Starting to forget the feeling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB has been disagreeing with your posts?:avbmad:

Don't blame him :avblol:

My internet works without leg power, so I don't need to run to click the red cross. I recall I clicked the button because I disagreed with your intrepid post whereby you slate everyone in the club.

Strangely enough, I disagreed with it :avblol:

You seem to go from "I love all our players" to "they're all wankers" in the space of once sentence.. Am I supposed to find it inspiring?

Yes it is obvious. You have been running around clicking the disagree button to my posts too. I've hurt you two deeply...Don't tell me I have to deal with you two constantly derailing shite because you can't handle what was said in other threads? Please save me from your tears.
Because you post ridiculous opinions in most threads :adethumbup:

Ive agreed with a few things you've said. But for the most part you post weak opinions.. your opinions are like your view on our flashy players.
All flash but lack the finish.

Considering Townsend and Lennon have been injured a fair amount recently its bizarre you keep blaming them seemingly just for being English. How about Vertonghens disgraceful attitude? He's a far superior player to Dawson... but id rather have a team of Dawsons fighting for 90 minutes for a win, than a team of sulky belgians, going through the motions and then storming off as soon as the whistle goes.

Or Dembele? Haven't seen you bring him up... his lack of goals and decisiveness is quite costly. But he's not english so fuck him. Cant be his fault?

I'm starting to see why everyone on SC thought you turned every thread into the Gibbs thread...

I'm starting to forget the feeling of a topic that stayed on topic

:adeohshit:

Ive agreed with a few things you've said. But for the most part you post weak opinions.. your opinions are like your view on our flashy players.
All flash but lack the finish.

Considering Townsend and Lennon have been injured a fair amount recently its bizarre you keep blaming them seemingly just for being English. How about Vertonghens disgraceful attitude? He's a far superior player to Dawson... but id rather have a team of Dawsons fighting for 90 minutes for a win, than a team of sulky belgians, going through the motions and then storming off as soon as the whistle goes.

Or Dembele? Haven't seen you bring him up... his lack of goals and decisiveness is quite costly. But he's not english so fuck him. Cant be his fault?

Lennon and Townsend have been mostly attacking players. And they have been shit at attacking. Dembele was mostly used as a general DM/general by AVB. At least Dembele can last 90 mins and win other battles and does not make us paper thin off the ball.

I respect Demebe. Mind blown? I think Tim had a good idea where he started to play him in a more attacking role but injuries to others had him back into water carrying mode.

Why do you think we have terrible records from scoring corners etc? If he had played Eriksen and Lamela, Eriksen would be taking them and only having one tiny dancer on the pitch would up our chances. But no, we are taking corner with Rose, Lamela, Holtby, Lennon, and Townsend making us look like a girls team. Lennon, Rose and Townsend give us NOTHING: Its WORSE than nothing, they are liabilities and give the ball away constantly be it the wrong pass in the final third, shit crosses, scuffed shots at goal or just falling over. I say worse than nothing because playing them holds back the Lamelas, Holtbies and Eriksens of the team. The same way Lennon kept out GDS, another player could be rotting.

I'm starting to see why everyone on SC thought you turned every thread into the Gibbs thread...

I'm starting to forget the feeling of a topic that stayed on topic

:adeohshit:
Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif

How is it ridiculous? Lennon, Townsend and Defoe scoring 3 goals this season? I predicted that BEFORE the season by the way. Actually I did not even think they would be THIS bad in the final third.

Ramsey 8 prem goals, Walcott 5, Ozil 4, Carzola 4...On what planet is what I claim when Carzola has more goals than all three attacking English player we have ridiculous? THEY ARE THE MAIN REASON SOLDADO GOT STARVED. Braindead terrible crosses and no link up player whatsoever with the poor bastard.

Do you want links to all of the 1000's of posts where I back Vert, Walker, Lloris, Ade, Paulinho, Sandro, Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Vlad, Capoue, Chadli, Dembele etc? Hell I can show you threads where they have had mares, are getting torn apart and I stand up for them. These are most of the core players I mentioned in my original post that have been diluted.

I can also show you posts where I do the opposite for the players I have blasted who have come up short (sic) Defoe, Rose, Naughton, Lennon etc etc. I'd hate to bust your smug bubble though.

Want to address what I claimed before the season started? That Townsend, Lennon, Defoe, Rose would ruin our season?

Or do you think 3 prem goals between them is a positive thing and Soldados goal drought had nothing to do with predictable build up?

I'm sure you did. Here's another of your predictions.

low.png

Fuck me was I wrong! I said he would be a good signing for a slower league!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...x-Song-voted-worst-signings-season-Spain.html

"Top of the flops! Modric and Song voted worst signings of the season in Spain"

What sucks even more, Real were so bad they had to break their transfer record to get Bale to save their season! Result: Ozil was sold to the scum. That little rat has a lot to answer for.

Want to address what I claimed before the season started? That Townsend, Lennon, Defoe, Rose would ruin our season?

Or do you think 3 prem goals between them is a positive thing and Soldados goal drought had nothing to do with predictable build up?

Defoe has 3 premier league starts and several 10 min run outs and he's a flop...

Mr "Super Predictor" seems to forget the other 9 goals he's had...

23 appearances 10 goals, 1,173 mins played.

Thats a goal every 117.3 mins. Or in normal terms, one goal every 1.3 games

But you're the expert....

(P.S. Danny Rose is a left back, not really a goal scorer per se.)

Fuck me was I wrong! I said he would be a good signing for a slower league!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...x-Song-voted-worst-signings-season-Spain.html

"Top of the flops! Modric and Song voted worst signings of the season in Spain"

What sucks even more, Real were so bad they had to break their transfer record to get Bale to save their season! Result: Ozil was sold to the scum. That little rat has a lot to answer for.

