Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you reckon he'd be watching the Euro's on TV at home, if he wasn't watching the games in a studio?

Do you think he'd be analysing those games, from a professional perspective, when he's watching those games on his sofa?

I do, and I'm sure you do too.

And he's getting paid to do it as well!

State of some of the people in here.
Exactly.

A summer consumed in football, surrounded by football people, watching players in a transfer window...?

How could that possibly be a benefit?!

What you see as arrogance, I see as self belief. He has to change the culture of our club, he's not going to do that by downplaying himself.
That’s true.

I am acutely aware that some of my recent frustrations might be down to PTSD related to the Australian Cricket team. It was going to come out sooner rather than later.

To your point above, I just bristle at how everyone states Ange is a sporting level above us. I could stomach it with Jose and Conte, but Ange simply isn’t that level. And I’ve honestly never known any manager to gas themselves as much as this bloke. He’s like Rodgers on Clarky Cats.

But here’s the counter point - I don’t want him to have this pressure. I don’t think it’s down to him and him alone. I don’t think he can change our culture. It’s not his responsibility.

Anyway, fuck it. All besides the point. Let him enjoy the Euros. Just think the bloke is writing very, very large cheques with how he presents himself in the media.

Dude, chill! :) It was only meant to be a light-hearted comment pointing out that listing in someone's achievements that they beat another team at their 6th attempt sounds a bit strange - I'm pretty sure Pep won't have it on his list of greatest PL achievements. 😆 But now you've actually explained what you mean it makes more sense - it was just a). a bizarre choice of example, and b). not explained at all. No biggie (and as I've said several times, I actually fully agree with your underlying sentiment). :) Apologies if I caused any offence.

:angehug:
It's no offence, I just thought you should know that at least 10% of my posts are tired and wrong, 45% are bizarre or weird, and 45% turn out pure genius or hilarious, and I really do not care.

How am I worked up? lol

I just don't like it.

And I don't have to like it.

Stop getting so worked up!!

Animated GIF

That’s true.

I am acutely aware that some of my recent frustrations might be down to PTSD related to the Australian Cricket team. It was going to come out sooner rather than later.

To your point above, I just bristle at how everyone states Ange is a sporting level above us. I could stomach it with Jose and Conte, but Ange simply isn’t that level. And I’ve honestly never known any manager to gas themselves as much as this bloke. He’s like Rodgers on Clarky Cats.

But here’s the counter point - I don’t want him to have this pressure. I don’t think it’s down to him and him alone. I don’t think he can change our culture. It’s not his responsibility.

Anyway, fuck it. All besides the point. Let him enjoy the Euros. Just think the bloke is writing very, very large cheques with how he presents himself in the media.
I haven't been following any Cricket for a while, so apologies if I don't know what your frustrations there are.

With regard to your second paragraph, who are these 'everyone' stating that he's a sporting level above us?

On your third, I agree it's not down to him alone, that culture HAS to start at the top. However, he's been brought in to implement that, and it most definitely is his responsibility to ensure that the cultural change happens in the most important area of the club, that being the playing staff.

I fully expect he'll enjoy the Euro's immensely. It's those of us with a dog in the fight that I hope REALLY enjoy it.

The English ones anyway...

What a fucking incredible drama over nothing. Close season has arrived just in time, some of you are ready to lose your heads over the tiniest thing.

Go on holiday, log out and stop being so chronically online.

He's sought it by accepting the offer.

He needs to be totally consumed with this job, right now.

Nothing else.

No other gigs or 'commitments'.
its ok, let the guy get the attention he craves and be everyone's mate. its not like our last 11 games were relegation form or anything. not like hes got serious issues to be putting serious thought into. waffling about euros in the spotlight is far more important that sorting out the shit that needs to be done back at tottenham. hes sending out a great message on where his priorities are...never know though, maybe watching all these euro games he might pick up some pointers on set pieces.

Ange was spotted having a cheeky KFC bucket while in Oz....I don't like that at all, just doesn't sit right with me. he should be a Nandos man! Especially after the shit season he's had.

Fuckin KFC, Ange out

Back
Top Bottom