Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't say they had more talent but both are more effective wide players than Lamela for this league. Look, toss all you want on the blow up picture of the back of his neck and try and get it on that tattoo all u want but I'm telling you facts, Lamela can't handle it here and he wants off. So get your wanks in early!
You sir, are being a knob.

we will look back on today in the same light as we did when we where about to sell bale to birmingham...erik lamela will be a huge player for spurs one day but just like bale, it will take time.

we will look back on today in the same light as we did when we where about to sell bale to birmingham...erik lamela will be a huge player for spurs one day but just like bale, it will take time.
I'm confused, has something been announced?? Really hope not....

Lamela will end up being 10 times the fuckn footballer Lennon and Townsend are combined tbh

we've handled a world class talent like some absolute mugs
Don't agree, I think Townsend will be a top class player if we play things right with him. Townsend on the left (I think he can play there) and Lamela on the right in a couple years would be dreamy.

Townsend is decent at beating his man and has a decent delivery... why he hasn't had a run left wing is a mystery to me.

With Eriksen behind a single striker, Townsend left and Lamela/Lennon on the right, you have to think we're going to create some chances......

Just wait and see, from the looks of it, all depends on the offers from the Italian clubs, if someone stumps up a good enough deal for a transfer it looks as if it's on but Tottenham aren't interested in any loan deals. So right now the agent is in Italy seeing what the best offers are because 100% Lamela has indicated his preference is to go back!

The ball is in Tottenham's court but Levy has instructed Baldini to listen to serious offers for a sale. Inter who now have an Indonesian owner are desperate but they look the least likely with Juve leading the negotiations at this stage although Lazio & Roma are both interested. The brother Twitter is just good PR just like the extra training pics and the usual nonesense about loving the fans and the badge etc

Let's wait and see what happens but this one seems to be 100% player agitating for a move back to his comfort zone.

You do realise that your posts are almost completely made up in your head, right?

your right in that i cant see sherwood going 4-3-3 as he seems intent on having both ade and soldado up top...given de boer is heavily linked does anyone know his philosophy on inverted winger/wing forwards? im assuming he plays 4-2-3-1 but anything else?

De Boer plays 4-3-3, occasionally 3-4-3.

Not that 2-3 midfield thing. No, 3 midfielders, three forwards, of whom two are wide players.

Don't agree, I think Townsend will be a top class player if we play things right with him. Townsend on the left (I think he can play there) and Lamela on the right in a couple years would be dreamy.

Townsend has the pace (and a suprising strenght too, this season) and to be a poor mans Gareth Bale, only without the long range precision missiles.

What AT does so well like Bale is carry the ball from first to final third due to the vast space behind and around players there, in particular on counterattacks. That ability to take the ball that far within seconds and force the opposition from attack to defence, effectively forcing their 10 outfield players back 20-30-40-50 yards in one rush, that is worth gold to a team like us under pressure.

Obviously work in progress, final ball so erratic and decisionmaking suspect, to say the least :townhmm:

What AT does so well like Bale is carry the ball from first to final third due to the vast space behind and around players there, in particular on counterattacks. That ability to take the ball that far within seconds and force the opposition from attack to defence, effectively forcing their 10 outfield players back 20-30-40-50 yards in one rush, that is worth gold to a team like us under pressure.

Good point, and this is where we've been absolutely stuck against certain teams, and this isn't a new problem for us either. It seems like the best strategy against a team like Spurs is to just pack the box because we can't just figure out how to deal with it well. Townsend does have that ability and we need someone who can do that to help open up movement and alleys for Soldado to make his moves up top.

Walker Vertonghen Chiriche Rose
----------Sandro----Dembele------
Lamela-----Holtby-----Eriksen----
-----------Adebayor------------------

There are so many ****** awesome line ups and I really do believe in this squad of players. We saw Paulinho do well after a good break against stoke, we have seen Motm performances for chiriches, we have seen Capoue destroy swansea's passing football, we have seen eriksen take down united. We just need to give the players a real run in the team , Soldado has had his go and isn't delivering the goods, nor is townsend.

Walker Vertonghen Chiriche Rose
----------Sandro----Dembele------
Lamela-----Holtby-----Eriksen----
-----------Adebayor------------------

There are so many ****** awesome line ups and I really do believe in this squad of players. We saw Paulinho do well after a good break against stoke, we have seen Motm performances for chiriches, we have seen Capoue destroy swansea's passing football, we have seen eriksen take down united. We just need to give the players a real run in the team , Soldado has had his go and isn't delivering the goods, nor is townsend.

Agree with all of this, except about Townsend. Similar to Lennon, in that he may not put up stats but he's literally a gamechanger with his approach.

Agree with all of this, except about Townsend. Similar to Lennon, in that he may not put up stats but he's literally a gamechanger with his approach.

Every time I see townsend move forward, it feels like he is going to do something but he ultimately makes a poor decision in the final 3rd (shoots over the bar) or goes around the entire defence before passing the ball back. The premier league is physical ,so I can understand why you would go with a more physical player but Lamela is the one who I believe (with confidence and a run of games) will be carving open defences along with eriksen (who was injured a while).

Technical ability and reading the game is the hardest to acquire rather than becoming 'physical players'. Lamela can bulk up over time and learn the language. but after watching Lennon for many years his creativity and passes are one dimensional and easy to defend.

Every time I see townsend move forward, it feels like he is going to do something but he ultimately makes a poor decision in the final 3rd (shoots over the bar) or goes around the entire defence before passing the ball back. The premier league is physical ,so I can understand why you would go with a more physical player but Lamela is the one who I believe (with confidence and a run of games) will be carving open defences along with eriksen (who was injured a while).

Technical ability and reading the game is the hardest to acquire rather than becoming 'physical players'. Lamela can bulk up over time and learn the language. but after watching Lennon for many years his creativity and passes are one dimensional and easy to defend.

While it's true I'd like to see Lamela bulk up some, it's not what I'm referring to when I mean Townsend is a "gamechanger." When that kid's on the pitch, teams take different measures to adapt to him because he runs at them without any fear. It's true, he doesn't always make the best decision. But who's to say Lamela will necessarily adapt more than Townsend will? One year of blowing up the Italian league?

While it's true I'd like to see Lamela bulk up some, it's not what I'm referring to when I mean Townsend is a "gamechanger." When that kid's on the pitch, teams take different measures to adapt to him because he runs at them without any fear. It's true, he doesn't always make the best decision. But who's to say Lamela will necessarily adapt more than Townsend will? One year of blowing up the Italian league?

if you could take townsends dribbling skills and confidence going forward and fused that with Lamela's shooting and passing skills, you would umm I dunno GARETH BALE haha.
Yeh I do agree, Townsend is a game changer in that respect but the problem is we really need GOALS, Alongside someone like rooney as we have seen for England Townsend creates a lot of space for a top class striker but we need something different.

if you could take townsends dribbling skills and confidence going forward and fused that with Lamela's shooting and passing skills, you would umm I dunno GARETH BALE haha.
Yeh I do agree, Townsend is a game changer in that respect but the problem is we really need GOALS, Alongside someone like rooney as we have seen for England Townsend creates a lot of space for a top class striker but we need something different.
Townsend has goals in him, I'm certain if Sherwood gives him a go he'll be quality for us. He has all the attributes to be quality imo.

Me britches got a bit tight at the prospect of such a hybrid. And you're absolutely right, Townsend's impact was more than profound in the England side.

Back
Top Bottom