Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (2nd November)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry, that was my point. The so called senior players have no desire to help the younger players. Apologies for not making that clear.
Hi Joe
Been raging in Tassie all week out of touch, sounds like our younger players have been the prime movers in that game.

But that was because none of the vice captains were playing wasn't it?
Yes that's correct. I might have missed your point, sorry. But you said "Kaboul being captain makes him undroppable". Poch not only didn't play him against Brighton, he didn't play any of the Vice Caps either. My point is Poch will play who he wants no matter who the Captain or Vice Captain is and his selection against Brighton showed this.

But that was because none of the vice captains were playing wasn't it?
But if none of the vice captains were playing that shows you how unimportant it is that someone appointed to that role actually plays. What does a captain/vice-captain do? Formally? We can blather on about leadership and charisma, but that may not be what Poche sees as the captain's role. He may expect that from others, regardless of who has an armband.

I`m getting fed up with all this cock about Kane not starting. It`s a squad game nowadays. Not 11 v 11. I`d rather start with Ade and Soldado, bring on Kane and win the game, than start with Kane, bring on one of the others and lose the game. It`s about results. Todays result suggests Poch got his tactics right. So fuck off with all the whining.
All of the subs Poch made. one provided an assist for the equaliser, one won a free kick in a dangerous position and the other scored the winer from it.
Watching the game again I can see the difference between our players and those of Chavs, Man city, UTD and, too an extent, Woolwich.
1-0 with and 16 to go and Rose darts into the box, gets his shirt pulled off by weimann - much more of a pull than Fazio/Aguero - does the right thing and doesn't go down.
1-0 down Soldado runs for a through ball from Mason and instead of making contact with Guzman, does the right thing and jumps over him.
1-0 down and time ticking away Kane runs into the box gets challenged heavily but uses his strength, but to no avail.
Make no mistake Auguero/Dzeko would have gone down if they got touched in the box needing an equaliser, and probably got a penalty. Welbeck/Ramires/Hazard would have made it look as though Guzman had took their legs away.

But if none of the vice captains were playing that shows you how unimportant it is that someone appointed to that role actually plays. What does a captain/vice-captain do? Formally? We can blather on about leadership and charisma, but that may not be what Poche sees as the captain's role. He may expect that from others, regardless of who has an armband.
Yes that's correct. I might have missed your point, sorry. But you said "Kaboul being captain makes him undroppable". Poch not only didn't play him against Brighton, he didn't play any of the Vice Caps either. My point is Poch will play who he wants no matter who the Captain or Vice Captain is and his selection against Brighton showed this.

Well the captain(s) are all first choice players, whereas in cup games he's showed that in the majority of occasions he plays the 'second string' if you will. You telling me Kaboul won't be first choice, when fit?

Lambert says he saw Mason do this/that but in reality he was looking the other way when it all happened, as is confirmed by that vid above.
Anyway, I doubt he can see anything out of this snide 'lesbian maker' specs considering the way he was rubbing the lenses on his sleeves, like a dirty old wino, all through the match.
Lambert: should have gone to Specsavers

Well the captain(s) are all first choice players, whereas in cup games he's showed that in the majority of occasions he plays the 'second string' if you will. You telling me Kaboul won't be first choice, when fit?
If another CB (e.g Fazio) is better than him then yes. He has 2 two vice Captain's who will take the armband, no problem.

Won almost every header vs KAboul

Banged a laser strike with his opposite foot that banged off the woodwork

Lead the line perfectly until his beef with Mason n silly RC

More convinced then ever that Benteke is the man to lead the line for Spurs. Time to test AV's resolve

Back
Top Bottom