Tottenham vs Queensh Pork Razors

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes in defensive situations I have noticed certain players trying to press when they should not have and thus leaving space in behind. I don't think our issues generally come from bad individual errors (although we have seen some recently) but mainly from the team shape not always being right and leaving us exposed so buying players won't solve the issue unless we get real quality, I think it's more experience with the system, a few years and we will get it right more often than not.

That's being said I wouldn't refuse Schneiderlin.

Nailed it, there.

Defensively we are always fragile to certain situations , but until Poco has been given time to find or replace our defensive errors.
Vertogen has been consistent, but struggles to command, Dier is young and strong and game time is needed,walker confessed some time ago he learns from every game, and Rose is good going forward , very Quick but sometimes doesn't have the cover on his side.
Next year with the youth talent available, I think our team can only get stronger . COYS

Schneiderlin would be wonderful but the last thing we need is to go back to the classic, negative defensive midfielder in the Sandro mould. Fair play to what he did with us but I much prefer the type of players Pochettino wants to use. Players that can defend but also go forward.

Does anyone know the words to the new song about Mason which was sung in the bar at half-time, and by a few in the second half? First time I'd heard it.
Yeah mate,
That's ours, well mine actually.
It's a mouthful but here goes, to the tune of any old iron.....
Any old Ryan
Any old Ryan
Mason isn't any old Ryan
His touch is sweet
He's got quick feet
From Enfield town
So we got him on the cheap
And he plays with style
Always smiles
And he ain't a c*** like Wilshere
And he went on loan
And he never moaned
Old Ryan
Old Ryan!

Yeah mate,
Any old Ryan
Any old Ryan
Mason isn't any old Ryan
His touch is sweet
He's got quick feet
From Enfield town
And he plays with style
Always smiles
And he went on loan
And he never moaned
Old Ryan
Old Ryan!
Thought it sounded good :)

Defence seems to be a sore spot for us right now. When you look at teams with extreame pressing systems like us and the masters of it Barcelona the defence is based on aggressive ball winning from the front, every player pushing up behind the next to deny the opposition any time.

This requires players with great tactical discipline, they need to know when to push forward to win the ball back in unison with teammates and when to fall back when the lines are broken, e.g open counter attack.

Sometimes in defensive situations I have noticed certain players trying to press when they should not have and thus leaving space in behind. I don't think our issues generally come from bad individual errors (although we have seen some recently) but mainly from the team shape not always being right and leaving us exposed so buying players won't solve the issue unless we get real quality, I think it's more experience with the system, a few years and we will get it right more often than not.

Pepe Guardiola said of his Barca 'we are a horrible team without the ball' and his Barca were far stronger defensively than us denying the opposition any time on the ball. All pressing teams are vulnerable to the counter and the ball over the top, we don't have Barca's players but we must use their example of how to solve the natural defensive issues that come with pressing and that's far more than get a nice centre back or defensive midfielder.

That's being said I wouldn't refuse Schneiderlin.
As well as having that elusive football brain, It helps if all your defenders have the pace and stamina as Walker? Thats also key for me.

The commentary here in the states is usually shite but they had a couple of interesting points. 1 the loftus field was apparently pretty dry and uneven - bobbly which made all the long balls (QPR attack) hard to judge. 2 we started the youngest team of any team this season. Given the high press, and inexperience, not a shock that our midfield don't always give the right cover.
Overall we are still improving, and are still in it!

Yeah mate,
Any old Ryan
Any old Ryan
Mason isn't any old Ryan
His touch is sweet
He's got quick feet
From Enfield town
And he plays with style
Always smiles
And he went on loan
And he never moaned
Old Ryan
Old Ryan!

...does that ditty come with ti's own songsheet??
You'd be lucky to get the entire Park Lane singing that one... it's all they can do to re-hash 'One of our own' and stick mason's name in there instead!
I've already long given up on ever getting 'Sunday, Monday Harry Kane/Happy Days' going... still, in my mind, the whole ground sang it once!

Yeah mate,
Any old Ryan
Any old Ryan
Mason isn't any old Ryan
His touch is sweet
He's got quick feet
From Enfield town
And he plays with style
Always smiles
And he went on loan
And he never moaned
Old Ryan
Old Ryan!
hahaha

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS check this song out

Managed to get a ticket to this thanks to Pairsy1882 Pairsy1882
I was cacking my pants the whole game due to Davies god awful clearance and play out from the back. Never seen a professional footballer make such odd defensive choices, would like to see Rose start against United.

Oh - and it was excellent to hear a rendition of 'Who's got a big fat wife'

Is this based on your extensive knowledge of the club, it's ground, the supporters and its long established footballing ethos?
That and, presumably, the many times you have been there to witness all of this?
It's based on my knowledge that it is probably the poorest managed club in the entire league (no fault of Chris Ramsey, he only just arrived) and if the club gets relegated then it might never recover.

Back
Top Bottom