DeAndre Yedlin

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The deal is not done and Roma is still in the hunt apparently. Greg Seltzer is a trusted source, he lives in Amsterdam and covers all Americans in Europe for MLSsoccer.com

uWa3Zosl.png

After the WC, it sounded like Roma had all but signed him. Not sure what happened or broke down, but interesting to see them back in it.

Tottenham is barely known in the states, I don't think it can be fairly said that they're disliked, they just haven't had the same exposure as the other "big" clubs.

Whenever it comes up that I'm a big *cough* soccer fan, people ask what team I support and when I say Tottenham Hotspur I just get blank stares in response.

I'm always kind of surprised when people don't know the club considering how often fans of other teams go out of their way to shit on us.

If you aren't Utd, Chelski or Woolwich and Pool a small tier under, the most casual of fan won't know you are. Man City, maybe, but they have only been relevant a few years now. The four mentioned before have had a large presence for the last 20 years.

If they are knowledgable the first question I get is why?

I'm always kind of surprised when people don't know the club considering how often fans of other teams go out of their way to shit on us.

If you aren't Utd, Chelski or Woolwich and Pool a small tier under, the most casual of fan won't know you are. Man City, maybe, but they have only been relevant a few years now. The four mentioned before have had a large presence for the last 20 years.

If they are knowledgable the first question I get is why?

And thats when you bash their fucking brains in.

Most yank bastards don't like this move. Tottenham is pretty disliked in the states. Yedlin is likely to see little game time. If he gets on the field, you'll be glad he was signed. He'll light the place up. He's a beast.
Sad to hear 'we're pretty disliked'. Is that because there are a lot of Woolwich fans over there, or some other reason(s)?
I so hope we get Yedlin.

I don't even know...

Why do people dislike us? I'm content with that to be honest. I'm tired of the reddit posts with I chose spurs, tell me what I need to know. Prick, you're supposed to already know and that's why you chose the fucking team. :walker-scream:

Sometimes the wife will buy ANOTHER pair of shoes because it was a bargain buy. But never wear them.
I hope this 'good deal' isn't waste for both the player and the club. I like the look of him but I really like Walker and Walker isn't that old....

Most yank bastards don't like this move. Tottenham is pretty disliked in the states. Yedlin is likely to see little game time. If he gets on the field, you'll be glad he was signed. He'll light the place up. He's a beast.
I not sure that we are that disliked- I like all of the 'Yank bastards' on this forum, even Tennessee if he is really behaving himself!

We need two RBs, and ATM Walker is struggling, so it seems, with an injury. Whether it's long-term we don't know yet. But he's been out for months, and on the US tour was clearly off the pace.

Now I like Naughton, but plenty want him out of the club.

To me it's a brilliant acquisition to get in Yedlin. He won't probably feature till next February, and won't take up a squad place now. But by season 2014-15, he could be a valuable squad member.

When I wear my Tottenham 13/14 jersey everyone just asks me why I'm wearing a HP shirt
:paulinhofacepalm:
And then the few who follow the PL are all Chelsea and woolwich fans so I get a ton of shit from them. But I still wear it with pride

Most yank bastards don't like this move. Tottenham is pretty disliked in the states.

Where are you getting this from? Actually a recent NBC poll indicated that Spurs were the most supported Prem team in the U.S., which is a fact I'm sure the club is acutely aware of. The poll results were:

Tottenham 22%
Woolwich 14%
Manchester United 10%

Even if you question the scientific accuracy of the poll, there is still no basis for saying Spurs are "disliked." Granted, there are more combined fans of clubs who are not Spurs, but there are arguably as many supporters of Spurs as there are of any other single club (especially when you eliminate the most casual fans who shrug and check the box for ManU but couldn't name more than a handful of teams).
:dempsey:

Last edited:
Where are you getting this from? Actually a recent NBC poll indicated that Spurs were the most supported Prem team in the U.S., which is a fact I'm sure the club is acutely aware of. The poll results were:

Tottenham 22%
Woolwich 14%
Manchester United 10%

Even if you question the scientific accuracy of the poll, there is still no basis for saying Spurs are "disliked." Granted, there are more combined fans of clubs who are not Spurs, but there are arguably as many supporters of Spurs as there are of any other single club (especially when you eliminate the most casual fans who shrug and check the box for ManU but couldn't name more than a handful of teams).

This stat was very early on in the survey when spurs were getting all the media for nbc's new campaign. By the end of the survey we were nowhere near the most supporte team

This stat was very early on in the survey when spurs were getting all the media for nbc's new campaign. By the end of the survey we were nowhere near the most supporte team
Link?

What "media?" Surely you don't mean the Ted Lasso commercial. And to the original point, any evidence whatsoever that Spurs are "disliked?"
:dempsey2:

Last edited:
Fuck a link. Walk in to any bar showing football matches in the states or go to any MLS game and talk to people and you'l realize we are nowhere near the most popular team in the states. Probably 5th, maybe 6th at this point, but much of that is in the last 5 years.

From 2002-2008 or so I met less Spurs fans in America than I have fingers. This has changed since TV coverage, Dempsey and the Champions League, but still.

FWIW, I never really get the hated vibe, most neutrals seem to like Spurs just fine. There are just so many fucking Mongs out here that support the sad lot next door.

Back
Top Bottom