Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh sammyspurrrssssss, is talking bollocks.
Oh sammyspurrrssssss, is talking bollocks.
With a spunk proof keyboard
and a lot of spare time
Sammyspurs is fucking asinine

I'll take not playing the most boring football in our history (AVB) or not having an arguement every week (Sherwood).

Been up and down but the style is attractive and the young players are exciting, need a clear out and some new players before I make a firm judgement of Poch but ok so far.

:pochserious2:

The difference is that there is no logic to his changes.

He rates Townsend for 2 months, then drops him for weeks and weeks and weeks all of a sudden.
He's done it with Fazio, Stambouli, Dier, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele at some point this season...some never to be seen again.

He plays players when they have been shit, and drops players when they have been ok, or at least no worse than when they were cherry of the month.

Then there are others that are immune to the bench, no matter how utterly shit they perform, or how exhausted they are.

Rotation between 20 players that benefits the team over a season of 60 odd games is whats required.

Flapping around between 2 months of Lamela, then 2 months of Townsend is not rotation.

Right put the kettle on, get comfortable because this is a long read but it is probably the one of the best football articles I have read this year.
The idea of progression and expectation is not just a debate discussed by Spurs fans, so I warn you this is written by a dipper with dipper players used as examples but if you were to do a find and replace with the dipper names and change them to Spurs players he might as well have written the article about Spurs, or any other club for that matter.
I have stuck it in this thread because it covers the topic of progress, what is it and what to expect. It covers every topic of judging a manager on his progress and covers the arguments and expectations that limit the manager, team selection, squad rotation/lack of etc. etc. etc..........Bollocks, if you've got 30 mins just read the fucking thing.
http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/05/listen-up-fuckwits/

He rates Townsend for 2 months, then drops him for weeks and weeks and weeks all of a sudden.
He's done it with Fazio, Stambouli, Dier, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele at some point this season...some never to be seen again.

He plays players when they have been shit, and drops players when they have been ok, or at least no worse than when they were cherry of the month.

Then there are others that are immune to the bench, no matter how utterly shit they perform, or how exhausted they are.

Rotation between 20 players that benefits the team over a season of 60 odd games is whats required.

Flapping around between 2 months of Lamela, then 2 months of Townsend is not rotation.
I know right, its almost like we don't really get to see MP's inner thoughts, his private conversations with his staff and his talks with the players. WHATS UP WITH THAT? AMIRIGHT?

Right put the kettle on, get comfortable because this is a long read but it is probably the one of the best football articles I have read this year.
The idea of progression and expectation is not just a debate discussed by Spurs fans, so I warn you this is written by a dipper with dipper players used as examples but if you were to do a find and replace with the dipper names and change them to Spurs players he might as well have written the article about Spurs, or any other club for that matter.
I have stuck it in this thread because it covers the topic of progress, what is it and what to expect. It covers every topic of judging a manager on his progress and covers the arguments and expectations that limit the manager, team selection, squad rotation/lack of etc. etc. etc..........Bollocks, if you've got 30 mins just read the fucking thing.
http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/05/listen-up-fuckwits/
Thats a brilliant find. A lot of people on here would benefit from reading that.

Seems like he picks on two criteria to me:

- Does the player fit into his system (we have loads that don't and loads that sort of do)
- How close to 100% fitness is the player (if the player isn't fit he'd seemingly prefer a fit round peg for the square hole)

You have no idea who he thinks fits the system and don't get the info from the fitness coaches.......so there is no way you can apply your logic to the team selection - this seems to piss you off no end.

I know right, its almost like we don't really get to see MP's inner thoughts, his private conversations with his staff and his talks with the players. WHATS UP WITH THAT? AMIRIGHT?

Whats that got to do with his inability to rotate, change a formation effectively or make a positive contribution with his subs?

"look, we are playing shit again"

"Its ok, because I dont know what Poch said before the game to Perez...I also dont know what he thinks about while he's having a tug. So this shite performance is ok"

Pochettino was at Southampton for 18 months. so where do people get this idea from that he needs to be given time?

You have no idea who he thinks fits the system

Hmm lets see. I know who he thinks doesnt fit....Ade, Soldado, Capoue, Stambouli, Davies (unless forced), Fazio (unless forced), Vlad (unless forced), Kaboul, Dembele, Lennon and Holtby..

So I could probably deduct his favourites eh..

The main issue here is that his preferred players dont even suit his "system"...because we have abandoned it.

Last edited:
Pochettino was at Southampton for 18 months. so where do people get this idea from that he needs to be given time?
All managers need time.Or at least deserve it. Build a squad of players singing from the same hymn sheet, that kind of thing. I don't understanding your way of thinking tbh?

Back
Top Bottom