OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's only just turned 19. Don't generally want to be relying on a player until he is 21 or 22.

I agree, completely. Which is why we have class solutions in Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue.

But, more importantly - does Timmeh know this? Seems he is favouring Bentaleb over better (IMO) options.

Is his time wid' da yoooof blinding his managerial objectiveness?

I agree, completely. Which is why we have class solutions in Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho/Capoue.

But, more importantly - does Timmeh know this? Seems he is favouring Bentaleb over better (IMO) options.

Is his time wid' da yoooof blinding his managerial objectiveness?
Sandro and Paulinho are both out, Dembele has been playing. It's only Capoue that he's left out which imo isn't that big a deal as he hasn't looked anything special to me.

Sandro and Paulinho are both out, Dembele has been playing. It's only Capoue that he's left out which imo isn't that big a deal as he hasn't looked anything special to me.

So Bentaleb is more adept at starting a cup derby game than an experienced French international (Capoue)? Who IMO is a powerhouse and one of our most underrated players

So Bentaleb is more adept at starting a cup derby game than an experienced French international (Capoue)? Who IMO is a powerhouse and one of our most underrated players

From what I have heard Capoue has a real attitude problem, something which TS won't tolerate. Just by watching Capoue warm up you can see just how arrogant he is.

Bentaleb has done very well since he has come in an was arguably our best player against Palace.

I don't think he should have started the cup game but other than that I've agreed with his inclusion. He's done nothing to deserve to be dropped.

I don't think he should have started the cup game but other than that I've agreed with his inclusion. He's done nothing to deserve to be dropped.

Agreed that Bentaleb is being looked at too much as the scapegoat for that loss, but the reality was that that midfield duo was never going to stand up against Woolwich's midfield. We should have played a third CM in that game. Would've made a world of difference IMO. We looked frustrated from the beginning because we were entirely ineffective in disrupting their central ball movement.

From what I have heard Capoue has a real attitude problem, something which TS won't tolerate. Just by watching Capoue warm up you can see just how arrogant he is.

Bentaleb has done very well since he has come in an was arguably our best player against Palace.

Can you share/link the source of this info please? Changes everything if true.

Tbf, 12 months ago when he was looking to move from the French league, he was saying that he wanted to be in the French WC Squad and he was ambitious. We've signed him ahead of Woolwich, and now he's sat on the bench while a French lad that's unfamiliar to most is getting picked ahead of him.

Not saying it's unjustified at all, but it's inevitably going to piss off all but the most professional

Yup, he had loads of clubs after him and he chose us. He was great against Palace and Swansea early on in the season before his injury. Think he's been treated unfairly.. unless what they're saying about his attitude and what has been said in the papers about Tim finding some of our players lazy in training

you lot don't live it, you could never understand because you're opinions are shaped through third parties. You don't have you're own or family handed down memories only those you have been transmitted to via the media or online or through publications. You don't get up in the morning listing to football, goto work talking about football, take your children to play or watch football, all this for generations not just for a few seasons since NBC, Fox Soccer or whatever bullocks network with 5th rate pundits talking nonesense
Most English 'football fans' have been shaped by Sky Sports. Thats all they know. Since 1992 when the PL started so was Sky Sports getting popular (Utd winning the league since the 60's/ Chelshite no better than WHU). Memories handed down are all exaggerated and over stated 'not as good as in my day nonsense' . We as supporters are controlled by the media and shaped to take in what they want us to know and understand. The media would let us know that the PL is the best in the world, they do that because they are selling it. Its far form the best, never has been. Foreign players come here at the end of their career. We have never had a stable of top world class players but no doubt you will tell me different (so fed by the media).
We should welcome over sea support get their indifferent opinions and ideas. If you want passion go to Italy of Germany and see it for real. last year I was at Pauli Hamburg, an atmosphere charged more than anything in the PL.

Bentaleb deserved to start, I was glad he started, and I hope he starts v Swansea.

Why so many people don't rate him/want him to be loaned out is beyond me. I just hope Tim sticks with him, it's been a major plus for Tim's management style.

