Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WILL WE WIN?

• Total voters
I dunno what is more amazing... Winning up at OT in consecutive seasons (after half a generation of trying) or the fact that petty squabbles STILL manage to find their way through, to somehow tarnish the occasion, and make it feel as if the game was a 90minute inconvenient disruption to your bickering!!!

Remember that old '70s gag about some fighting at a football match being abandoned for an hour-and-a-half when a game broke out?? ....well THAT!

Listen to yourselves fellas!
Fuck you. You stole my pint! :adestare:

Great result, but what was up with Sherwood's subs?

Kane n Bentaleb were both clearly in over their heads. And Chadli was a turnover machine.
its because there is nobody else... kane was brought on because adebayor was injured.. so saving soldado for Saturdays game as defoe is also injured.
as with bentaleb..saving capoues fitness!

Im amazed that considering our dip, poor performances, losing points at home, being crap, sacking AVB, and top four winning every week. We are only 3 points off top 4. Let's hope we can keep this form up. My only fear is TS is unable to change things when the oppersistion works us out. That's when we will know how good he and we are. Tim, live long and prosper. COYS

Im amazed that considering our dip, poor performances, losing points at home, being crap, sacking AVB, and top four winning every week. We are only 3 points off top 4. Let's hope we can keep this form up. My only fear is TS is unable to change things when the oppersistion works us out. That's when we will know how good he and we are. Tim, live long and prosper. COYS
I dare say there's probably less of a problem with them working us out because we are more an unknown quantity under Timmy since his game plan isn't as rigid. The beauty of less tactics I guess! Players more unpredictable.

It's not as if we are predictable though.For example, I thought our fullbacks were incredibly disciplined last night, can't really remember seeing Walker or Rose bombing forward as much as usual, they weren't leaving much space behind them, areas where the opposition usually target. Against West Brom and Stoke our fullbacks seemed to spend more time in the opposition half than their own.

its because there is nobody else... kane was brought on because adebayor was injured.. so saving soldado for Saturdays game as defoe is also injured.
as with bentaleb..saving capoues fitness!

Would have rather seen Lamela come on instead of Kane. Understand the idea was to have the bigger Kane hold up play in the final 3rd, but he didnt really manage to do anything but waste time by kicking the ball in to touch.

First time Ive been impressed with Sherwood, and it wasnt for the result (which is of course amazing).

West Ham I thought was a comedy, absolutely shocking
SCBC I thought was a good result but no real improvement on West Ham performance wise, had to watch it from behind my hands
WBA I didnt see, but reading up on it seems it was hardly inspiring stuff
Stoke was a good performance, but hard to judge considering Stoke are shite. It was at least positive, more controlled and still with the attacking intent.

Yesterday took us a while to get going, but from about 20 minutes to 70 I thought we were outstanding. The movement in the team was excellent, top quality stuff, and the attack looks like it can score every time it moves up the field. We have always been good counter attacking, and at the moment look superb - While defensively we rode our luck a little at times but it was luck well earned.

The last 20 minutes, effort and gusto aside, I wasnt so impressed - and Im glad Sherwood said as much in his post match comments.

I thought taking Capoue off was a bad decision (assuming it wasnt based upon injury), given it was inevitable they would come at us and he was doing an excellent job in breaking things up. I also thought that with Utd loading their attack at the expense of defence he could be the key in winning the ball and hitting them on the break as he releases the ball so well.

The Chadli sub I thought was fair, and while bringing Kane on always looked strange Soldado must have been wrecked from all the work he put in (and as our only fit striker he does need protecting). Bentaleb was the only one that bothered me, and while he did well for himself it was clear taking Capoue off would ceed territory to a Utd team looking to take it.

Ive been pretty strong in my views about Sherwoods performances so far, so its only fair I compliment where its due.

I thought he did bloody well today. I loved that he has balanced out the team more, introduced Capoue but not lost any attacking impetus. Its the first time we have looked like a "complete" team under him, not grossly lacking in one way or another (while there is still obviously plenty to work on). I also liked his attitude post match, he clearly wants more and more from this lot, and it seems they all enjoy playing for him.

Im looking forward to the Woolwich game now, I was dreading it 24 hours ago

that pic looks like they are both photoshopped in it , kinda weird.

btw very good point about the full backs , dont know if it is down to tactical advice by TS or because the united wingers kept them back but they were disciplined even if Rose was a bit lost at times - Walker played a superb and concentrated game but he is helped by the fact that Lennon has the work ethic of a farmhorse

Would have rather seen Lamela come on instead of Kane. Understand the idea was to have the bigger Kane hold up play in the final 3rd, but he didnt really manage to do anything but waste time by kicking the ball in to touch.

To be fair to Kane, that was almost as funny as when Lloris decided to kamikaze header the ball 30 yards.
Made the substitution worthwhile for that alone.

Back
Top Bottom