Spurs v Leicester- bring on da juju

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[QUOTE="Millbanks, post: 708590, member: 1963].

Just support the fucking club.[/QUOTE]

What does this even mean? This has become the most empty statement anyone makes these days. People are saying it constantly for every type of situation, even where it has no bearing whatsoever.

If I was here saying that I want people sacked or to step down, ect. It would make some sense. But I'm not saying that at all, I'm only expressing my anger at a loss. When did the idea of not being viewed as a melt become more important than passion about seeing your club win? I hate seeing us out of a competition so early. Explain to me how that's a bad thing!

Now, every single week that there is a FA Cup match, our players will be reminded that they're not in that competition anymore. That sort of mental blow is much worse than the physical blow we take by still being in all 4 competitions.

Many of us said that we didn't expect anything from this season at the beginning. I am one of those people. However, after our festive fixtures? I realized that we could legitimately make multiple runs. A season that in some ways I wanted to end before it even began had been transformed into one that we might be talking about for the rest of our lives. It now hangs on by a piece of thread.
If you think Paulinho etc gives a fuck about the FA cup you're insane.

I admire the hope but it's Pochettino's first season, the realistic attitude you had at the start shouldn't have left completely. We didn't play that bad, we fucked it up in the last 10 mins. It's football, it happens. We've had the luck loads of times this season with last minute winners, this is how it feels on the other side of things.

I'm gutted we were knocked out, heading back from the lane and seeing all the other scores was sickening, we've missed an opportunity to have a good FA cup run like you say. But season hanging by a thread? I sort of agree that losing on Wednesday is almost unthinkable but we've still got a Europa league campaign to hopefully continue as well as a good part of the league left.

What does this even mean? This has become the most empty statement anyone makes these days. People are saying it constantly for every type of situation, even where it has no bearing whatsoever.

If I was here saying that I want people sacked or to step down, ect. It would make some sense. But I'm not saying that at all, I'm only expressing my anger at a loss. When did the idea of not being viewed as a melt become more important than passion about seeing your club win? I hate seeing us out of a competition so early. Explain to me how that's a bad thing!
Only the initial part of my post was in response to your post, the rest was a general response to some of the absurd whining and moaning as if we hadn't won a game since November.

Apologies mate, should have split my post up to make it clearer.

I still disagree with what you said, but you are not in the same boat as those who the latter part of my response was intended for. Some crazy reactions in this thread.

So... am I now correct in thinking that this so-called 'juju' doesn't really work, and was in fact a piss poor effort at humour, based on the idea that Adebayor and his family practice black magic??
We're SO much better than that Spurs!
Roll on Wednesday, and "bring on da lucky rabbit's foot!!!"

I'm joking.... right??

[QUOTE="Millbanks, post: 708590, member: 1963].

Just support the fucking club.

If I was here saying that I want people sacked or to step down, ect. It would make some sense. But I'm not saying that at all, I'm only expressing my anger at a loss. When did the idea of not being viewed as a melt become more important than passion about seeing your club win? I hate seeing us out of a competition so early. Explain to me how that's a bad thing![/QUOTE]
you're not allowed to be upset and have a moan at losing to bottom of the league at home in the biggest club competition in the world. didn't you know that?

you're not allowed to be upset and have a moan at losing to bottom of the league at home in the biggest club competition in the world. didn't you know that?
I am
I'm well pissed off.
still it could be worse - we could be sex slaves to ISIL
Or Boko Haram victims
have Ebola
or be being treated for cancer

The ones I went with have no time for Poch and the melts on here that didn't even see the match, do my head in. I didn't agree with his selection of Adebayor, Capoue, Kaboul or Paulinho, and introducing Kane with 3 minutes to go, or whatever is was was bizarre, but the Poch out stuff is nauseating. The people around me in the stadium were not what you'd call 'fans' and we were out sung by Leicester. All in all it corresponds with your recent experiences at the Lane. End of an era mate.
Goodness graciousness me! You virtually agree with my original post - Adebayor, Capoue, Kaboul and Paulinho were not very good. So do me a favour and stop the abuse. I'm not 16, I was actually at the 61/62 cup final having been a Spurs supporter for more than 10 years. As a simple request, voice your tirades at those "fans" who've not been so long on this world.

Goodness graciousness me! You virtually agree with my original post - Adebayor, Capoue, Kaboul and Paulinho were not very good. So do me a favour and stop the abuse. I'm not 16, I was actually at the 61/62 cup final having been a Spurs supporter for more than 10 years. As a simple request, voice your tirades at those "fans" who've not been so long on this world.
That figures. I make that you must be a 103? I noticed you stopped bandying words with me though. Nice one you dimwit - do you go to games now? or is that not up for discussion?

Why not respond to my post calling you out? Your use of the semi-colon has been copyrighted by N17 troops. Did a boyfriend say you had a small cock or a small vocabulary? Either way I'd expect no penetration. Fuck off and take the piss out of somebody you're own age. I know you, youre a fat little cunt.
What semi-colon? your imagination is clearly enhanced by something naughty. Do you have the inability to type a semi-literate abuse without 4 letter words? Can you actually count to 4 without producing an expletive or sexual reference?

Back
Top Bottom