IIRC Perryman was 17 when he made his debut. I was there, we lost at home to Sunderland. But people were full of praise for Stevie P, and wanted him to continue playing for us, not loaning him out. In those days most/all fans were happy to see 'one of our own' come through the ranks, whatever happened to that quaint idea?

Bentaleb deserved to start, I was glad he started, and I hope he starts v Swansea.

Why so many people don't rate him/want him to be loaned out is beyond me. I just hope Tim sticks with him, it's been a major plus for Tim's management style.

IIRC Perryman was 17 when he made his debut. I was there, we lost at home to Sunderland. But people were full of praise for Stevie P, ad wanted him to continue playing for us, not loaning him out.

I think it's a double-edged sword. While many people will be happy that we have a 19 year old lad coming from the youth team (albeit not exactly a product of the academy), and he's done well and has justified his place, there is a bit of a side effect....
..that is that we have a few more midfielders who we know carry more reputation and possibly potential. Capoue is just one of them. It's a difficult choice for the manager to make, and it's bound to be unpopular with fans in some quarters.

I think people want him loaned out so he can prove himself and learn a little bit while we make use of the expensive players that are benched, regardless of whether they are performing as well as guys like Bentaleb or not. I don't know where to stand on this, especially if we were fully fit (Sandro, Paulinho)

I think it's a double-edged sword. While many people will be happy that we have a 19 year old lad coming from the youth team (albeit not exactly a product of the academy), and he's done well and has justified his place, there is a bit of a side effect....
..that is that we have a few more midfielders who we know carry more reputation and possibly potential. Capoue is just one of them. It's a difficult choice for the manager to make, and it's bound to be unpopular with fans in some quarters.

I think people want him loaned out so he can prove himself and learn a little bit while we make use of the expensive players that are benched, regardless of whether they are performing as well as guys like Bentaleb or not. I don't know where to stand on this, especially if we were fully fit (Sandro, Paulinho)

Well that's surely a bit strange, why should a manager persevere with a player at the expense of a player that is performing on the basis that the player that isn't performing is a big name with international experience.

It doesn't seem right to me, but then again I'm probably contradicting myself because I've said in the past Lamela should be played more even when he hasn't impressed.

Most English 'football fans' have been shaped by Sky Sports. Thats all they know. Since 1992 when the PL started so was Sky Sports getting popular (Utd winning the league since the 60's/ Chelshite no better than WHU). Memories handed down are all exaggerated and over stated 'not as good as in my day nonsense' . We as supporters are controlled by the media and shaped to take in what they want us to know and understand. The media would let us know that the PL is the best in the world, they do that because they are selling it. Its far form the best, never has been. Foreign players come here at the end of their career. We have never had a stable of top world class players but no doubt you will tell me different (so fed by the media).
We should welcome over sea support get their indifferent opinions and ideas. If you want passion go to Italy of Germany and see it for real. last year I was at Pauli Hamburg, an atmosphere charged more than anything in the PL.
The PL is the best league in the world, I don't care what anyone says. Structurally it doesn't match the Bundesliga, but the quality of games is so much better here imo.

Well that's surely a bit strange, why should a manager persevere with a player at the expense of a player that is performing on the basis that the player that isn't performing is a big name with international experience.

:soldadowatch:
^ this guy

Sometimes the pressure is there as per Torres, Shevchenko etc. I guess some might say that if the "better" player is given playing time he'll find form and it'll justify itself?

Not a clue really, I don't have a strong opinion on Capoue as a player yet, so it'd be for the pro-Capoue, con-Bentaleb lot to answer
:gallashmm:

name me 1 other league that would have 7 teams still in with a decent shot at the league title with over half the season played. Just because our atmosphere isn't as good and our fans aren't as passionate (myth), doesn't mean the league is shit. It's the best league in the world hands down.

Our fans are as passionate as any club's. Knowledgable, funny and wise. Our away support is as good as it can be. Legitimate concerns about the home fans though. Atmosphere poor. People don't seem to realise that, as a supporter, you are an integral part of the game. Too much sitting back and saying 'go on, entertain me'. YOU are a part of the game. Get involved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom