Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me, it's a bad look.

He's done nothing, yet; has just arrived and has had a very challenging season.

He has tons to sort out with this squad.

It looks fucking ragged and he needs to keep it shut and keep his head down.

Not seek more publicity for his brand.

Especially after all the noise around the city game - just keep your fucking head down and focus on the huge job you have just walked into.

Give it due respect and FULL focus.

It's tatty.
I’m pretty sure Ange is fully focused on Tottenham. He is allowed to do other things in life even when he’s Tottenham manager if he wants.

I really don’t see an issue with it. 🤷‍♂️

He's been Brentford's manager since 2018 and been in the prem for 3 years.

I actually can't remember a new manager ever doing something like this.
Because he speaks really well and he's a great story teller?

Because he does have good knowledge of football?

Because he can be charismatic?

Because he does empathise with players and managers and all personnel of the game that his biasness, if he ever shows, was not something like those irking pundits we all vomited times and times again who are fans of scummy clubs?

Because in every pressers posted in YouTube, there are almost always bound to have comments from fans of other clubs find him likeable and some are envying us to have a manager like him?

I could list more positive reasons but I think those who knows will know.

Why is it when people like a manager - in modern day football - they lose all critical faculty re. that person.

Overall, I like Ange.

I want him to be a success here, as, overall, I dig his football.

But the guy is unduly cocky and seemingly self-obsessed.

He's also a lovely, warm character with a big heart for the game.

Both can be true and can be commented on.

The good and the bad.

Seeking the spotlight on a worldwide tournament show is just bad taste from him, in context, imvho.

If he'd won a cup... ok, maybe you get a squeeze.

But he's done nothing and is at a very sensitive stage of a rebuild, where he needs to get this summer spot on if his football is to survive in this league, next season.

Seriously have questions about certain aspects this guy's character.

In THIS situation, I want my manager singularly focused on us, in every respect.

Not out there signalling frivolity.

It's just off.
Unduly cocky??? Do you want him to be a fucking pussy that has no belief itself confidence?

Why shouldn’t he be cocky and have a bit about himself?

He’s won everywhere he’s been and done well in his first season here.

I’m not one for criticising him because I like most of what he says and does. I like his character,confidence and desire to win. I have criticised his subs,stubbornness to not change when it’s not working,playing poor players like Royal and Skipp at left back and the signing of Johnson.

This season has been a learning curve for him and I will get you right now we will have a much better season next season.

I’d rather have Ange than huffy cunts like Conte and Mourinho and whatever Nuno was.

If he wants to watch a game and give his opinion on tv then that is not an issue and it won’t stop him focusing on his job with us.

All I will say is there is a reason why Pep doesn't do too much media work. There is also a reason why he wins titles in England and beat Spurs away for the first time after the 6th attempt. I can't stand the media saying Ange is a winner so Tottenham fans need to shut up. Mourinho was a winner. Conte was a winner. AVB won trebles. If Pep or Roy Keane finished 5th they'd be shaving their head in silence.

Unduly cocky??? Do you want to be a fucking oussy that has no belief itself confidence?

Why shouldn’t he be cocky and have a bit about himself?

He’s won everywhere he’s been and done well in his first season here.

I’m not one for criticising him because I like most of what he says and does. I like his character,confidence and desire to win. I have criticised his subs,stubbornness to not change when it’s not working,playing poor players like Royal and Skipp at left back and the signing of Johnson.

This season has been a learning curve for him and I will get you right now we will have a much better season next season.

I’d rather have Ange than huffy cunts like Conte and Mourinho and whatever Nuno was.

If he wants to watch a game and give his opinion on tv then that is not an issue and it won’t stop him focusing on his job with us.
The prem is on another level than anywhere he's won at before.

For me, it's a bad look.

He's done nothing, yet; has just arrived and has had a very challenging season.

He has tons to sort out with this squad.

It looks fucking ragged and he needs to keep it shut and keep his head down.

Not seek more publicity for his brand.

Especially after all the noise around the city game - just keep your fucking head down and focus on the huge job you have just walked into.

Give it due respect and FULL focus.

It's tatty.
They approached him, along with the BBC. He didn't seek anything.

What does he give FULL focus to, the empty changing room while they're all away on international duty?

Give it another coat because the paintwork is looking a little jaded?

