Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't doubt they have the skill, but when we've seen them they have been playing boys of their own age. I agree, we have some talented youngsters, but we need leaders in the 1st team to bring them along. Our players, at the moment, look like they are only out for themselves.

by all accounts Fazio and Stambouli are leaders on the pitch. I think Poch is just bedding them in slowly as this league is a different climate than they are use too. Both look very tough too and up for a fight. It's a balancing act and regardless of his decisions our manager will come in for flak from different quarters such is the essence of the smart arse modern day football fan or the bitter old seen it all before cunt lol

We can't afford the cream of the crop talents, and your championing of of our youth, whilst laudable, smacks of naivete. It's a romantic ideal, and sounds great in theory, but the teams we are up against have men playing for them, and some of them are hard men.

You're failing to connect the fact that by relying on youth as DEPTH that we are more likely to be able to buy higher end talent. Using cheap young players as depth= more money to spend on better players.

Also, your our players only play for themselves stuff is silly in regards to my argument. Academy players Kane and Mason are the ones out their busting it for the team and Bentaleb and Townsend have never been lacking for desire. Plus, hard man Ryan Mason led the team in tackles and interceptions today.

by all accounts Fazio and Stambouli are leaders on the pitch. I think Poch is just bedding them in slowly as this league is a different climate than they are use too. Both look very tough too and up for a fight. It's a balancing act and regardless of his decisions our manager will come in for flak from different quarters such is the essence of the smart arse modern day football fan or the bitter old seen it all before cunt lol
You'll never win anything with kids. :nawty:

You're failing to connect the fact that by relying on youth as DEPTH that we are more likely to be able to buy higher end talent. Using cheap young players as depth= more money to spend on better players.

Also, your our players only play for themselves stuff is silly in regards to my argument. Academy players Kane and Mason are the ones out their busting it for the team and Bentaleb and Townsend have never been lacking for desire. Plus, hard man Ryan Mason led the team in tackles and interceptions today.
Sorry, that was my point. The so called senior players have no desire to help the younger players. Apologies for not making that clear.

to get players more highly rated than Soldado, Paulinho or Lamela before we bought them would require us breaking our wage structure do you not think? plus we'll be competing with CL regulars for their signatures

also if we start giving more premier league time to our talented kids which I like the idea of when merited they'll all want to sign new contracts on better first team squad player wages

ldsua.gif

While I'm all for the academy giving us depth, I'm glad we got the squad players in we did. All 5 I expect to start v Asteras, and all 5 I rate higher than Paulinho and Chiriches, and some of them I probably rate higher than others of our 'Magnificent 7'.

We keep loaning out Academy players, I wish we had Fredericks for example to play v Asteras.

Who was lower tier and down the front for our second celebration?

One of you cunts stole my programme and I want it back. That was £3.

The recent success of our academy isn't talked about enough. If Kane and Mason make good on their early promise it will be borderline incredible. We've made twenty million in sales with the big ones being Livermore and Caulker for 8m each, Kane, Mason, and Bentaleb look like they could be here for a long time, Townsend while frustrating is still playing for England at 23 and we could sell him for north of 10m if he doesn't make it. Carroll has a premier league loan, and Pritchard is doing well in the lower levels. Plus, numerous people seem to think our current academy teams are the most talented in recent memory. Best could be yet to come.

Besides Southampton, who can match that in the league? No one I can think of.

It's also been Levy's get out of jail free card, all the shit we have bought, the top players we have let go, the stadium still a dream but the kids have been great for us. If our youth team is full of Mason/Kane level talent then I don't see the point buying anyone unless they are really top draw.

It's also been Levy's get out of jail free card, all the shit we have bought, the top players we have let go, the stadium still a dream but the kids have been great for us. If our youth team is full of Mason/Kane level talent then I don't see the point buying anyone unless they are really top draw.

Not a bad way to work.

Buy top class, fill the squad out with youth talent.

If we shifted on the following we would save £300kpw yet the squad would be only slightly weaker in my opinion. Another CB and FW would cover the gaps.

Paulinho £50kpw
Kaboul £50kpw ?
Adebayor £150kpw ?
Naughton £25kpw ? (Yedlin coming in)
Chiriches £30kpw ?
Lennon £50kpw ?

Kaboul was wank once again, I know Benteke isn't easy to beat in the air but did Kaboul win a single header against him? If he wasn't the captain I would have expected Fazio to have started, he would have done much better against Benteke.

Back
Top Bottom