Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (Home) 21st Mar 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So uh lel... I'm back after a week of melting from the Man Utd game... didn't want to log on here and see the apocalypse so...

What would we do without him. He truly is the way, the truth and the light

B10s2GHIMAADV4a.jpg
Well that's me converted!!

Why are we struggling a the moment? Playing too many games or playing weekly we still show moments of confusion, poor form and naivety when defending. We look as if we have decided the season is over and need to there rather than want to be?
I am still positive and looking at a higher finish than expected. Draw today between Liv/Utd will suit us.
COYS

What! How much did Schneiderlin cost Southampton then? He cost about 4 times less than Stambouli.
I just don't get how people think we can just snap up players for £20-30-40m without a care in the world..
We have got no over inflated sponsorship deals from firms one by the owner.
We have not got a 50k plus stadium.
Look at it like this. We have the 9th highest average attendance. Newcastle, Everton, Sunderland, Liverpool & Chelsea all get more than us.
Yet, we have the 5th highest match day revenue, double that of Man City and Newcastle who have the 4th & 3rd highest gates in the EPL respectively. We also get slightly less than Liverpool who have the 5th.
Why is that?
Ticket Prices, hospitality (to an extent) and costs.
That enables us to pay competitive wages.

So, be prepared to pay a lot more for your ticket and membership if you want us to be signing big money players without selling first.
We need the capacity to do so and, if we want to start buying big money players and pay competitive wages, we will still have to charge the same prices as we do now when we have a capacity comparable to Newcastle.

Just as Chavs make about 4 times as much as us in match day revenue with just an average gate of just 5k more - making them 3rd in the table of Matchday earners with the 7th biggest average attendance.

Swansea bought Bony for about £12m and he has done wonders with them. Yet City paid 3x more for him. Who has the better buyers there?

Our net spend over the last 5-10 is way at the bottom so I don't think just getting one or two £20 million players should be beyond us, even the likes of Hull have a higher net spend.

I understand we need to be prudent but why all the Stambouli purchases, players the manager doesn't want who just fill up our bench. Going constantly for cheap bargains is the transfer policy of lower prem table teams, if we want to break the top 4 consistently we have to get the quality to do it and right now we are hoping that a few more of our youth players can do a Harry Kane which will be luck rather than judgement.

Most teams in the top 4 have 4 what you would call special players, we have two in Lloris and Kane IMO. We are two top players away from going up a level. If that means spending £30 million we should do it. We should be able to fund it through sales anyway in the summer. I just do not want us to end up buying 5 average players instead of two or just one top class player that's why we need to alter our buying model. We have the quantity, it's the quality that's important.

The wonderful world of Spurs. If it wasnt for the academy players coming through we would be in big trouble. Who would have believed you last season if you told them that Rose would be our defensive player of the year, and Kane our attacking player of the year? I think Baldini must take a lot of the blame
I disagree, I think he deserves a lot of credit for not finding a decent striker, where the fuck would Kane be if he had?

I disagree, I think he deserves a lot of credit for not finding a decent striker, where the fuck would Kane be if he had?
that is very true! HAD Soldado (for example) been scoring regularly, at say, a goal every 2-3 games, most would've been relatively happy with a half-decent return... meanwhile, Kane would be out on loan somewhere, knocking them in for fun in the Championship...
I say Soldado is Baldini's best bit of business... as his awfulness has allowed Lord Harry Kane & VERY Able to step up and shine! It's GENIUS...
...almost as clever as Leicester 'allowing themselves' to go 0-2 down, to show up our complacency deficiencies and let them back in it!! I say almost, as it didn't quite work out!

Signing players is a lottery ? even the rich boys (Chaves/City) get it wrong. We have shown this season that players that would normally be overlooked can step up. Unfortunately some have fell short. at least they? have had a chance. Im not naming and blaming, its football.

Signing players is a lottery ? even the rich boys (Chaves/City) get it wrong. We have shown this season that players that would normally be overlooked can step up. Unfortunately some have fell short. at least they? have had a chance. Im not naming and blaming, its football.
That may be true.... only difference is, WHEN they get it wrong, they simply go out again and spend UNTIL IT'S RIGHT.... with us, it's the budget blown fir another (broken) window!

Was working through it and only got the score when a guest in a Spurs shirt told me about 10pm.

Summarise someone? Highlights anywhere?

We played worse than against Utd - but instead of them getting a couple of luckyish early goals we did.

If we'd been playing any other PL team we would have lost imo.......really hope we sharpen up before Villa at home

Why are we struggling a the moment? Playing too many games or playing weekly we still show moments of confusion, poor form and naivety when defending. We look as if we have decided the season is over and need to there rather than want to be?
I am still positive and looking at a higher finish than expected. Draw today between Liv/Utd will suit us.
COYS

I think Poch needs to vary the starting selection a little bit - most teams seem to have worked out how to score goals against the current line up and tactics.

Even just switching Demeble and Lamela in for Chadli and Townsend would be a start.

Going to send our back four to the England Rugby camp to find out how to tackle and NOT to look injured for 90 minutes, yesterday against a better side we would have been tonked.
See us capitulating and crawling to the finish line, so please spare us the last dat heartache of being almost but not quite COYS

We made hard work of that yesterday and I actually thought the starting line up should have served as a massive confidence players for the 7 or 8 who did not bother to turn up at united last week.
Losing Lloris was a blow but three of our back four just seemed to pick up where they left off last week, if Leicester had been a little more accurate with their finishing we would have lost yesterday.

Walker is completely off the pace and what little football intelligence he has seems to have gone walkabouts for the time being, where is Yedlin? Injured? Fazio in at CB and Dier to RB might be a better option?

Like last week there was no leadership from Walker and Verts, Dier is a good CB in the making but needs guidance and a proverbial arm round the back on the pitch, but instead he is being exposed by his own lack of maturity on the pitch, which is fine given his age, and the lack of senior players helping him.

Danny Rose was excellent yesterday, full of effort, wanting it and prepared to go toe to toe with the opposition.

Our midfield needs shaking up, Mason and Nabil are great players, but their young age and lack of experience is starting to show and they were over run for large parts of yesterday, hopefully, like Dier all part of the learning curve. Chadli needs a rest, he was woeful yesterday, poor first touch, no tackling ability and his dive for a penalty was just embarrasing. Eriksen was slightly better but would benefit from a Dembele playing behind him and maybe a run of games for Lamela would not hurt, he is not going to improve sat on the bench.

Townsend was full of running as usual but as usual with no idea what to do with the ball when on the attack, Kane continues to shine and fair play to our Brazilian Livermore who actually had a good game when he came on

Back
Top Bottom