Starting to forget the feeling

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got CL football when Modric broke his leg and missed a third of that season. Niko came in and started scoring and assisting for fun. We did not miss a beat. If Niko can fill a rat sized hole, is he really that good?

I mean he's good, but he's not the saviour everyone thinks he is. It's my opinion. Backed by stats that when Modric did not play, our prem win ratio/points remained the same. I mean he left and the next season we got a better points total in the prem. He's just a LOT more attractive to watch.

You lot miss his style. Results wise we don't miss a beat without Modric.

Just to clarify,

Niko Krancjar is the equal of Luka Modric?

This is how I imagine 'Gibbsy' when you say Modric is quality

tumblr_lgzt8kAvZm1qzasal.gif

What do you think the snipers faces were like in the Modric/general football thread when he got voted worst signing and Real did not win a thing that season? After being champs previously? I suppose we can forget that all happened now that they signed a proper marquee player in Bale. You take Bale's 16 league games, 10 goals and 10 assists away and what would you have?

Hey...Perhaps that remedial training Modric had to do with the special one kicked in a year late?

What do you think the snipers faces were like in the Modric/general football thread when he got voted worst signing and Real did not win a thing that season? After being champs previously? I suppose we can forget that all happened now that they signed a proper marquee player in Bale. You take Bale's 16 league games, 10 goals and 10 assists away and what would you have?

Hey...Perhaps that remedial training Modric had to do with the special one kicked in a year late?

Ladies & Gents, I give you Gibbs131 - Always on hand to keep his replies on topic

SQF3B.jpg

Just to clarify,

Niko Krancjar is the equal of Luka Modric?

You put Niko in Real Madrid with Ronaldo etc in that first season: Do you think he would have ended the season with 3 goals and 3 assists like Modric did? Sure Modrics passing shits all over his, but the game is not all about passing. He leaves a rat sized hole in a lot of other aspects of the game when the going gets tough.

Keep in mind Niko got 6 prem goals and 6 assists with that half a season with Spurs. I think he would have done every bit as bad that Modric did in his first season. Take this season, Modric has had 27 shots at goal in the league. Only 1 goal this season. He's all flash until he gets in the final third then he breaks down. How would that era Kranj had done taking those 27 shots?

How can you be a creative player at Real Madrid...With the best manager in the world...And end up with 3 assists?

But yeah...Enjoy...He IS playing well now, so everyone can pretend that never happened (and Bale happened to them).

You put Niko in Real Madrid with Ronaldo etc in that first season: Do you think he would have ended the season with 3 goals and 3 assists like Modric did? Sure Modrics passing shits all over his, but the game is not all about passing. He leaves a rat sized hole in a lot of other aspects of the game when the going gets tough.

Keep in mind Niko got 6 prem goals and 6 assists with that half a season with Spurs. I think he would have done every bit as bad that Modric did in his first season. Take this season, Modric has had 27 shots at goal in the league. Only 1 goal this season. He's all flash until he gets in the final third then he breaks down. How would that era Kranj had done taking those 27 shots?

How can you be a creative player at Real Madrid...With the best manager in the world...And end up with 3 assists?

But yeah...Enjoy...He IS playing well now, so everyone can pretend that never happened (and Bale happened to them).

You are truly special...

No of course I totally agree...

He's just lighting up the Championship is ol' Niko

Being a midfielder is more than assists and goals, but being a super football brain living some 4,000 miles away from both WHL and the Bernabeu, but remind me again how many assist & goals Krancjar has had in his career, especially compared to modders....

For anyone tempted to believe this joker....

These are the highlights of Luka Modric, the guy who is apparently crap, from a season where he was apparently crap.

I'd show you Krancjar's highlights, but I think he played 2 league games in Russia that season...

Ironically (and to stay on topic) Modric is that feeling you are all missing.

I said it in another thread: The Tottenham Way has warped and morphed into losing with style.

People forget that back then on SC, Modric started every game for me in match threads but I had him in teams where he had protection. The problem I had (and Modric was only a part of it) was that we overloaded the team with skillful players that had a terrible shot and limited end product.

We had Hudd, Modric, Lennon, early Bale etc all playing with style and wowing people but st Totteringhams day kept happening and we could not get CL apart from that one season where Modric broke his leg and Kranj helped us out big time. So for how fat and clumsy Niko was, he was lopsided and could fill Modrics shoes that season.

AVB and TS is doing it again. Townsend, Lennon etc all flash and no end product. As soon as we drop soft Spurs we can kick on. Kranj would NEVER make my team by the way. I just think its funny that we did not miss a beat and were entertaining when he replaced Modric.

What we need are players with a history of goalscoring. Lennon was put behind the striker? He's had 1 prem goal all season. Townsend has had 50+ league shots? No goals apart from a cross that went in. Hudd was the same...So many shots, terrible goal ratio. Modric...So many shots, terrible scoring record.

