Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lost to another ordinary outfit. Could have easily won against these cunts, but we just played right into Mourinho's plan. We really needed to take more from our performance in the first half. Oh and their fans were shit didn’t hear a song till about the 80th minute.

So ordinary they still had Oscar, drogba, remy, courtois and cuadrado on the bench.
Yeah they are bang average mate

Atletico Madrid still have one of the higher wage bills in LA liga and have been playing champions league football somewhat regularly. We are far far behind the stage they were at last year. That being said, I can see a lot of the same qualities beginning to blossom in this team.

We weren't outplayed today at all. Only time they looked dangerous was when hazard was on the ball.
what was it i read the other week about atletico...400 million in debt, 100 odd to the tax man. 81% of income on wages. despite only having about 6 players that are not 3rd party owned.
they aint role models anymore than Leeds were under Risdale.

So ordinary they still had Oscar, drogba, remy, courtois and cuadrado on the bench.
Yeah they are bang average mate
I’m talking about how they played not how much their players cost. I will give them credit where its due they know how to defend, but they did nothing in attack that we couldn’t have delt with easily.

Must be the only one not fully convinced by Eriksen. He regularly goes missing but then pops up with a late goal that papers up the cracks. Not a 90 minute player.

Kane, Dier and Bentaleb I have no doubts about though. Undoubtedly the future of this club. Mason, Lamela, Townsend etc aren't good enough sadly.

I’m talking about how they played not how much their players cost. I will give them credit where its due they know how to defend, but they did nothing in attack that we couldn’t have delt with easily.

But we basically did deal with it. 1st goal rose gets a head on the cross which happens to drop to terry who hits a shot that deflects past the keeper.
2nd goal Costa taken wide by walker, hits a hopeful shot that also deflects in.

Only other save I remember Hugo making was from that fabregas bicycle kick

Such a disappointing end. They knew the simplest way to beat us is to rip the heart out of the game, so they did exactly what they do so well, which is to keep it scrappy, ugly and slow for the most part; relying on their pace, strength and dirty tactics to win it in just a couple of moments. We needed a more open and energetic game to be able to get at them.
And once again our biggest weakness is our passing game, it is simply not good enough. Far too slow, far too predictable, we telegraphed our every move and they were first to everything defensively.

Townsend and Chadli were poor with and without the ball; running around a bit is not enough. I had hoped that Lamela would start, cause as disappointing as he has been overall, he is still able to provide a killer pass now and again. Kane was isolated and out-numbered the whole match, having to do it all by himself, no one there to give him an option by running beyond or dragging defenders away. Mason, for all his hard work, just doesn't have the vision or the finishing ability that we need. Bentaleb was probably our best midfielder but he plays a simple metronomic game for the most part, we need someone more dynamic and creative alongside him. As it's been said many times before, our fullbacks are good athletes but neither are at all consistent with their crossing or shooting and give away far too many cheap fouls that we end up conceding from. And people might not like to hear this, but Vertonghen is not strong/commanding enough to be our main defender. In the biggest games, you need your experienced CB to dig you out of a few tricky situations with a last-ditch tackle, a good clearing header, or by throwing his body in the way, and too often it feels like he is not where he should be.

Anyway, fuck it all. Let's just learn from this mess and keep going, tough game coming on Wednesday.

So annoying, chavs park two buses all game and get two very lucky deflections, so spursy, we were by far the better team, Bentalab was outstanding. We deserved the victory, I am very bitter and my hate for the chavs is just so strong now.

I understand how liverpool feel now last year when they played the chavs off the park and lost 2-0, Mourinho plays 19th century football but it fucking works, cunt!

Let's smash the league, it's all we have left, right now I want to kick a chav fan in the head, I know it's the whiskey talking but fuck I am so angry.

Obviously disappointed with the result, but it's not the end of the world.
We didn't capitulate, why, because we were the better team in my opinion. We didn't get any help from the officials and fought right till the end.
Onwards and upwards, COYS.

Let's smash the league, it's all we have left, right now I want to kick a chav fan in the head, I know it's the whiskey talking but fuck I am so angry.
I want to do that without any drink inside me! bet the tottenham mob that went sorted the ****** wankers outside!

Before I go into total meltdown mode I need to be as optimistic as possible lest I murder the next person I see.

A taste of a cup final and a loss means that our players are developing a hunger. Naturally I wanted a win but how often do we see one hit wonders or the promising fizzle out because they progress too quickly? Things were falling on our plate. If everything had happened in the first season, what more is there to gain? Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize the outcome of the game. But I honestly believe that sometimes to go forward you must first take a step back.

Let's look on the bright side. We have a great manager who has brought us this far and is instilling a 'never fucking give up attitude.' We have young player who are hungry for silverware. One of the most promising strikers in the world (I know. Maybe jumping the gun) and definitely one of our best players has openly said that he only wants to play for Spurs. He is Tottenham til he dies. The academy is so productive. Everything from here is positive. The future is bright. It's lily white.

At the beginning of the season I personally and many of my mates thought we'd be placing 7th with a decent Europa showing. This season and cup run have blown away my meager expectations and I am impressed.

That's not to say things couldn't have gone better. Potch could have rested players on Thursday. Potch could have started Lamela or Fazio or subbed walker and half. I'm not too pleased with the subs. Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever enic could have done more in the transfer window. It hurts to see silverware slip from our metaphorical fingers. Hopefully (and I so very honestly believe this) we will have many more opportunities in the near future.

Last year and even the year before I would say I support sues when asked. I wouldn't volunteer the information. I was who I was behind closed doors. Now I can't fuckin g shut up about Spurs. It's eriksen this, lloris that, and Harry fucking kane. Last season I trudged through conversation about football but this season has been such a step up from the last that I am proud to be tottenham til I die.

Ok perfect. I've gotten rid of all that positivity. Now where's my shiv? I'm gonna teach costa that it's not always the defence that is full of holes.

Tl;dr I'm positive. Now I'm gonna stab a bitch

Back
Top Bottom