Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to get players fit. There isn't a problem with the formation we are playing, its the players that are available? Eriksen and Holby are always going to be a weak partnership in the middle. To think we have players to return, I'm excited. Players getting injured is an AVB legacy me thinks.
Walker misses next game?
Bull-fucking-shit.

I don't want to get carried away about Bentaleb just yet but I really want to see Lamela playing week-in, week out for a while. What's the point in him being our record signing if he doesn't get a game?

Positive and relevant pre-season training regime plus having decent medical recovery unit has a lot to do with it!

Not a very inspiring performance and certainly some head scratching choices by Sherwood, but in the 4 years since West Brom has been back in the Premier League we've won one and tied 3 (2-2. 1-0, 1-1 and 1-1) against them at home. This is hardly(sadly) an abnormal result.

Should we be disappointed in the result? Yep. But it's hardly a sign of the doors falling off.

erik looked confident when he came on, wanted the ball and always looked to drive forwards. a complete role reversal between him and chadli since sunday. what happened to our gung ho we'll score more than you tactic that we had? our defence was so shit today and i don't remember too much from soldado or ade. i knew from the 60th minute onwards that we weren't going to score another goal

Positives from today:

Eriksen started to look like the player we expected.

Lamela looked confident when he came on

Full backs were good...again

Centre backs were awful, but we only conceded 1

That's probably about it

capoue/chadli weren't needed. the rest I firmly believe will come good.

Lamela purchase for that much with the emerging Townsend ?

Why not spend that money on a legitimate CAM who can actually pass ? That is clearly what is missing the most. That final pass in the final 3rd

Positives from today:

Eriksen started to look like the player we expected.

Lamela looked confident when he came on

Full backs were good...again

Centre backs were awful, but we only conceded 1

That's probably about it

Hugo continued to save us too! Except for that you're right.. that's literally a whole summary of the game

Lamela purchase for that much with the emerging Townsend ?

Why not spend that money on a legitimate CAM who can actually pass ? That is clearly what is missing the most. That final pass in the final 3rd
I think we were looking for that but there wasn't much available who'd be willing to come to us so we looked at someone who in the future should be able to become that type of world class player. Eriksen and Lamela are both only 21 which means they should be 5 or 6 years from their peak.. I think they are the best two purchases we made

Also remember that he's not just a winger and played in the middle a few times for Roma in the cup last year IIRC, I think we want him to emerge as a player that can play anywhere across the middle 3 as Bale was going to.. it's just going to take more time.

A 442 with inverted Wingers will never work.

Chadli and Siggy rarely present any threat down the wing and it just makes Spurs look predictable.

Looking forward to AL and AT getting healthy and adding that bite down the wing in this formation. Just need to have a legitimate CDM to protect our 2 CBs as our Fullbacks add their attack

I think we were looking for that but there wasn't much available who'd be willing to come to us so we looked at someone who in the future should be able to become that type of world class player. Eriksen and Lamela are both only 21 which means they should be 5 or 6 years from their peak.. I think they are the best two purchases we made

Also remember that he's not just a winger and played in the middle a few times for Roma in the cup last year IIRC, I think we want him to emerge as a player that can play anywhere across the middle 3 as Bale was going to.. it's just going to take more time.

The more i watch Lamela, the more he does look like he should operate in the middle.

He is tidy in possession in tight spaces which will benefit him. His touch looks very good where he can offer up that final pass. But to someone's earlier point, Lamela needs to consistent minutes to get some consistent form.

He plays vs Southampton. Nothing great, but a start. GIve him a run today especially with AT and AL out injured. Instead we get the club's biggest 2 passengers in Chadli and Siggy and we wonder why Lamela can't find his stride.Give him some 5 or 6 games and lets see what we truly have (at least at the moment)

Eriksen ? Did you watch today ? Spurs new box to box CM.

That's because of the formation Sherwood is playing. There is no out and out CAM in a 442 like Sherwood has us playing with 2 banks of 4. Maybe if we played fucking Capoue the other CM would have less tracking back to do but that's not how our new saviour is setting us up.

Back
Top Bottom