Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City (Home) 21st Mar 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really refreshing that as pissed off as I get with our mistakes, for me, he says what I want to hear regarding the perfromances, and from what he's shown in his first season, I have no doubt that they are problems he we rectify to the fullest over the next year.

Agreed, I think our defence issues come from not always pressing correctly or at the correct times (other than stupid mistakes of course) and maybe we lack the players or experience to make it work. Teams can be good defensively with a high line but it requires the right players.

Need a season or two to build this team and probably a few players in the summer to come in. Hopefully better next year in defence.

Joe a man who likes the cliffhangers then, the faster ageing and possible heart attacks that come from being a Spurs fan.

would just like our defense to be that little bit better so I am not shitting myself at 90 mins, even just one or two 3-0 results in our favour would be fine for me, one really comfortable game once in a while would be great. Then again it is better than AVB and George Graham boring football by my god we do make it hard for ourselves.
I agree mate, and I'm not really knocking those that think so - I'd take a heart stopping 4-3 over a controlled 1-0 all day though - I'm only shooting the shit - I stopped worrying about our defence years ago.

Really refreshing that as pissed off as I get with our mistakes, for me, he says what I want to hear regarding the perfromances, and from what he's shown in his first season, I have no doubt that they are problems he we rectify to the fullest over the next year.

Agreed. I am all for getting a settled side and building on it. If any of them makes a mistake, then as long as they learn from it and rectify it, it has to be good for the long term future.

As long we win, they're great. My capacity for hypocrisy is as much as the next man's - probably more.

Yeh agree a 4-3 is more interesting than a 1-0 no question. Against the smaller teams I would like us to become a bit more ruthless but that will come.

I have really enjoyed this season just a few things we need to work on and hopefully for once in 20 years overtake Woolwich next season, not saying we can't do it this season but it's probably unlikely. Long as we keep Kane and Lloris I see bright things ahead.

Really refreshing that as pissed off as I get with our mistakes, for me, he says what I want to hear regarding the perfromances, and from what he's shown in his first season, I have no doubt that they are problems he will rectify to the fullest over the next year.
I think (despite arguing over the semantics) we all want the same thing for the guy. Some quality players in between Lloris and Kane, and better quality in the squad, to allow the rotation necessary to get through the season, particularly if we end up in the European comedy Cup again.
We know there are players past their sell by date in the squad at the moment, and hopefully a realistic effort will be made to move them on, whilst recruiting substantial replacements.
The balance is the toughest problem, selling them on as recruits are signed up - and not having a fire sale and being unable to purchase players due to ridiculously inflated prices.
We need a "King," a "Modric," and a "Sheringham" and then possibly a mobile "Parker/Sandro" in my view.
The trick is finding them at affordable prices.
Does Schniederlin fit the last one? Is Eriksen already our Sheringham?

I think Poch needs to vary the starting selection a little bit - most teams seem to have worked out how to score goals against the current line up and tactics.

Even just switching Demeble and Lamela in for Chadli and Townsend would be a start.
I had the same thought, although when we were supposedly struggling with our fixtures, we swapped and changed the 11 and failed to be consistent. At least now we have leveled off. I agree one or two changes feels right.

Love a good 4-3 thriller. Back in the dark days id be still on the missing list. They came few and far between (I'm still on the booze but safety at home)

Lots of fans have forgotten how to enjoy them selves. I suspect its the FM fans and new breed of fan who want to win but win like Chelsea with there boring total football of having 1000000 shots on goal and 99% of the possesion.

We're spurs fuck sake... dry your eyes and go and get you dick wet!

I can't imagine living in London and getting to games every week. Win or loss.. The buzz would be amazing. After a loss I can't watch Ssn the whole week

Love a good 4-3 thriller. Back in the dark days id be still on the missing list. They came few and far between (I'm still on the booze but safety at home)

Lots of fans have forgotten how to enjoy them selves. I suspect its the FM fans and new breed of fan who want to win but win like Chelsea with there boring total football of having 1000000 shots on goal and 99% of the possesion.

We're spurs fuck sake... dry your eyes and go and get you dick wet!

I can't imagine living in London and getting to games every week. Win or loss.. The buzz would be amazing. After a loss I can't watch Ssn the whole week

Welcome back audere ;)

I tend to only post very little on here. Its bananas tbh. Sometimes I feel like its an open forum for all premier league discussion. I swear if we all got together it would be a proper dust up. I spend most of my time on RAWK and Recafes RAWK thread... comedy gold!!

Think I have just about recovered, what a roller coaster ride, I have no nails left! At least, its not boring watching Spurs. I'd rather a nervous 4-3 victory than a sterile 1-0 anyday. Obviously Harry is the man of the moment, but have to give Danny Rose a shout out for a great game, his improvement since last season has been quite sensational. I'm worried about Kyle Walker, he really hasn't hit form since his return from injury and it can't be good for your confidence having your game pulled apart by Phil Neville on MOTD. Also disappointed with Chadli, he skyed two excellent chances - thought Soldado was on the pitch for a moment (miaow!). You have to give credit to Leicester though, for never giving up and making a real game of it. Oh well, at least I've got a couple of weeks to get my blood pressure back to normal before the next game.

Back
Top Bottom