Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0gbx.png
Looks 'shopped

I think its more than fair to chuck it in, considering 16 of the other 19 PL teams had a positive net spend in the last window. We were one of only 4 teams to finish the window with a negative outlay on player purchases. Anyway, even without the 40mill`, were still in the black on transfer fees. IF it should stay that way, it`s hardly a positive indictment of Levy`s ambition to steer us into the champions league is it.
I think when it comes to signings its should be more about quality than quantity. If we are massively in the black by £40 mil, and Capoue, Holtby and Chadli want to leave then sell them, make another £20 million or so and with the £60 million left invest in one or two amazing players that can drive us into the top 4 this season and next. Hell we could steal Draxler under Woolwich's nose, even bid for Canvani, he wants to leave PSG apparently, all our players are good but its world class players of Verts and Sandro's class that drive you up the league not Chadli.

Not sure what Levy's plans are though, don't think anyone but he knows, he is very good at turning a profit on players and thats good for our balance sheets but I always feel like Spurs are just a few signings away from something big and it never quite happens. Guess we just have to wait and see.

I don't think Sandro is world class. Paulinho plays for Brazil, Sandro doesn't, out of the two Paulinho has more claim to be world class.

Verts maybe, Lloris maybe, those are the only two possible world class players in our squad that I'd go for ATM-

I don't know much about Draxler, but I'd be amazed if he chose us over Woolwich, when did that last happen.

I'm not worried about getting world class players in, I think we need a back up keeper, another striker, perhaps a LB. World class additions would be great, but when did we last buy a world class player. Maybe Lloris, maybe Verts. The last world class attacker/mid, no idea.

Last edited:
I don't think Sandro is world class. Paulinho plays for Brazil, Sandro doesn't, out of the two Paulinho has more claim to be world class.

I disagree, Sandro doesn't have the exposure in Brazil that Paulinho has (Paulinho having transferred as established, whilst Sandro was still 'promising', hence the disparity in price).

I personally think Sandro is spurs captain material 10 x over.
Don't anger the beast
:sandro:

Verts maybe, Lloris maybe, those are the only two possible world class players in our squad that I'd go for ATM-

I don't know much about Draxler, but I'd be amazed if he chose us over Woolwich, when did that last happen.

I'm not worried about getting world class players in, I think we need a back up keeper, another striker, perhaps a LB. World class additions would be great, but when did we last buy a world class player. Maybe Lloris, maybe Verts. The last world class attacker/mid, no idea.
Sandro was a key member of Brazil's national team and only missed out on the Confederation Cup because of his knee injury.

Not sure anout gündogan or reus but what about hummels, shmelzer (can join vlad in the broken nose clan), llangerak as a backup keeper?

I think Gündogan will be back in the summer from the injury, i might be wrong thought. Hummels is also injured I think.

Despite those names, if I could get one player ( realistic POV ) it would be Durm. Great left back!

Back
Top Bottom