Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back from the Lane. Don't know the general reaction on here but my main observations:

• Decent first half with some very good opportunities
  • Brilliant second half, best performance since West Brom away last year
  • Danny Rose is much better than Ben Davies
  • Danny Rose makes Nacer Chadli a much better player
  • Mason was very good, less effective when out wide
  • Dier is getting better and better at DM
  • Jan was much improved
  • Alli looked good again
  • Kane should have scored, but much more involved and I have no doubts
  • Much better atmosphere at WHL, shame it's the players that have to lift the fans rather than vice versa
  • We'll win soon, very positive game

Didn't post during he game as I really wanted to concentrate on the match .

Not great , not bad , a few moments of stupidity, crap decisions but that's football. My main concern is that up front we are utterly toothless. Kane's 1st half effort.... Who was the nearest player to him Chadli? 25 yards away? The lack of movement in the 1st half was embarrassing. At points it was like "I'll just stand here..... Oooh fuck he's passed the ball to me!".... I know Son & Clinton will hopefully change that.

All neutrals in the pub thought both teams were ok defensively but offered nowt up front. Although I thought a few shots 20cm either side would have been a goal but das ist nümerwang

Kane is knackered or off the boil.

Just got back from the Lane. Don't know the general reaction on here but my main observations:

• Decent first half with some very good opportunities
  • Brilliant second half, best performance since West Brom away last year
  • Danny Rose is much better than Ben Davies
  • Danny Rose makes Nacer Chadli a much better player
  • Mason was very good, less effective when out wide
  • Dier is getting better and better at DM
  • Jan was much improved
  • Alli looked good again
  • Kane should have scored, but much more involved and I have no doubts
  • Much better atmosphere at WHL, shame it's the players that have to lift the fans rather than vice versa
  • We'll win soon, very positive game
That is how it looked on the screen as well. We just need to take the chances ... Harry 1-on-1 with Howard, Mason 1-on-1 with him twice, Chadli had a couple of excellent chances and there were half a dozen half chances.

When the ball was pinballing in their box would Charlie Austin have forced a couple in? ... probably.

Why is everyone having a go at the ref??
I can't remember anything he did that particularly bothered me or I at least wasnt stomping about living room in a rage, swearing and hoping he died in hell's fiery pit :)
He gave a bunch of 30/70's in nevertons favor, with quick succession. Moreover, him running around smiling and putting his tounge out (seriously) fucked me off to the point I wished any spurs player would just go and punch his shit eating grin out of orbit and I wouldn't care about a red card, jailtime and 6 years suspension (should've saved Paulinho for times like this).

I can't remember anything he did that particularly bothered me or I at least wasnt stomping about living room in a rage, swearing and hoping he died in hell's fiery pit :)

I'm not one to have a go at the ref but he was taking the absolute piss at the end. He missed about 3 Everton fouls where they straight barged our players from the back, he called fouls on pritchard and someone else that clearly were not fouls, he said Walker handled the ball which he did not. A total joke at the end BUT to be fair he could have sent Benteleb off but didn't.

Can't blame the ref for not being able to hit a fucking barn door lads.
Kane so so so needs a goal ffs, hes really not looking good last 10/12 games bar a cracker in the states.
Needs support though-badly.

our only weakness for me was our wide players didnt offer enough when taking a man on, but with our recent signings hopefully this will change COYS!!

Dier was great today and sooner or later mason will put them away he gets in great positions

Can't blame the ref for not being able to hit a fucking barn door lads.
Kane so so so needs a goal ffs, hes really not looking good last 10/12 games bar a cracker in the states.
Needs support though-badly.
to be fair to him he does an awful lot of work he will come good with right support

He was terrible in 2nd half.

Worst ones for me:
Walker Breaking up play and starting a counter by taking the ball with his stomach. Ref blows for hands.

Lukaku going mental - no yellow.
Lukaku (shortly after) violently pulling down a player (Dier perhaps) to stop a counter. No yellow.

Kane being mounted and fucked over by Jagielka or Stones. No freekick. Minutes after they got a freekick for a similar yet not as violent offense.

Naismith and Rose in a duel. Naismith clearly holding Rose, but Everton gets the free kick.

Naismith jumping straight into Nabil, knee raised into the side of Nabil. No free kick (seconds after Naismith stomped Nabils arm as well)

Of the top of my head.... Perhaps you can imagine I was throwing a tantrum in my living room.
I now have 1 broken original painting on my wall.

He was terrible in 2nd half.

Worst ones for me:
Walker Breaking up play and starting a counter by taking the ball with his stomach. Ref blows for hands.

Lukaku going mental - no yellow.
Lukaku (shortly after) violently pulling down a player (Dier perhaps) to stop a counter. No yellow.

Kane being mounted and fucked over by Jagielka or Stones. No freekick. Minutes after they got a freekick for a similar yet not as violent offense.

Naismith and Rose in a duel. Naismith clearly holding Rose, but Everton gets the free kick.

Naismith jumping straight into Nabil, knee raised into the side of Nabil. No free kick (seconds after Naismith stomped Nabils arm as well)

Of the top of my head.... Perhaps you can imagine I was throwing a tantrum in my living room.
I now have 1 broken original painting on my wall.

None were goals not given or pen decisions/red cards or game changers though-we are nit picking if we are blaming the ref for not winning today-we can't fucking score for shit, plain and simple.

None were goals not given or pen decisions/red cards or game changers though-we are nit picking if we are blaming the ref for not winning today-we can't fucking score for shit, plain and simple.

well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

Much more encouraging, lots of positives apart from the result.. It just didn't happen. A performance like that would normally end in a 3-0.
I thought Dier was awesome today, and Dembele before he went off.. Any news on that??
Kane is letting the lazy pundits get to him and is trying too hard.. It will come Harry it will come. Dont listen to the Prick pundits get to you.
The atmosphere in the ground was excellent today.. mind you the 17-30 KO helped, lots of well oiled fans in there today..
As for Everton fans, they were shite, all they were singing was Fuck Off Mourinho, and money can't buy you Stones.
Other than the result, the only negative was the amount of stupid freekicks we give away in dangerous areas. We gave loads away near the end and any one of them could've ended in a goal..
Good job the back 4 were on song today, in fact I thought all 4 were superb..
Deserved more but it was an encouraging display..

Back
Top Bottom