Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was a gooner.
Got outted by the real gooners as a fake muppet.
Started following Spurs to get revenge.

Anyway, well done everyone. The thread will soon be locked, and no one need talk about the 13pt capitulation and the FACT we cannot top last season points wise, and will probably finish in the same position making this season not one of general progression.

Its actually hilarious that if we finish 5th, I will say we had a better season than last year.

The RECORD POINT TALLY crew though, cannot possibly say the same though....remember...more points = better season regardless of position to you.

hahahahaha

Anyway, well done everyone. The thread will soon be locked, and no one need talk about the 13pt capitulation and the FACT we cannot top last season points wise, and will probably finish in the same position making this season not one of general progression.

Its actually hilarious that if we finish 5th, I will say we had a better season than last year.

The RECORD POINT TALLY crew though, cannot possibly say the same though....remember...more points = better season regardless of position to you.

hahahahaha

Fuck. You know what - you're right!

Let's sack Poch, get someone else in and start again.

:adethumbup:

I dont want him sacked.
I want him to improve.
Don't we all want that?
The ones defending Poch surely do.
And there's the pragmatic ones "need another season before he can be judged, can't keep changing managers so quickly"

If people are saying he needs another season, it surely implies they aren't happy with his performance this season else they'd be happy to judge him on the current one.

Just sinbin him already. Only way to shut him up.
Out of everyone on this forum, I'd have expected this from you least. You have many unpopular ideas and have been binned for these. Seems remarkable you think binning someone for disagreeing with you is the right thing to do.

Don't we all want that?
The ones defending Poch surely do.
And there's the pragmatic ones "need another season before he can be judged, can't keep changing managers so quickly"

If people are saying he needs another season, it surely implies they aren't happy with his performance this season else they'd be happy to judge him on the current one.
Yes!! FFS now we're getting it. There is no massive hatred fuelled argument, the OP said "have we progressed from last season?" and Sammy said "I think no for these reasons" then someone else said "I think yes for these reasons" then Sammy said "I disagree with this reason for that reason" then people get wound up by Sammy's argument style and go "fuck off Sammy you fucking gooner troll maggot" then all shit breaks loose.

Yes!! FFS now we're getting it. There is no massive hatred fuelled argument, the OP said "have we progressed from last season?" and Sammy said "I think no for these reasons" then someone else said "I think yes for these reasons" then Sammy said "I disagree with this reason for that reason" then people get wound up by Sammy's argument style and go "fuck off Sammy you fucking gooner troll maggot" then all shit breaks loose.
Wrong

It's nothing more than anti-Poch pathetic agenda which has been infecting every thread for the last 10-odd games. On the one hand cunt-face never expected 4th this season - but then proceeds to slate our manager continuously at every opportunity for not finishing 4th, while shamelessly promoting Tax-Dodger as the next messiah, twisting facts and re-writing history and point scoring. In addition to manufacturing false injuries to our players and presenting factual proof from indisde the changeroom as to while goon Ade was exiled. One rules for the gooner cunts in the club - one rule for hard-workers like Soldado, Lamela, etc.

That's not debating - that's gooner trolling

Wrong

It's nothing more than anti-Poch pathetic agenda which has been infecting every thread for the last 10-odd games. On the one hand cunt-face never expected 4th this season - but then proceeds to slate our manager continuously at every opportunity for not finishing 4th, while shamelessly promoting Tax-Dodger as the next messiah, twisting facts and re-writing history and point scoring. In addition to manufacturing false injuries to our players and presenting factual proof from indisde the changeroom as to while goon Ade was exiled. One rules for the gooner cunts in the club - one rule for hard-workers like Soldado, Lamela, etc.

That's not debating - that's gooner trolling
So, you disagree with him then? Interesting.....

I'm no surprised you're defending such behaviour in the slightest, tbh
I'm not surprised you won't answer the fucking question.

You tell people they have agendas, then spout them yourself.

You tell others to "bore off" and then bore fuck out of everyone by disagreeing with posts for no reason.

You call people gooner trolls after being a member of a gooner forum.

Give yourself a fucking slap.

I think the progress is in the overall makeup of the squad. When you look at our squad at the end of last season there was very little to project as positive for the long term. We had been buoyed to a solid league finish by Adebayor and Eriksen. Everyone who has paid attention knew the Adebayor thing was not a long term solution. We had six failed signings, Vertonghen and Lloris were unsettled, Bentaleb and Rose were scapegoats, and we had no coach and Franco Baldini.

