Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stayed away from the match thread this time... till now lol :pochsmirk:

Yeah it's a real shame we lost. Gutted..... but good luck to Leicester, I hope they go on to win it now.

I've skim read some comments and all I have to say is...

Poch is our manager and I hope will be for some time. Personally I think he's good for us for a whole load of reasons and we just can't keep swapping managers. It inevitably leads to player power in a negative way if we keep swapping - the bad eggs will rule the roost.

He might not rate Ade or Bobby, but it's just obvious.... surely...... that he can't come out and dis his current players in the press. He's gotta work with what he's got and most likely has to give some players game time - if not just for squad rotation, but also to get them in the shopping window and give them a chance to come good.

As for possibly our most controversial player.....I really really don't rate Ade, but the booing man.... counter productive.
As long as he's in the team, the worst we should do is just be silent / neutral while he's wearing our colours. It affects the whole team as well as him.
And who in their right mind wouldn't want him to score? I wouldn't salute him or applaud but I wouldn't boo either. If he scores just be happy for the team.
And if anyone on this forum thinks they really have a better footballing opinion of Ade than Poch.......... they need their head looking at. Mind blown!
Poch has played at the highest level against quality strikers, he's managed at the highest level, has infinite footballing experience compared to the likes of us and sees far more of the guys in training and behind the scenes.
And people have to realise he's working right now with 1 hand tied behind his back. We aren't Chelsea and can't just pick a player we like and ... voila they are now in our squad.
Fucks sake:pochbye:
HALLELUJHA!

No idea if this has been talked about already but just look at the scums side they put out today, makes us look like a bunch of muppets, no doubt they upped the anti after seeing chavs city and us go out.
Second string team, against another prem team in the FA cup is a fucking disgrace.
LC made 5 changes?

We were. We were controlling the game and looked comfortable until the lucky bounce got them their equaliser. I think most people have just watched the BBC highlights and judged the game on that alone.

Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele actually did ok, a few stupid misplaced passes aside (which just about everyone did) they held possession well with some one touch triangles.

Townsend and Lamela both did ok, although both need to learn to release the ball quicker. They kept to the wings quite often and stretched Leicester as a result; an early pass could have been better.

Soldado had a good game. He was so tenacious. Every time a ball came over the top which he had no chance of heading (vs a giant CB) he still went in for it, still fought for every ball. Won it a good few times too. Won the penalty with a lovely turn, completely did the defender. Also his tenaciousness should have seen their guy sent off for slapping him in the face, which he did because he realised Soldado had gotten the better of him. Don't know why the ref only booked him for it, could be because the Leicester fans were baying for ref blood after booking their guy for diving.

Fazio was great, Kaboul fine, Chiriches and Rose ok except some silly errors, especially Rose with some terrible passes.

Vorm some great saves and commanded the box well, just let himself down at the end with that fumble.

Just catching up on here a bit, not read the whole thread so sorry to 'pick on' your post.
Agree with several parts of your assessment but, totally disagree with others.

I said to my mates at about 65mins that the way we were playing is fine if you end up seeing it out and going through 1-0 as the cup is just about winning the tie but, we were asking for trouble as we were not playing well enough and, if they got 1 they'd get their tails up and maybe get another but we wouldn't as we had no real urgency or intent in our play - hated being right about that!!

Vorm - great stops but should he have been off ?? (live it looked like it but couldn't tell if the kid was already going over). Howler at the end undid it all I'm afraid.

Rose - COST US THE EQUALISER! Leicester player half way in his own half facing and heading back to goal and he needlessly clatters him. A freebie clearance back into our box and they score from the result. It was a moronic challenge.

Chiriches- woeful start with the usual mistakes, got better in second half though. Still a constant worry with a gaff in him anytime.

Capoue, Paulinho & Dembele - essentially the same, technically decent (ish) players at times but, all don't really create, score or move the ball forward with any pace or conviction. Dembele is a serial waster, splendid footballer, hardly ever shows it. Paulinho, he's done, sorry but it's not happening. Capoue, not as good as Bentaleb for some time.

Lamela - same old; will he come good, won't he? £30m good? Much less likely. Been out a while and tried to make things happen so he was ok.

