the ball...

The issue we have had is that when the FB goes forward, the 8 on that side is meant to rotate into the space they leave to cover us in defensive transition. We have that sorted with Sarr on the right hand side. The left has been where 99% of the issues have been in transition. Either because Maddison or Bentancur haven't been fit enough or able enough to cover for Udogie or because there has been a miscommunication. When we have had Emerson playing LB it has been even worse.

100% something that can be fixed with recruitment and time training together being coached to build those instinctive rotations.

Just a thought.

Honestly, the guy is a bigger wideboy than Redknapp and thats saying something. LOVES waggling his arse for the media. It’s all a bit cringe. Iv never seen a manager talk so much about himself yet achieve so little. Atleast Redknapp earned his stripes and had been in the top flight for decades and earned that bit of limelight, and is actually funny. Guys been in top flight football less than a year and is already booking punditry gigs. If he was a seasoned manager in his 4th season with the club youd say okay fine enjoy yourself., But not when youve just finished ur first season with the club where you pretty much tanked the second half of the season and then wet ur pants at spurs fans during a game.

Honestly dont like nor trust the guy. Dude thought he had won the league mid season and was gassing himself up for the Liverpool job, tells me all I need to know.
What a very silly, uninformed post.

Back
Top Bottom