All I will say is there is a reason why Pep doesn't do too much media work. There is also a reason why he wins titles in England and beat Spurs away for the first time after the 6th attempt.
:mourloopy:

Erm, is failing to beat Spurs away in the first 5 attempts a good example of how great Pep is? I agree with what you're saying, but could you not have found a million better examples? Bizarre choice... :/

What does he give FULL focus to, the empty changing room while they're all away on international duty?

He's sought it by accepting the offer.

He needs to be totally consumed with this job, right now.

Nothing else.

No other gigs or 'commitments'.

Why is it when people like a manager - in modern day football - they lose all critical faculty re. that person.

Overall, I like Ange.

I want him to be a success here, as, overall, I dig his football.

But the guy is unduly cocky and seemingly self-obsessed.

He's also a lovely, warm character with a big heart for the game.

Both can be true and can be commented on.

The good and the bad.

Seeking the spotlight on a worldwide tournament show is just bad taste from him, in context, imvho.

If he'd won a cup... ok, maybe you get a squeeze.

But he's done nothing and is at a very sensitive stage of a rebuild, where he needs to get this summer spot on if his football is to survive in this league, next season.

Seriously have questions about certain aspects this guy's character.

In THIS situation, I want my manager singularly focused on us, in every respect.

Not out there signalling frivolity.

It's just off.
It's not a lack of critical faculty to think that a person can be fully focused on their job whilst still doing things outside of it. Nobody works 24/7.

It also doesn't follow that only reason he could possibly want to be involved in covering a major tournament in the sport he's obsessed over since childhood is to seek the spotlight or "grow his brand".

What if he did something else that involved a similar time investment as doing punditry for ITV, but was away from the spotlight? Like let's say that his wife was mad keen for them to watch all 5 series of Breaking Bad, a couple episodes a night, in his own time?

NO! Not acceptable! He needs to be singularly focused on us ALL THE TIME in every single respect goddamn it!

Last edited:
It's not a lack of critical faculty to think that a person can be fully focused on their job whilst still doing things outside of it. Nobody works 24/7.

It also doesn't follow that only reason he could possibly want to be involved in covering a major tournament in the sport he's obsessed over since childhood is to seek the spotlight or grow his brand.

What if he did something else that involved a similar time investment as doing punditry for ITV, but was away from the spotlight? Like let's say that his wife was mad keen for them to watch all 5 series of Breaking Bad, a couple episodes a night, in his own time?

NO! Not acceptable! He needs to be singularly focused on us ALL THE TIME in every single respect goddamn it!
I can't discuss this with you if this is your line of reasoning.

Who did he win against twice this season?
Yes I know, but you've pointed out that it took him 6 attempts to win at our place - why focus on that when you're suppose to be saying how great and focussed he is? No biggie, as I say, I agree with your underlying point, it's just a very strange choice of example and wording...

Every time I read this thread

that70s-show-kitty.gif

Yes I know, but you've pointed out that it took him 6 attempts to win at our place - why focus on that when you're suppose to be saying how great and focussed he is? No biggie, as I say, I agree with your underlying point, it's just a very strange choice of example and wording...
If my posts are too bizarre then seriously don't read them. But that isn't everything I was pointing out. I was trying to be polite so I don't get jumped on for being an Ange hater, but honestly, do you actually not understand that Pep won 2 out of 2 against Ange, and lost 5 times to 4 other managers, or are you just ignoring that fact? When I say who is Pep beating? I don't mean Spurs do I? Is it the Tottenham crowd? The players? Or is it our winning manager who the media says is a winner? Because I think it is the latter.

And why would I bring that up in a thread about Ange going to the media? I don't know. Maybe because Pep hates the media and is better than Ange. And if you are saying Pep is shit for not beating Mourinho or Conte, then what does that make Ange? The same Ange who is in the media as a winner and all the Tottenham fans are wrong for standing up to on one occasion during 5 out of 6 losses.

I don’t really think it will affect hos ability to do his job at Spurs come pre-season, though I can see the benefit of a full on rest.

What I can't get my head around is his motivation to do it, financially surely he has no need for it, so I can only imagine it's because he craves the spotlight? Does that matter to his ability to do the Spurs job? No, not really, but it's not an overly desirable trait either...

Personally, if I were in that position, I'd be spending my 6 week holidays by a beach doing absolutely fuck all, not sat in a studio bored to tears by whatever drab 0-0 draw ITV pick up for their Tuesday lunch time viewing, surrounded by endless interchangeable gobshites spouting hollow soundbites.

Back
Top Bottom