Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can still take positives from this.

Mourinho is a master of final game bus parking, and we fell for it.

We could have been a bit more clinical in front of goal though.

Two shots on target. Two, in a cup final game.

We've played shit. Kane barely touched the ball, Eriksen didn't show up as usual, Townsend did nothing, Chadli looked rusty.

We've dropped 4 points, lost a final and knocked out of Europe in the space of 2 weeks. Conceded 10 goals and scored 5 in 5 games. Shocking.
You're only annoyed because City are fucking shit...

i really have for many years mate its just painfull now.The thing is the players that are good at the club will not hang around.Eriksen and Loris will be off mate if big clubs come knocking like there is talk of that happening
the press always say stuff like that about everyone. there is talk of messi leaving barca and ronaldo leaving real.
I aint saying they wont go, I just dont tale any notice of the press when they start to talk about it.

as for todays game, fairly even game at the end, 2 deflected goals, and we were on the wrong end of 7 games in 21 days (3 since they last played). last season, 2-0 down would have led to 5-0 down in that game, i have no doubt of that. Am i disappointed we lost? course. but we have come a huge distance in the last year, simply because the side now has some balls , and doesnt give up. one step at a time.

Two shots on target. Two, in a cup final game.

We've played shit. Kane barely touched the ball, Eriksen didn't show up as usual, Townsend did nothing, Chadli looked rusty.

We've dropped 4 points, lost a final and knocked out of Europe in the space of 2 weeks. Conceded 10 goals and scored 5 in 5 games. Shocking.

Any team can drop points, Chelsea did against Burnley, City did today.

i feel jose & chelsea allowed this. they always could step up a gear & we never made cech make a save. they are stil in first gear. very toothless today & sloppy

Are you surprised? Their transfer budget and wage bill is way higher than ours. I honestly done't understand why people expect us to beat them. And that's not having a losing mentality. We played positively and tried to win.
Their team of megastars sat back with a parked bus and played counter attacking football against a team of mostly young homegrown talent.

I'm proud of the team and even more so our fans who kept going all game. You know for sure if the shoe was on the other foot it would be silence from them.

Anyway I'm sure plenty of the usual people will be criticising our own players and staff after this. Might be time to log off for the night and see who's still not in the sin bin in the morning

no melting lads
gore-ice.gif
gore-ice.gif

Watching them celebrate, a couple of hugs and handshakes.
They don't give a fuck about this, that's the most annoying part.
Oh well, like I said before, it can be a cunt of a game at times, 2 deflections, 2 goals.

Now we have just the league games to go, all in on our best 11 and there should be no more 'rotation' in the lineup except for injury

I don't care that we lost tbh, Poch has done well to get us that far in his first season, improved the mentality of the players, the final few games will show who he trusts or not, I love Townsend but he's only good coming of the bench imo, hopefully we will see more of Winks and Onomah among others including the forgotten man Yedlin, compared to last season and im not talking about table position, this season has been quite successful, mentality and team belief have improved, noone looks like they don't want to be on the pitch, onwards and upwards, even in failure there is a hint of glory.
Pochettino said in his first interview he will make us proud to support this club, he has fulfilled his objective! COYS!!!

the press always say stuff like that about everyone. there is talk of messi leaving barca and ronaldo leaving real.
I aint saying they wont go, I just dont tale any notice of the press when they start to talk about it.

as for todays game, fairly even game at the end, 2 deflected goals, and we were on the wrong end of 7 games in 21 days (3 since they last played). last season, 2-0 down would have led to 5-0 down in that game, i have no doubt of that. Am i disappointed we lost? course. but we have come a huge distance in the last year, simply because the side now has some balls , and doesnt give up. one step at a time.
glad you look at it like that i am another year older and feel drained and depressed with it all where we are now is where we are going to be been like it for a while.The cup final was like a bonus this year thats all

i just thought on the Tottenham point there would have been a lot more fight for it for the fans they played like it was just a normal game
Not completely fair imo. I think we played like we wanted to keep our heads together. Played very patiently before the 80th minute as if we thought it would eventually pay off, but Chelsea essentially played with a 5 man back line and double marked Kane, so we couldn't break through. Eriksen hit the bar on that free kick and nearly slotted it in, but apart from that he didn't do much to pick them apart.

We played okay altogether, but ultimately we've just not shown much urgency or graft since the NLD win, and this past month has been another lesson in the psychological problems that have always afflicted our club. Once we start playing top-notch football, then it's like we start believing our shit doesn't stink and that we can show up and win without putting in 110%, and then the rails come off for the next 6 weeks.

Well as I thought we'd do, we lost. As I said after the January window closed, our season would crumble on all fronts, and so it is proving to be the case.

Am very unhappy with ENIC and Poch tonight.

We threw a real chance of glory away due to our scandalous inactivity in the January window, and Poch hasn't shown the necessary management skills to compensate for the lack of backing given to him by our owners.

PS That's my lot for this thread. I'm too depressed and angry to argue with anyone on it tonight.

Lost to another ordinary outfit. Could have easily won against these cunts, but we just played right into Mourinho's plan. We really needed to take more from our performance in the first half. Oh and their fans were shit didn’t hear a song till about the 80th minute.

I really don't know what people expect of this team. Remember this is the team that got battered and humiliated on numerous occasions last season. And it hasn't been strengthened. Fazio or Dier are no better than Dawson. Davies is no better than Rose. Where have we actually made the team stronger. We fucking haven't. And it's all because of the cunt at the top refusing to shift from his net spend policy.

Back
Top Bottom