That article was Dec 2012. Are you mad? He's currently favourite to win the Spanish player of the season.

Lennon and Townsend have been mostly attacking players. And they have been shit at attacking. Dembele was mostly used as a general DM/general by AVB. At least Dembele can last 90 mins and win other battles and does not make us paper thin off the ball.

I respect Demebe. Mind blown? I think Tim had a good idea where he started to play him in a more attacking role but injuries to others had him back into water carrying mode.

Why do you think we have terrible records from scoring corners etc? If he had played Eriksen and Lamela, Eriksen would be taking them and only having one tiny dancer on the pitch would up our chances. But no, we are taking corner with Rose, Lamela, Holtby, Lennon, and Townsend making us look like a girls team. Lennon, Rose and Townsend give us NOTHING: Its WORSE than nothing, they are liabilities and give the ball away constantly be it the wrong pass in the final third, shit crosses, scuffed shots at goal or just falling over. I say worse than nothing because playing them holds back the Lamelas, Holtbies and Eriksens of the team. The same way Lennon kept out GDS, another player could be rotting.

ok... here we go...

1: Lennon does a lot of defensive work. Especially for a right winger. its becoming the best part of his game. Which yes, is probably not great, however the beauty of having Lennon on the right is that he has Walker behind. Those two link up, How many times do we see Lennon driving at a left back, walker bombs past, and Lennon plays a through ball. It happens a lot. So in summary... Lennon doesn't leave us "Soft off the ball"

2: you're judging everyone by hard stats, assists, goals etc. But theres 11 men on a pitch with many jobs to do. If it was all about assists and goals, games would be finishing 17-12. Look at Modric, yeah, he got the odd assist and goal... but the beauty of his play, was more that he got the assist, of the assist.

3: your point about corners is insane. You're saying that Eriksen and Lamela being on the pitch would change how many "tiny dancer" players would be on the pitch. Lamela is 6ft, but hardly known for his strength. If he played, it would be at the expense of maybe lennon and Townsend... but more likely in place of a forward, or a midfielder. The players we want attacking corners, are Adebayor and Soldado.. Dawson Vertonghen.. perhaps Chadli. Well id say if Lamela is on the pitch... under sherwood... its probably at the expense of Soldado Chadli Eriksen, Dembele or Paulinho. Even if Lamela replaces a lennon or Townsend on the wing. How is that going to change anything from corners anyway? With our corners constantly hitting the first man? INCLUDING when Eriksen takes them.
We DO have a slight lack of scoring from set pieces problem... but i don't think dropping Lennon is going to solve that?

4: i don't think I've made my point properly with number 3 so let me elaborate...

"If he had played Eriksen and Lamela, Eriksen would be taking them and only having one tiny dancer on the pitch would up our chances. But no, we are taking corner with Rose, Lamela, Holtby, Lennon, and Townsend making us look like a girls team."

That makes NO sense. firstly... Holtby is at Fulham and was hardly first 11. secondly... Lennon Townsend Holtby and tbh... even Lamela are more known for taking corners id say. and if they aren't... they're usually the kinda players hanging outside the box waiting for the second ball. ALSO.... You'd be hard pressed to find an example when all those players on the pitch for us at once.

5: "Lennon, Rose and Townsend give us NOTHING"
at this point you went full retard. especially when you went on to say that... Rose being in the team is keeping out Holtby lamela and Eriksen...
You should try watching some football my friend.

6: "The same way Lennon kept out GDS, another player could be rotting."

Absolute joke. Your ridiculous agenda against english players blinding you once again.
The same Lennon who's one of our longest serving players. Definite "fan favourite".
a little look on wikipedia...
  • Tottenham Hotspur 'Player Of The Year': 2008–09
  • Tottenham Hotspur 'Young Player Of The Year': 2005–06, 2008–09
  • PFA Young Player of the Year (nominated): 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09

against Gio Dos Santos... who's currently tearing it up... where... Villareal... not madrid or barca.. villareal.
This gio http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/143102/Tottenham-Harry-Redknapp-warns-Giovani-dos-Santos
yeah? the same Gio that made 15 league appearances for us in 4 years.

i don't even know what to say mate. You've had a mare. Do you ever think... Lennon kept him out of the team because.. he was a better player? with the right attitude?

He saved their season after it had ended?
:llorishuh:

remind me again how bad Modric's first season was?

88% pass accuracy and 56 chances created over 33 games

http://www.squawka.com/players/luka...#season-2012/2013#4#all-matches#1-38#by-match

They were something like 9 points behind Barca at one point...THIS season. BEFORE Bale joined. It lit a fire under them because with Modders, they went from champs then didn't win a damn thing. Anyway, if you want me to discuss his brand of creativity go ahead and start a thread. I'll leave it at this: Gareth Bale: 16 league goals and 10 league assists. He was the player they needed. Not Modders who was voted worst signing.

How is it ridiculous? Lennon, Townsend and Defoe scoring 3 goals this season? I predicted that BEFORE the season by the way. Actually I did not even think they would be THIS bad in the final third.

Ramsey 8 prem goals, Walcott 5, Ozil 4, Carzola 4...On what planet is what I claim when Carzola has more goals than all three attacking English player we have ridiculous? THEY ARE THE MAIN REASON SOLDADO GOT STARVED. Braindead terrible crosses and no link up player whatsoever with the poor bastard.

because you consistently.. as in like.. every time... ignore facts to suit your own agenda.

Back
Top Bottom