Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Top marks to Sherwood for mixing it up and not being afraid to drop players if he feels they aren't performing or if others would be better suited to a system.

If Adebayor can maintain this form my word this season may be fruitful after all.

Saw the team sheet and thought "WTF?!" but have to say Im quite liking what I see.

Still suicidal in defence, but a lot better in possession and attack. Bentaleb improved with Capoue behind, Kaboul looking good and who knew DEmbele would be handy on the right?
I liked the shape of our 4-3-3 Vs. Everton, just not how we played.

Glad it's taking 'shape' with performance as it's looking sexy.

Defense is gaining match fitness from injury, I can understand a few errors. Kaboul is looking better than I expected.

Saw the team sheet and thought "WTF?!" but have to say Im quite liking what I see.

Still suicidal in defence, but a lot better in possession and attack. Bentaleb improved with Capoue behind, Kaboul looking good and who knew DEmbele would be handy on the right?
Bizarre performance.

Despite 4 central midfielders NUFC have clear runs on our defence again and again.

Personally, for me defence back 4 drop too much

We've defended quite well a lot of the game, and played very well in midfield, good at closing down, but we made two or three bad defensive errors which could have cost us. Naughton in particular made a terrible sideways pass which was awful.

Lennon should have scored from Walker's cross. His lack of goals/shots still disturbs me; he seems to have no belief in himself in those situations.

Ade has played well. Good play from Bentaleb leading up to the goal.

Important that we close this one down early in the second half.

EDIT: Liverpool LOOSING to Fulham. Fuck yeah!

Capoue needs to do a better job shielding the back four and holding on to the ball. His inclusion has allowed Bentaleb and Paulinho to play further up the pitch which has been effective but he needs to hold up his end of the bargain.

Still ruing Rose's injury. Lots of space on the left that he would be able to take advantage of that Naughton can't.

You can tell Tim really focused on the slow starts. We've come out flying. Everyone is busting their nuts. I think it's almost been a little detrimental and we need to calm down and play with a bit more composure. But it is really good to see Tim make an effective change and indicate he is able to get that level of effort out of the players.

Need to be a little more cultured in the second half but I love how hard we are playing.

Damn that was entertaining. Walker passing to Kaboul in the final third, Bentaleb taking a shot away from Paulinho, Naughton taking shots from 35 yards out. It's utter madness I tell you.

Back
Top Bottom