Now about twelve months later we have one of the best strikers in the league who is 21 and cost nothing, Bentaleb and Rose are two of our most consistent performers, Vertonghen seems unlikely to leave, we have the young player of the season at the top three levels of English football (Kane, Pritchard, and Alli), Ryan Mason is found money even if his future is as rotation player, Chadli scored 10 league goals, Lamela could still be salvaged, Eric Dier looks like a real player, our academy is brimming with talent, at worst Pochettino is a competent coach, and we have a guy heading our transfer decisions that looks like he has a clue.

I think that in Kane, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Lloris, and hopefully Walker, Lamela, and Mason we have a real base of players that we can feel confident building around the next 2-3 seasons and only Lloris looks a immediate threat to leave. Plus Alli, Pritchard, and the academy boys have tons of potential as well. Last season you would have said only Eriksen, Vertonghen, and Lloris were good bets for the future.

For that reason, I do think we've made progress. I actually feel like I see a team coming together that makes sense for the future. Do we still have huge holes? Absolutely. Is the core young and football immature? Yes. Might Levy sell a bunch of them off? Of course. However, we have a bright and talented young core with a good portion of it being homegrown. You could not say that 12 months ago. That is substantial progress IMO. Now to see tangible on field progress we need to buy smartly in the summer and hope that Pochettino is manager that can coach his team to improvement from season to season.

Last season's sixth place was built on smoke and mirrors, this year it feels like we could have something special going forward if we make a few smart decisions and get a little luck. A long way to go though.

JDK JDK already summed up perfectly my thoughts on progress and looking at the bigger picture.

I think the progress is in the overall makeup of the squad. When you look at our squad at the end of last season there was very little to project as positive for the long term. We had been buoyed to a solid league finish by Adebayor and Eriksen. Everyone who has paid attention knew the Adebayor thing was not a long term solution. We had six failed signings, Vertonghen and Lloris were unsettled, Bentaleb and Rose were scapegoats, and we had no coach and Franco Baldini.

Now about twelve months later we have one of the best strikers in the league who is 21 and cost nothing, Bentaleb and Rose are two of our most consistent performers, Vertonghen seems unlikely to leave, we have the young player of the season at the top three levels of English football (Kane, Pritchard, and Alli), Ryan Mason is found money even if his future is as rotation player, Chadli scored 10 league goals, Lamela could still be salvaged, Eric Dier looks like a real player, our academy is brimming with talent, at worst Pochettino is a competent coach, and we have a guy heading our transfer decisions that looks like he has a clue.

I think that in Kane, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose, Lloris, and hopefully Walker, Lamela, and Mason we have a real base of players that we can feel confident building around the next 2-3 seasons and only Lloris looks a immediate threat to leave. Plus Alli, Pritchard, and the academy boys have tons of potential as well. Last season you would have said only Eriksen, Vertonghen, and Lloris were good bets for the future.

For that reason, I do think we've made progress. I actually feel like I see a team coming together that makes sense for the future. Do we still have huge holes? Absolutely. Is the core young and football immature? Yes. Might Levy sell a bunch of them off? Of course. However, we have a bright and talented young core with a good portion of it being homegrown. You could not say that 12 months ago. That is substantial progress IMO. Now to see tangible on field progress we need to buy smartly in the summer and hope that Pochettino is manager that can coach his team to improvement from season to season.

Last season's sixth place was built on smoke and mirrors, this year it feels like we could have something special going forward if we make a few smart decisions and get a little luck. A long way to go though.

We have been buoyed by Kane and Eriksen this season.

So this 13 point swing against the filth, is anyone going to address that and tell me its progress?

Or what about the fact we've taken as many points in our last 10 games as we did in the final 10 games of the Redknapp "collapse" season?

I'm not surprised you won't answer the fucking question.

You tell people they have agendas, then spout them yourself.

You tell others to "bore off" and then bore fuck out of everyone by disagreeing with posts for no reason.

You call people gooner trolls after being a member of a gooner forum.

Give yourself a fucking slap.

Question has been answered - you're too blinded by fury (again) to see it

I already outlined above my take one it along with reasons why that is pure trolling - your personal petty cunt OG-fueled agenda towards me will never allow you to see that though and instead keep blurting the same default response.

Evidently - pretty much every one in this thread seems to agree with my take. You however saw it as an opportunity to get one over your forum 'enemies' again. Stick to googling posters on the Internet with you bum-chums like a weird stalker cunt. And don't forget to keep pressing that sin-bin button, fella

Last edited:
So this 13 point swing against the filth, is anyone going to address that and tell me its progress?

Or what about the fact we've taken as many points in our last 10 games as we did in the final 10 games of the Redknapp "collapse" season?
How is it Poch's fault Woolwich signed top quality world-class players and we signed Davies?

Back
Top Bottom