Kaboul - hmmmmm

Soldado - gutted for him, just can't see a £26m goal scorer coming out of him now I'm afraid. He was busy, is a very good footballer but, why he was took off I don't know, exactly the sort of game he might as well be left on for unless you're resigned to ditching him at a junk price.

Ade - gets a harder time than he deserves. Some stupid mis-quotes and twists of quotes (and lies) happen all the time. Football wise, done nothing all season, been out a long while and getting some minutes but boo-ing him? I don't even boo Chiriches or Paulinho.

Poch - jury will have to stay out for 12months. We'll see who stays and goes, who comes in and how we end up looking then.

To come out after that sideways passing, casual and sometimes sloppy show which ended in disaster was bad enough, to see those other results was salt in the wound!

No idea if this has been talked about already but just look at the scums side they put out today, makes us look like a bunch of muppets, no doubt they upped the anti after seeing chavs city and us go out.
Second string team, against another prem team in the FA cup is a fucking disgrace.

Honest question: do you think it matters that we play a two-legged semi in the same week and they don't?

Honest question: Where does the idea come from that some teams are supposed to beat other teams?

Isn't this why the clubs line up 11-v-11 and play the game?
With both sides aiming to win.
Otherwise the boards could just meet over lunch and decide that since one squad has more highly-paid internationals they'll take the three points and everybody can go home early.

On Saturday both Chelsea and Manchester City lost to non-PL teams.
Over the weekend both Manchester United and Liverpool failed to score against non-PL teams.
Southampton lost to Palace and we lost to Leicester.

This is football.
Sometimes the team with the more expensive squad loses.

When we beat Chel53a who was upset that it wasn't supposed to happen?

I was gutted after yesterday's SPURS result.
Still am.
But this is football.

You can be gutted and upset and expect the players to play better & still love the shirt.
Not enough of the latter around here lately, I'm afraid.

Honest question: Where does the idea come from that some teams are supposed to beat other teams?

Isn't this why the clubs line up 11-v-11 and play the game?
With both sides aiming to win.
Otherwise the boards could just meet over lunch and decide that since one squad has more highly-paid internationals they'll take the three points and everybody can go home early.

On Saturday both Chelsea and Manchester City lost to non-PL teams.
Over the weekend both Manchester United and Liverpool failed to score against non-PL teams.
Southampton lost to Palace and we lost to Leicester.

This is football.
Sometimes the team with the more expensive squad loses.

When we beat Chel53a who was upset that it wasn't supposed to happen?

I was gutted after yesterday's SPURS result.
Still am.
But this is football.

You can be gutted and upset and expect the players to play better & still love the shirt.
Not enough of the latter around here lately, I'm afraid.
Spot on mate. I can't help but laugh the way some people go on. Just sheer arrogance, as if just because they support tottenham, no other team should dare have the audacity to try and beat us.

You didn't embarrass him - you embarrassed yourself. What the fuck is your purpose here you cringing fuckwit?
I was bored so I thought I'd see what you are saying.
Can you really think of nothing better to do with your life than simply jump onto everything I post? Is your life so devoid of purpose, that you have to make me the target of your bilious and obnoxious nature?
Its almost funny that you do this - do you seriously think I am bothered by anything that you say?
Does it ever occur to you that you might have a bit of a problem yourself?
To answer your question, it would appear that my purpose is to try to get you to have a heart attack, or some form of apoplectic fit - as you hammer away at your keyboard late into the night, fuelled on by whatever it is that has got you drunk this time.
It looks like you and maccer are made for each other - a marriage destined on the internet.
BTW - he said he didn't talk to me - which he was doing by responding, he then responded to me again, hence why I invited to think it through. Not to hard to grasp really.
Cringing - what the fuck do you possibly imagine that happens on here that would make me shy away or hide?
I choose to avoid people like you, in exactly the same way I avoid dog shit (- I am fairly sure I have used this analogy before.)
I'm not frightened of you - and I only walk around, because (in internet terms) you're shit, and your posts stink.
I keep asking, why don't you give it up - for everyones sake. If you feel you have to communicate send me an e-mail and I'll ignore you there as well. At least that way no-one else has to suffer your crap.

I am chubby - but you will be pleased to hear that my latest diet is going well and I have lost 8 pounds.
Can't claim the enormous prick accolade, pretty much standard size, however unlike you, mines seen a lot of action with live human females, as opposed to yours and Mrs Palm.
Wrong about the friends thing too, I have real ones - all over the world. Nice people as well. Humans they are called, you should try to meet some instead of sitting in your bedroom raging at the internet, about how god-damn right you are - and how everyone else is wrong.

