FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk v. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trying not to overreact, but... I'll be pissed if Soldado is a Spurs player in September. Been backing him all the time, even when he's been missing 100% chances like tonight... But this is it for me. He had all the time in the world and it's a proper strikers job to realise that. Anyone of us in here would have scored that goal. Can he play attacking midfield? He's good at most things except finishing, where he's horrible.

To be fair, I probably could not have scored that goal.

Agreed-one game- after a few weeks off -doesn't make a player a legend. He looked good today. Fair play to him for that.
Yes, it was one game, and yes, it was against our second choice right back.
But this is no knee jerk, when someone says Kono is a decent player. He's got a decent track record, especially on the international stage, where - again I say - he gave Walker a difficult time. Idk, I just think he's better than what we have for those that can ably play on the left wing.

I hate loosing .but in Europe it just seems a bit more annoying with our history .We would so need to improve if we were in the champions league it's scary

We were knocked out of Europa pretty unceremoniously the three years in a row before our Champion's League quarter-final run. I'm not sure our Europa results are telling in regards to potential Champion's league form.

Also for those who thought today was grim, I was just looking back on our last trip to Ukraine in 2009 and the return leg and these were the two lineups Redknapp played.

At Shakhtar: Gomes, Gunter, Huddlestone, Dawson, Chimbonda, Jenas, Zokora, Parrett, Bentley, Gio, Campbell.
At Home: Gomes, Gunter, Chimbonda, Huddlestone, Gilberto, Gio, Palacios, O'Hara, Bale, Campbell, Obika.

:myword:
:harryhmm:

I was really upset with the match more for the fact that old man Friedel played an absolute stormer and showed commitment and passion only for the people protecting him to constantly let him down. Simply suicidal defending last night.

I look forward to seeing everyone wanting Soldado sold to jump on his jock when he comes good, like all those who were calling for Ade's head are riding his now.

The difference is that Ade had proved himself at arse, City and Real Madrid....so while Soldado had a great season last year at Valencia, he hadnt actually done fuck all really before he was 28, and is not adjusting to the PL in any way.

I think the concerns are justified, and people saying his price tag is doesnt matter need their heads checked.

Back
Top Bottom