Sherwood needs to drop these types of players (not Modric, he would play for me any day but in a protected role). Eriksen and Lamela should have been played when fit by AVB. Because as soft as they can be, at least they can FINISH. One caveat is Soldado. He has a history of goal scoring, but he should be backup. You can't have Lamela and Eriksen in the team plus Soldado. Too many soft Spurs and you will get wildly fluctuating fortunes.

Poor old Modders...Only 27,000 views for his vid? Speaks volumes. Bales vid has almost 2 million views. One was a marquee player, the other was a flop. Now the flop is reaping the rewards of a marquee player. He still only has 6 assists though in the league..How is that possible with Bale and Ronaldo in front of you?

For anyone tempted to believe this joker....

These are the highlights of Luka Modric, the guy who is apparently crap, from a season where he was apparently crap.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.8ddc9851adc6e8681e963fe9071ea21e.c51

Modric blames poor pre-season for bad form (This interview was in Feb of his first season)

MADRID — Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric believes the lack of a proper pre-season is the major reason he has failed to live up to expectations since arriving in the Spanish capital.

The Croatian joined Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur after a prolonged period of transfer negotiations in August for nearly 40 million euros.

And the 27-year-old thinks that not taking a full part in pre-season preparations for either club has influenced his inability to find his best form this season.

"Everyone says the Spanish league is a very technical league and I agree, but it is also very demanding on a physical level," he said.

"It was a very demanding summer. I didn't have a pre-season and that has had an influence.

"I didn't know if I would be going to Real or not, which affected things and the whole team hasn't played like it did last season so this has also complicated things for me.

"But the squad have had a lot of patience with me, they have supported me and I have confidence in my ability. All I have to do is keep working hard every day to improve and things will get better."

With Madrid currently 16 points off league leaders Barcelona many expect Jose Mourinho to rest a few of his stars for the game against Sevilla on Sunday with one eye on their clash with Manchester United in the Champions League on Tuesday.

However, Modric believes their is still an obligation on Madrid to win every time they step on the field.

"We have given our all to win every game but unfortunately we haven't been able to do so. Every team that plays against Real plays to their maximum ability and don't give us space, but we are Real Madrid and we have to try and win every game.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.8ddc9851adc6e8681e963fe9071ea21e.c51

Modric blames poor pre-season for bad form (This interview was in Feb of his first season)

MADRID — Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric believes the lack of a proper pre-season is the major reason he has failed to live up to expectations since arriving in the Spanish capital.

The Croatian joined Madrid from Tottenham Hotspur after a prolonged period of transfer negotiations in August for nearly 40 million euros.

And the 27-year-old thinks that not taking a full part in pre-season preparations for either club has influenced his inability to find his best form this season.

"Everyone says the Spanish league is a very technical league and I agree, but it is also very demanding on a physical level," he said.

"It was a very demanding summer. I didn't have a pre-season and that has had an influence.

"I didn't know if I would be going to Real or not, which affected things and the whole team hasn't played like it did last season so this has also complicated things for me.

"But the squad have had a lot of patience with me, they have supported me and I have confidence in my ability. All I have to do is keep working hard every day to improve and things will get better."

With Madrid currently 16 points off league leaders Barcelona many expect Jose Mourinho to rest a few of his stars for the game against Sevilla on Sunday with one eye on their clash with Manchester United in the Champions League on Tuesday.

However, Modric believes their is still an obligation on Madrid to win every time they step on the field.

"We have given our all to win every game but unfortunately we haven't been able to do so. Every team that plays against Real plays to their maximum ability and don't give us space, but we are Real Madrid and we have to try and win every game.

"I didn't know if I would be going to Real or not, which affected things and the whole team hasn't played like it did last season so this has also complicated things for me."

You're quoting an article where Modric is displaying team comradery and personal improvement, yet you still see this as a way to criticise him.

It's 10AM in Florida, and 4 years later you still have nothing better to do than criticise one of the key players of the team at the top of La Liga on the internet?

It's 10AM in Florida, and 4 years later you still have nothing better to do than criticise one of the key players of the team at the top of La Liga on the internet?

That rat left us the first chance he got. In fact, it was the most drawn out I WANT TO LEAVE in Spurs history.

Look, I get it. You mocked me for claiming Modric had a poor season and post a vid his friends and family watched, I post at interview where he tells you why he's having a bad season and you have a meltdown. You won't listen and it's from the rats mouth.

That rat left us the first chance he got. In fact, it was the most drawn out I WANT TO LEAVE in Spurs history.

Look, I get it. You mocked me for claiming Modric had a poor season and post a vid his friends and family watched, I post at interview where he tells you why he's having a bad season and you have a meltdown. You won't listen and it's from the rats mouth.

Not really, he got told to stay the season before and did so, playing quite well all season in fact

The funny thing is, you say Modders had a bad season, but he actually had a great season that was even bad by his standards.

But slagging him off and calling him names doesn't disguise the fact that the article has ambiguous quotes, in which none say he had a bad season.

Get over it...

Not really, he got told to stay the season before and did so, playing quite well all season in fact

The funny thing is, you say Modders had a bad season, but he actually had a great season....

And he was voted worst signing in the league by fans why?

Back
Top Bottom