Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This was locked behind the Spurs website login, so thought it might be of interest here (no matter how banal these things always are)...

20/Twenty with Federico Fazio
A quick chat about the early days and influences of our current squad. This month: FEDERICO FAZIO.

What was your favourite subject at school?

Mathematics.

Hobbies as a child?
I played the guitar, although I don’t play it now!

Colours of first youth club played for?
Navy blue and red with a team called Estudiantil Porteño in Buenos Aires.

EH_Mar_20_Riquelme.jpg
First club supported?
Boca Juniors.

Any posters on bedroom wall?
Yes. I had a poster of Juan Román Riquelme (pictured, right), who played in midfield for Boca.

First autograph?
I don’t remember asking any footballers for an autograph but I did once get one from Manu Ginóbili, the basketball player.

Pet as child?
I didn’t have any pets when I was younger.

Pet now?
No, I still don’t have any.

First ever family holiday?
We went to Villa Gesell in Argentina. It was down by the seaside – a very nice place to visit.

Can you dance?
Yes. I’m pretty good at dancing!

Karaoke choice?
Back in Black by AC/DC.

If you were in a band, what band would it be?
Again, it’s got to be AC/DC.

EH_Mar_20_tall.jpg
Favourite music genre?
I don’t have a particular favourite.

First ever bought?
To be honest I can’t remember. It would have been on a CD but I can’t remember which song it was.

Retro choice?
The Rolling Stones.

Favourite other sport?
Basketball.

Top TV programme?
The Simpsons.

Favourite reality show?
I’m not a fan of those shows.

Ever vote in one?
No.

Would you appear?
I’m afraid not.

Edit: so many nothing answers there! The guy's no dummy though, I believe he was a medical student before giving it up when his football career took off.

Felt like he's been a bit harshly treated lately and almost become the forgotten man.

Sure, he wasn't perfect but neither is Dier, or Jan for that matter. His record with Jan was very good and I don't think he really deserved to be dropped. One of our weakest aspects is in the air (As we shown against United..) yet Fazio helps to solve this issue, almost single handedly. Add to that the fact it's his first season and it seems strange he's been dropped for Dier, who is by no means great (yet).

Im actually struggling to remember the last crucial tackle Jan made.

Why not give Fazio and Dier a run out. Too many names on the first team every week who really dont deserve to be undroppable.

Eriksen, Mason, Townsend, Walker too could all do with the odd rest.

Genuine question who was the last centre back to come from South America to really succeed in the Premier League?

Let me clarify, by succeed I mean on a personal level, not as part of their team e.g Demichelis at Man City has won things but hasn't covered himself in glory.

Interested to know as I have always felt that South American centre backs normally seem to struggle in the Prem.

Genuine question who was the last centre back to come from South America to really succeed in the Premier League?

Let me clarify, by succeed I mean on a personal level, not as part of their team e.g Demichelis at Man City has won things but hasn't covered himself in glory.

Interested to know as I have always felt that South American centre backs normally seem to struggle in the Prem.
Was never his biggest fan and felt he went for a crazy price, but david luiz went for 50m based on his performances in england

Was never his biggest fan and felt he went for a crazy price, but david luiz went for 50m based on his performances in england

Dude, seriously. He was largely useless at centre back and if you honestly believe he commanded that fee because he was a top drawer centre back in England then you are seriously deluded.

Arguably his best performances in England were in midfield.

Dude, seriously. He was largely useless at centre back and if you honestly believe he commanded that fee because he was a top drawer centre back in England then you are seriously deluded.

Arguably his best performances in England were in midfield.

What? I said, "Was never his biggest fan and felt he went for a crazy price." I was simply pointing out that in the past few years a CB, whether or not that's his best position, from South America went for 50m.

I just don't see the relevance of his price tag.

Well then this is obviously going to go to the argument of does price tag indicate ability. I don't want to get into an argument. My point was simply that he, a south American CB, played in England for a few years then left for, what i believe, was a record fee for a defender. Seems to have been successful, whether or not that is the level of success you refer to, I don't know. All you said is succeed at a personal level, which I think David Luiz did.

Proven winner and leader/captain in Spain - should definitely be in the side when fit... Paticularly against anyone lumping it in the box. Suspect on the turn but a lot of centre halves are due to their size and i think thats where him and JV built a good understanding. Both have the experience and ability to pick up the right players to suit their strengths, not hard to do really unless the oppo starts with two pacey midgets or two Peter Crouches.

Back
Top Bottom