I have been told you're not audere by the way - so I'll give that a miss from now on.
You talk just as much tosh as him, and you let yourself get wound up by me - like he did. Funny how that backfired on you as well.

Well done for your weight loss you fat cunt. Who told you I wasn't Audere by the way? Don't even joke about your supposed pals, you fuck me off with your ludicrous claims - I have millions of friends, because I'm a nice bloke. Something you couldn't envisage.
"The radio cunt" that's the nicest thing I've ever heard about you. You can't even ignore someone when you say you are. Fuck off chap, you are a hated nobody, and an obscure poster. Give it up Mick you sad sack of shit. And you are seriously bothered abut what I say - that's why you keep breaking radio silence about what I post.

How does he get away with this type of shit?

Because it's true. Just like you fucking up over Spurs matches - there's a reason you're unpopular dimwit.

Oh no I made a mistake. The whole oligarch are laughing at me. Plus this is a non comment. I was well aware of the games and their relative competition I just typed the wrong thing.

Every post you make you just sound more and more entitled. You seem to think this forum is a popularity contest and only those who are popular are allowed to comment. It's very embarrassing.

Supporting the club and being unhappy at the nature of yesterday's exit aren't mutually exclusive concepts.
I realise that, but LITERALLY 7 days ago everyone was waxing lyrical about our season and how Poch and the team are coming together and fighting for results. Since then we've won a game and lost a game due to a horrendous goalkeeping error. Had he saved that as he would have 99 9 out of 1000, we'd have a replay.

Fine margins, yet we fucking blow up as if we lost to Southport with our first team.

Personally I think good on Leicester, they gave us a game and got the result. Good on Bradford, Boro, Palace. That's what the cup is about.

We are not a cup team any more. We're a team that goes for top 4 as a priority, and cups come second. That's the nature of football these days. If we were a mid-table team, the cup would be our priority. We're not, and with money being the driving factor for success, 4th or 5th place is more valuable than an FA cup final.

Anyway, my point stands. To suggest our team will find it more mentally draining seeing FA cup ties played when they get a rest is absurd. We've played more games than anyone this season and we've stood up pretty well to that. A break here and there will do the squad the world of good.

What more is at stake on Weds than was at stake yesterday? I'm not entirely sure I get the line of thinking that just because we are playing a match an an earlier stage of a competition it carries less significance. The end prize is basically the same, being a domestic cup with entry into Europa, and I'd argue that with our history in the FA Cup it's the latter that should be more important for THFC to win.
Not like you to ask such an obvious question. We're 90 minutes from Wembley, we were about 540 minutes from Wembley in the FA Cup. The difference in importance is substantial, even if the League Cup is the lesser tournament. If, hypothetically, you could play in both European competitions - we have the Europa final on Saturday against Juventus, but the Wednesday before we have the first leg of our Champions League second round qualifier, away against Dinamo Tblisi.

Do you go out with your first team against Tblisi?

Fuck no.

Lets spin it. If we played a first team, beat Leicester, but lose to Sheffield United 2-0 in the week, do we praise Poch for prioritising the better competition, despite missing out on a cup final? The backlash would have been far worse, in my opinion. I was there against Newcastle, the chants of "Spurs are on their way to Wembley" clearly shows how much a final will mean to the fans. A trophy in his first season would be a great achievement for Poch. It would do wonders for team morale and for squad unity.

I can totally understand why Sheffield United is more important than Leicester.

Though I would like to think that on our day our rotated squad should be able to beat theirs (I think they made 5 changes)?

Hey ho - a win in our next game and all will be forgiven.

As I said - every loss is a disaster. A win will mean all is forgotten.

I fucking HATE the fickle nature of modern football.

Last edited:
Im just gonna leave this here:

If we had sewn the tie up already last Wednesday then we could have afforded to play the first team against Leicester.

*Backs away slowly with a maniacal grin on his face..

And if my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle...
Your Auntie send her love!
giphy.gif

I see the delusional WUM was at large again last night - I thought last he was on his way over to obtain IPs from Case and beat people up?

:kaboullol:

Back
Top Bottom