Partizan Belgrade v Tottenham Hotspur (UEFA Europa League Group Stage Match 1)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oi oi oi.... Stop deviating from the thread.... Serbia is about to go to war with Tottenham, and you're talking TACTICS?!!!!

Yep, as soon as I posted it, I was like

penguifall.gif

The banner was anti-Semitic. I get that. Everyone should get that. But why is no one talking about the fact that the banner is also offensive to pussies? As a proud pussy, I certainly hope UEFA doesn't overlook the pain that banner has inflicted on my community.

I am also Jewish, so the banner wasn't all that inaccurate if all Spurs fans are just like me.
The banner was only anti semitic, in that people associate the usual meaning to be anti semitic.
Had it said Only Jewish wankers (insert your own insult) then it becomes anti semitic.

The reality was - that the inference was that all Spurs fans are effeminate Jews, in an effort to spark a reaction (I am assuming) - maybe to start a violent crowd based brawl, so they could show how much tougher 30,000 Serbs are than 250 Tottenham fans? Who knows............
When you think of the vast range of insults that they could have used, its actually a pretty pathetic shot, particularly as all Spurs fans are proud of the Jewish connection and the men who support the club all really like cats.

It will be a big shock for the Belgrade fans and players to visit a city which has a considerable number of people who are Jewish and /or are descendants of that cultural base grouping.
I hope they are fully prepared, banners and all.

The banner was only anti semitic, in that people associate the usual meaning to be anti semitic.
Had it said Only Jewish wankers (insert your own insult) then it becomes anti semitic.

The reality was - that the inference was that all Spurs fans are effeminate Jews, in an effort to spark a reaction (I am assuming) - maybe to start a violent crowd based brawl, so they could show how much tougher 30,000 Serbs are than 250 Tottenham fans? Who knows............
When you think of the vast range of insults that they could have used, its actually a pretty pathetic shot, particularly as all Spurs fans are proud of the Jewish connection and the men who support the club all really like cats.
I guess my point was why even mention 'Jews' unless you mean it in a negative and/or anti-semitic manner? Why not "only pommies and pussies"? I don't know....maybe I'm being overly sensitive.

It will be a big shock for the Belgrade fans and players to visit a city which has a considerable number of people who are Jewish and /or are descendants of that cultural base grouping.
I hope they are fully prepared, banners and all.

Is that a threat? Looking forward

I guess my point was why even mention 'Jews' unless you mean it in a negative and/or anti-semitic manner? Why not "only pommies and pussies"? I don't know....maybe I'm being overly sensitive.

Of course it is in negative manner but it's not antisemitic meaning not in a nazi way if you know what i want to say,my english isn't that good

Oh,very funny. Your attempt to over-simplify things is great. Of course i didn't tell that,i'm just saying that there will be no chance of English team being welcomed here in some good manner. It is the same like some people here talking shit about us. It's just a provocation,nothing more,one fan group to another. There are in general no Jews being abused in Serbia or blacks. There are many black players that played in Partizan and they were all like Gods here to fans. Two or three people being idiots to Rose is way overblown like this is.

Thank you. I'm available to write some comedy shows for Serbian TV if you like Even though i'll need a translator I'm sure I can manage something better than "Only Jews and Pussies."

Oh and "two or 3 people?" lol yeah ok

Is that a threat? Looking forward
If you are part of that extreme right wing of Serbian society who believes that they are the best and that justifies what they do to others, including Jews, then maybe you should go back to the stone-age where you belong.!

If you are part of that extreme right wing of Serbian society who believes that they are the best and that justifies what they do to others, including Jews, then maybe you should go back to the stone-age where you belong.!

Do what? Make a joke banner in a football match? Other example?

its just sledging, trying to get a reaction
They made it anti semitic, because they are ignorant enough to believe that they were winding up a collection of testosterone fuelled Jewish people who would read it, become inflamed with a desire to seek retribution, and then give them an opportunity to dish out some wanton violence.

Instead they just came across as ........well, - Serbs.

Surely that banner was only offensive if you aren't Jewish, its basically saying if you aren't Jewish you are a pussy.

Stop wetting the bed.

Back
Top Bottom