Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And outside of the need to swap Kane in for Ade , zero criticism of the game.

3 away points is never easy and credit to Spurs for finding a way to get them. Back in the top 10 tied with Liverpool and jumped ahead of united n Everton. Huge result and clearly a lifeline for that all important 4th prem spot

Well the captain(s) are all first choice players, whereas in cup games he's showed that in the majority of occasions he plays the 'second string' if you will. You telling me Kaboul won't be first choice, when fit?
I'm saying that first choice and captain aren't necessarily the same thing, depending on what you want the captain to do.

But really, I wonder if we are putting too much emphasis on the League, when the club has decided to focus on the Cups this year (hence they'd been playing their best striker in the competitions which mattered most to them).

Lambert's tactics were: knock it high to Benteke every chance you get. It's obvious that he has seen how vulnerable we are to high balls and balls over the top.

We started ok yesterday, but there is always an error that leads to a goal before we go to pieces. Yesterday its started with Rose making a clumsy challenge that gifted N'Zogbia, Vertonghen backing off and Capoue jogging alongside Weimann into the box and leaving him.
We are the architects of out own downfall.
We have to sort it out defensively, stop gifting teams goals. We also have to start taking our chances.
Any team that would have played Villa with Benteke in it would have found it hard to cope with him aerially. I really feel that if he would not have been playing they would not have troubled us as much.

I believe that it will come to us. Maybe not this season but we have to have patience. Knee-jerk sackings are not the answer.
Newcastle, Spam, Liverpool have all endured instead of sacking. Let's save the compo for signings.
Let MP weed out the chaff from the wheat and next season bring in his players.
I think we can play some very nice stuff. It's just that more than not there is no end product. There are glimpses, but it will take time.

I said before the game that it was essential we get a result. I was shot down for saying that. It was obvious from the reactions/interviews of the players and staff that they thought so to. It was imperative that we got the 3 points. I hope this can be the turning point.
We have to learn from the mistakes we keep making. It cannot continue.......hopefully

Would have thought Fazio would have been more able than Kaboul to deal with Benteke in the air. Might be something Poch has to start thinking about when we play sides with strong strikers. A few inches the other way and Benteke would have had a double and we would have been 3 down at villa!

Won almost every header vs KAboul

Banged a laser strike with his opposite foot that banged off the woodwork

Lead the line perfectly until his beef with Mason n silly RC

More convinced then ever that Benteke is the man to lead the line for Spurs. Time to test AV's resolve

If they sold him they would basically be giving up on PL football

Lambert's tactics were: knock it high to Benteke every chance you get. It's obvious that he has seen how vulnerable we are to high balls and balls over the top.

We started ok yesterday, but there is always an error that leads to a goal before we go to pieces. Yesterday its started with Rose making a clumsy challenge that gifted N'Zogbia, Vertonghen backing off and Capoue jogging alongside Weimann into the box and leaving him.
We are the architects of out own downfall.
We have to sort it out defensively, stop gifting teams goals. We also have to start taking our chances.
Any team that would have played Villa with Benteke in it would have found it hard to cope with him aerially. I really feel that if he would not have been playing they would not have troubled us as much.

I believe that it will come to us. Maybe not this season but we have to have patience. Knee-jerk sackings are not the answer.
Newcastle, Spam, Liverpool have all endured instead of sacking. Let's save the compo for signings.
Let MP weed out the chaff from the wheat and next season bring in his players.
I think we can play some very nice stuff. It's just that more than not there is no end product. There are glimpses, but it will take time.

I said before the game that it was essential we get a result. I was shot down for saying that. It was obvious from the reactions/interviews of the players and staff that they thought so to. It was imperative that we got the 3 points. I hope this can be the turning point.
We have to learn from the mistakes we keep making. It cannot continue.......hopefully
They put in some decent crosses for Benteke to attack, we defended poorly out wide. It was not all long ball over the top. Our defence out wide has issues.

Fucking excellent, COYS

fucking sweet!!! ...as is the Old School surge to the front by the Spurs fans!

AND AT LEAST THERE WERE NO PYROS THIS YEAR!! I don't think Spurs fans ever fully recovered from that (and all the 'Y'-Word nonsense) in the eyes of the Media/general football public last season!!!

anyone got a link to watch the whole game back? I don't wanna see the game, just Kane's goal. My mate said he saw me on the box when it went in

edit: SinghYid SinghYid you're normally good for a video. help a brother out
I see that you already got linked with some highlights, but just in case you still need the full match, here you go: http://www.lastminutegoals.org/asto...pur-premier-league-highlights/#tabs-11400-0-2

Btw, I just randomly stumbled upon your post. (I got no tagging notification).
So is it just me, or is the notification system not completely working?

Back
Top Bottom