Starting to forget the feeling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 years ago today, spurs 5 newcastle 0

The beginning of the end...

I don't get to go to many games, but was lucky enough to be there that night. Magical atmosphere.

Like you, I look back on that as our high point of modern times. It's been mostly misery and apathetic performances since then (even if we still picked up some great results).

They were something like 9 points behind Barca at one point...THIS season. BEFORE Bale joined. It lit a fire under them because with Modders, they went from champs then didn't win a damn thing. Anyway, if you want me to discuss his brand of creativity go ahead and start a thread. I'll leave it at this: Gareth Bale: 16 league goals and 10 league assists. He was the player they needed. Not Modders who was voted worst signing.

Because they play in the same position??

Did you even read that link? Modric outperform practically every player at Madrid last season with exception of Ronaldo.

You do know that up to 10 players can be involved the build up play to a goal? Just because they don't get an "assist" doesn't mean anything.

Like I said, he made 56 chances last season and has made 39 already this season. It's not down to modric to finish them and make them an "assist", it's the player he's passing to.

P.S. I assume you've shut up about Defoe now you've been proved wrong?

Does anyone have the video of that with commentary? Doesn't seem to be on YouTube, although I haven't looked for a while..

Was at the 2-1 last year, fell down the stairs when the second went in. Going on Sunday but really struggling to be optimistic. I know the feeling though, it does feel like forever since we had a good win against a rival.

ooooooooooooooooooo what a goal

its danny roseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee on his premier league debut

They were something like 9 points behind Barca at one point...THIS season. BEFORE Bale joined. It lit a fire under them because with Modders, they went from champs then didn't win a damn thing. Anyway, if you want me to discuss his brand of creativity go ahead and start a thread. I'll leave it at this: Gareth Bale: 16 league goals and 10 league assists. He was the player they needed. Not Modders who was voted worst signing.

BBC Sport - Luka Modric: Real Madrid midfielder outshining the rest

Modric filling Ozil's boots at Real Madrid - Real Madrid News from ...

Modric's rise to prominence has given Ancelotti a key weapon in his ...

Lowe: Luka Modric's value at Real Madrid finally appreciated by Sid ...

This was from googling modric... i looked on 2 pages and narrowed the search to just the last month. But go ahead... continue... tell us more about how awful Modric has been. Please, do continue.

Why do you use backdated copies of the Daily Mail to prove your increasingly desperate points? It's almost like you're trying to humiliate yourself. I don't know how much football you watch in Florida, but there are plenty of American TFC'ers that know the score. Try and keep up mate.

Dat Modders that scored vs United in the CL? who quotes MARCA?

Wasn't ratboy voted their most improved player this season?

He's played much much better since bale arrived. Before that they were in a mini crisis. It took one forum who ragged on me a year and a half before they said I told you so regarding modrat and real. How can you fail with bale and Ronaldo next to you? They lost their title after modric signed. They had to sign the most expensive player in wold history to right their ship.

It had nothing to do with Barcelona winning 32 of their 38 games that season, losing only twice in the process. Nothing to do with Mourinho falling out with Marca and half the squad.

Nothing at all.

It was all Modric's fault. Naughty Modric.

I guess Gibbsy was right all along.... shame on SC

He's played much much better since bale arrived. Before that they were in a mini crisis. It took one forum who ragged on me a year and a half before they said I told you so regarding modrat and real. How can you fail with bale and Ronaldo next to you? They lost their title after modric signed. They had to sign the most expensive player in wold history to right their ship.
You're saying that Modric singlehandedly cost them the title?

You need help, son

You're saying that Modric singlehandedly cost them the title?

He didn't help. I mean their fans voted him worst signing of the season. In fact the special one had to take him aside for separate training because he was not clicking. Just like the start of our season where he was a flop and we had the worst ever start to the prem. It took him six months and many positions to play well and we had to keep shuffling Modric like we did Holtby. In the end Redknapp put him on the left and he started playing well because like Real, we had to break our Jan transfer record to right the ship.

Last edited:
This is how I imagine 'Gibbsy' when you say Modric is quality

tumblr_lgzt8kAvZm1qzasal.gif

It had nothing to do with Barcelona winning 32 of their 38 games that season, losing only twice in the process. Nothing to do with Mourinho falling out with Marca and half the squad.

Nothing at all.

It was all Modric's fault. Naughty Modric.

I guess Gibbsy was right all along.... shame on SC

We got CL football when Modric broke his leg and missed a third of that season. Niko came in and started scoring and assisting for fun. We did not miss a beat. If Niko can fill a rat sized hole, is he really that good?

I mean he's good, but he's not the saviour everyone thinks he is. It's my opinion. Backed by stats that when Modric did not play, our prem win ratio/points remained the same. I mean he left and the next season we got a better points total in the prem. He's just a LOT more attractive to watch.

You lot miss his style. Results wise we don't miss a beat without Modric.

Back
Top Bottom